Christianity Explained - Civilized Discussion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thePhoenix

I did not make you click on this link, so if you're here and don't like what you see, please just go to another thread.
I stay calm and civilized when discussing, so I expect the same from anyone responding.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15)

I would have put this under Bible Discussion, but I would like to go over all views of Christianity, but I've listed specific topics below I'd like to cover in this thread.
Do not post HATE. If you start trashing me, I'll report you to a mod. I don't appreciate how I've been treated since I started asking questions here. I am not an atheist or a skeptic, I just want answers because, as Guy P. Harrison says:

“The Bible’s greatest problem is not that it often makes God look like a deranged, bloodthirsty maniac, or even that it contains numerous errors. No, the real reason the Bible hasn’t been able to convince everyone everywhere that Jesus is the only path to heaven is that it is poorly written and structured. Virtually everything about it is wrong if its purpose is to speak for God to the world..."

"Christians often confuse not believing in Jesus with rejecting Jesus, but the two are very different.

"Good skeptics are people who make the decision to use their brains, to be honest, and to try their best to live in the real world—whatever world that may turn out to be. More than anything, being a good skeptic is about courage and commitment”

“If something happens that is highly unusual, and no explanation is readily available, isn’t “I don’t know” the only appropriate response? How can we justify leaping to the extraordinary conclusion that an unexplained event is the work of a god? Unknown means unknown.”

If you are responding to any of the following questions, include the number corresponding with the topic in your reply:

1. Has anyone ever seen God?

2. What happens to people who don't believe in Jesus?

3. Does God get angry? If yes, does the anger fade like ours?

4. Is the Devil trapped in hell?

Dec 18, 2013
Interesting topic. First I want to say, I myself don't think the Bible is poorly written. HOWEVER, I think it be honest to say that maybe people have a hard time understanding it fully.

Also I really liked your 1 Peter 3:15 quote. So here is my human attempt to answer your four questions for you (and please remember I'm just a learner like you are seeking to learn.)

1. Has anyone seen God?

I assume you mean like seen Him in person. The obvious answer I could give is I've seen His effects. However to answer you very literally, the answer is in fact Yes. The Bible shows many mortal human people like you and me who claim to have seen God, from Moses claiming to have seen him on the mountain, to naturally just about everyone in the Gospels that saw Jesus. In fact since you brought up that Peter quote, naturally Peter is a claimer to have seen God.

First I would say, what is Jesus name? Jesus name is God is Salvation. Also He have the name Immanuel which means God is With Us. We also know God is Truth, God is Love, God is Goodness. So I would say if on the Resurrection Day when you are raised up to see God with your own face and if you still don't believe in God is Salvation, God is With Us, God is Love, God is Truth, God is Good, God is the Creator, God is the Alpha and Omega, etc. that you will be thrown away into the trash heap of souls and never regain immortality. Justifiably so too, because it wouldn't make sense to allow evil, death, and sin back into the World after God abolishes the death, evil, satan, etc. Basically to put it another way to say you do not beleive in Jesus means you yourself deny yourself the Salvation offered by God. To deny Salvation you must deny Love, Truth, etc. Hence wickedness. (Though I am not trying to scare you here either, remember ultimately God loves you and wants to forgive you and wants you to live forever. I am sure God understands your heart better than I do thus why He is patient with all of us, myself included, because He knows we're still learning. Kind of just like how a good parent is patient with their kids even though their kids might make mistakes because they know their kid is still learning.)

The first answer is Yes, God does get angry numerous times throughout the Bible when mankind transgresses the Law of Life. Just the same, numerous times throughout the Bible God's anger can and does fade away because God is patient with us and what He really wants is for us to just get back to walking the Path of Life so that we don't die for all eternity. A good example is Story of Jonah and how God intends to destroy Nineveh because of its wickedness, but after the people of the city repent and turn away from their wickedness that He spares the city in that time period. (I made a topic in Bible Discussion section about Jonah and copied full book of Jonah, so feel free to stop in there and ponder the Book of Jonah in more depth with us :) )

4. Is the Devil trapped in Hell?

Tricky question here for me to answer really. On one hand you could say no the Devil is not trapped in Hell (hell, like sheol, like the nethers, like gehenna all are words to symbolize True and Complete Death) because like a roaring lion he roams the face of Earth looking for people to devour.
On the other hand you could say Satan (which means the Adversary) is in fact trapped in Hell/Death because the path of Satan can only lead to Death and Satan being the supreme spirit of error and stupidity keeps plodding on down the Path of Death thus he is trapped by his own stupidity, evil, and Death itself. That is of course, until the day foretold comes when Satan, wickedness, and even Death itself will be thrown out of Creation and destroyed forever.

These are just my human answers from my study of the Bible, I am still a young man keep in mind and I am more like an infant still learning so please keep that in mind. I seen some of your posts and I understand where you're coming from. I don't think you're trying to be evil or nothing. I think you're alot like me and how I was. I think you're just trying to learn more, and that's good because I too am just trying to learn more. I hope you can learn more about Jesus and God's goodness and I wish you well.

T

thePhoenix

1. Has anyone seen God?

I assume you mean like seen Him in person. The obvious answer I could give is I've seen His effects. However to answer you very literally, the answer is in fact Yes. The Bible shows many mortal human people like you and me who claim to have seen God, from Moses claiming to have seen him on the mountain, to naturally just about everyone in the Gospels that saw Jesus. In fact since you brought up that Peter quote, naturally Peter is a claimer to have seen God.

But what about Exodus 33:20? "But He [God] said, 'You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" There are also other verses that claim he has not been seen, like John 1:18, John 5:37, John 6:46, and 1 Tim. 6:15-16. I'm not saying I don't believe you, because in Num. 12:6-8, it does speak of Moses being special and being able to behold the form of the Lord.

“He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

First I would say, what is Jesus name? Jesus name is God is Salvation. Also He have the name Immanuel which means God is With Us. We also know God is Truth, God is Love, God is Goodness. So I would say if on the Resurrection Day when you are raised up to see God with your own face and if you still don't believe in God is Salvation, God is With Us, God is Love, God is Truth, God is Good, God is the Creator, God is the Alpha and Omega, etc. that you will be thrown away into the trash heap of souls and never regain immortality. Justifiably so too, because it wouldn't make sense to allow evil, death, and sin back into the World after God abolishes the death, evil, satan, etc. Basically to put it another way to say you do not beleive in Jesus means you yourself deny yourself the Salvation offered by God. To deny Salvation you must deny Love, Truth, etc. Hence wickedness. (Though I am not trying to scare you here either, remember ultimately God loves you and wants to forgive you and wants you to live forever. I am sure God understands your heart better than I do thus why He is patient with all of us, myself included, because He knows we're still learning. Kind of just like how a good parent is patient with their kids even though their kids might make mistakes because they know their kid is still learning.)

But what about those of Jewish faith? The Jewish do not believe that Jesus was the true son of God, and they are still waiting for their Messiah. Does that mean none of them are getting into Heaven, when the bible was originally meant for the Jews in the first place?

Also, it seems to me that only the Jews are allowed into heaven anyway... Revelation 7:3-8 says, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their forehead." And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and fourty-four thousand, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed."

The first answer is Yes, God does get angry numerous times throughout the Bible when mankind transgresses the Law of Life. Just the same, numerous times throughout the Bible God's anger can and does fade away because God is patient with us and what He really wants is for us to just get back to walking the Path of Life so that we don't die for all eternity. A good example is Story of Jonah and how God intends to destroy Nineveh because of its wickedness, but after the people of the city repent and turn away from their wickedness that He spares the city in that time period. (I made a topic in Bible Discussion section about Jonah and copied full book of Jonah, so feel free to stop in there and ponder the Book of Jonah in more depth with us :) )

I get what you're saying. In Jeremiah 3:12, which says, "For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." But in Jeremiah 17:4, God says, "Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever," So I'm sort of torn on which I should believe.

4. Is the Devil trapped in Hell?

Tricky question here for me to answer really. On one hand you could say no the Devil is not trapped in Hell (hell, like sheol, like the nethers, like gehenna all are words to symbolize True and Complete Death) because like a roaring lion he roams the face of Earth looking for people to devour.
On the other hand you could say Satan (which means the Adversary) is in fact trapped in Hell/Death because the path of Satan can only lead to Death and Satan being the supreme spirit of error and stupidity keeps plodding on down the Path of Death thus he is trapped by his own stupidity, evil, and Death itself. That is of course, until the day foretold comes when Satan, wickedness, and even Death itself will be thrown out of Creation and destroyed forever.
Do you believe that the Devil has both a physical form and a spirit form?

Dec 18, 2013
1. I like that verse in Exodus. Remember it also say that God let Moses see parts of Him, but Moses didn't see the whole thing of God nor his face. Another cool thing about this event it is said after this event that Moses face glowed. It is indeed True like you pointed out though that all throughout the Bible it is claimed no man has seen the Father's face. Very interesting thing to ponder indeed! I can't give you the full and total answer on it, but it is very interesting no doubt.

2. Now this is a very cool thing to ponder indeed. Again I can' really give you a definitive answer on this because that is from Revelations which is a prophecy that still has yet to come to pass. I can give you only guesses here, so keep that in mind. One guess is that these are groups of people that are spiritually representative of the 12 Tribes of Israel, for which there will be very few on Earth when the Beginning of Sorrows occurs. Another guess might be quite literally that peopel all over Earth have some of those tribes DNA within them today and such number will be dwindled during those hard tiems prophesied in Revelations. This interpretation could also go back to the spiritual guess and also would indicate the prophecies declaring Israel to be scattered and married into the World is more literal than we might be able to imagine. And of course the guesses might be beyond our comprehension since naturally the signs that come before that event in Revelations have not yet come to pass, thus we cannot know for 100% sure its meaning. Also keep in mind "Jews" are a race of people, not to be confused with Judaism, which is a religion. Also another curious thing is at the end of Revelations there are in fact 2 Resurrections that are detailed. One where all the true believers are resurrected first and rule over Earth for 1000 years (some people think this is what the so-called Rapture is) and the second Resurrection whereby every human that ever lived is raised up and judged according to their deeds.

3. I would say believe both. If God sees people repent his anger calms down because He is willing and wants to forgive everyone. If God sees people basically following and spreading Death and Sin wouldn't His anger be justified? Look at the prophecy in that verse 17:4 in whole because it clearly shows why God's anger is kindled and in fact how he intends to punish Judah (and this prophecy may have passed all ready when Babylon conquered Judah), "And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not"

4. As for that Old Serpent, I can make many guesses here, and again I can give you no definitive answer. I do admit I do sort of lean to the thinking that The Adversary has a body and a spirit form, namely due to the prophecy in Revelations that claims him and his angels will be thrown down. It could be though that maybe he doesn't have a body but is just a spirit. Many mysteries on this part with no real definitive answer I can give you or myself at the current time due to me still eing newer to learning abotu Christianity and the Bible. Though it would seem that if Satan is able to run around Earth devouring men's souls and also is to be thrown down and eventually thrown away in the trash heap, and the fact God cursed him to eat dirt for eternity that he could have a body somewhere. Another thing that made me think that Worm might have a body somewhere is that in Revelations 2:13 it says of the church of Pergamos: "I know thy works and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is." Either way though whether Satan have a body or not is inconsequential and you shouldn't let it bother you much, as the Worm proves throughout every tale where he is featured that he is in fact the most stupid of all beings in the universe and he will undoubtedly be destroyed for all eternity.

Really like talking to you and sorry if I can't give you any definitive answers or any of that. Remember just like you I am still a learner, but hey I like your questions and mode of thinking. You are a very smart girl. We are kinda on the same page spiritually I think where both of us are just asking questions and trying to find answers. I can see where you're at on the road too because it's pretty much the same questions and stuff I was asking myself not even 1 full year ago as I was first reading through the Bible. Heh that's part of the reason I started coming to this website, and have found it to be very helpful, plus I enjoy the fellowship all around.

Last edited:
N

nathan3

Hi
thePhoenix. I responded to your other post about Judges ,check it out .

N

nathan3

1. Has anyone ever seen God?

4. Is the Devil trapped in hell?

These questions would take days to answer according to scripture fully. But they do have short answers too if your familiar with the the material .

1 People have seen the Son, and He is God. Also people have seen the angel of the Lord etc. He did appear in the form, of the Angel of the Lord.

2They have to pay for their own sins perhaps ( yet hell, is not in existence yet " blotting out " ) .
And at the very end of the Lords Day, they would have to get their act together, before the Great White throne Judgment.

3God dose get angry, at the wicked, who hurt the innocent. It can stop, if they stop their evil and change.

4Satan is in heaven at this time.

Last edited:
T

thePhoenix

1. I like that verse in Exodus. Remember it also say that God let Moses see parts of Him, but Moses didn't see the whole thing of God nor his face. Another cool thing about this event it is said after this event that Moses face glowed. It is indeed True like you pointed out though that all throughout the Bible it is claimed no man has seen the Father's face. Very interesting thing to ponder indeed! I can't give you the full and total answer on it, but it is very interesting no doubt.

What about Exodus 24:9-11 and any other verse that states God was seen, whether in a vision or ensuing a physical form?

Exodus 24:9-11) – “Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”

Are you saying that God has a physical form, but no face? And if that is true, what color is his skin, his hair; what was he wearing? And if he was a glob of blinding light, then they wouldn't have "seen God", but another vision of him. The other verses I mentioned do not even include God's "face".

John 1:18
“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.“
John 5:37
"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”
John 6:46
"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.”

Besides all of that, you agree with me that it is indeed strange how both the verses contradict each other,Exodus 33:20 and Num. 12:6-8. In Revelations 22:18-19:

"18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

In laymen terms, this means that if one verse in the bible is wrong, all of it is wrong. That would mean that everything else is completely invalid. Because, honestly, There are 30,000 denominations of Christianity, 81 translated versions of the bible, at least (that's the number I counted on Bible Gateway, so I'm sure there are more), so is it not possible, in the slightest way, that the Bible is unfortunately a folly?

I know when I lost faith in college, it was one of the hardest things for me to do; admit that I'd commited my entire life to a folly.

Psychology teaches that when you've spent enough time, and sacrificed enough of yourself, to something, it can cause something known as Stockholm Syndrome.

Definition: Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them.

As a Christian, most of you have given your lives to this faith, as the bible commands. If you haven't, and at some point do become Christian, it can still be summed up as a number of things, like Asch Conformity (linked to a youtube video if you're interested).

Overall, I appreciate your time and honesty. You admit you don't know all the answers, as I do, and you don't come off as a 'holier-than-thou' kind of person. You say I remind you of when you were asking the same questions; does this mean you were not always of the Christian faith? And if so, what changed?

Dec 18, 2013
@Phoenix

To touch on the subject of the Face of God. Note Moses saw part of God, he did not see his face therefore they would not have seen all of God, but would have just got a blessed glimpse of Him, and others heard his Voice or saw part of Him which even His voice would be as a part of Him (ie: that famous Ark of the Covenant.) If you refer back to Exodus Chapter 33 and read the rest of it from 33:20-23 God tells Moses He will cover his face while His glory passes by Moses and will take away his hand and Moses will see his back parts, but his face Moses shall not see because if he did he would die. Let me use a modern parable; if I got on cam right now and walked past it and covered the cam and took my hand away as I walked past that you only saw my back, but showed you not my face, you would have seen part of me, but you would not have seen my full glory nor have seen me.

In reference to the Gospel of John references. The first one is simple, it is telling you that Jesus have seen God fully as Jesus is God of course lol. The next reference is very specific and you need to read the whole Chapter 5 to understand because Jesus is saying to the Jews that seek to kill him (5:18) that they have never seen God, much less know Him (very true considerring here they are plotting to kill their own God.) John 6:46 is a similar situation to John 5 again inferring that the Jews trying to plot against Jesus have never seen God or understand God. Remember, it is often useful to read the whole chapter or the whole book for the sake of context.

Here's an interesting fact you may not know going back to our Adversary. Even Satan tried to make God kill Himself by taking the Scripture out of context (and funny enough the one time Satan quotes the Scripture, Psalm 91:11 if you read the rest of the Psalm 91 is actually a prophecy about the stupid Worm himself being destroyed. Lol classic dumb Satan.)

On the curse inscribed in Revelations. What you must understand here is it is not referring to the entire Bible. You have to remember, the common mistake anti-christians (and even many Christians) make is they think the Bible is one whole book when in fact it is an ancient collection of books and letter written over an incredibly long time at variable points in history by numerous people. The specific curse here at the end of Revelations I think is referring to the Book of Revelations itself. Though I suppose you could apply it to the Bible because if one confuses the Bible they will confuse the Truth and if you confuse the Truth you will fall down the Path of Illusion/Lies. If you and all humantiy fall down the Path of Illusion you will by your own hand bring about the End Times without even knowing it. This we can see happening in our World today. Though there is still time to seize the Sign of Jonah, but lol we can see man's wicked hearts probably will not take that opportunity.

In terms of the denominations, these I do not care for myself, because what they are. They are in fact mankind adding to or taking away from the Bible; are they not? And look how such division and stuff blinds such people and they fall right into the Path of Illusion, thus ironically fulfilling the curses Bible says will happen to such.

Now in terms of the many translations, this is cool proofs for the Bible's veracity that it wasn't just invented by people like has been the claimed since about the 1800s. This is also how we can go through the many translations and find out using Truth whether or not anyone falsified, took away, or added anything into the many Biblical books that ought not belong. Quite cool in my opinion. Also may fulfill that old prophecy of spreading the Word throughout all of Earth to give mankind the chance to understand, if mankind choose it.

As for Psychology I like psychology indeed! One of the things I have studied very well and actualyl got good grades on back in highschool lol. Though to be honest I didn't go to college, but they offered it in a high school class and I read my dad's college psych textbook (keep in mind his psych book was written in the 1970s) cover to cover for fun cause it is cool indeed. I am very familiar with Asch Conformity and Stockholm Syndrome. These things speak to me of how easy it is for some malignant people to brainwash the masses into not believing the Bible or even not read it at all lol. A good example of Asch conformity is evolution. Anyone can see evolution is a lie because of its many contradictions and outright defiance of scientifically provable fact (such as genetics). Lol but the fact people indoctrinate people into evolution easily makes them believe it without question. Stockholm syndrome, when one identifies with their abuser is a good sign of the more evil idolatry religions and demonic doctrines which are sadly much more prevalent over the face of the Earth, for instance Islam. In Islam the human will is broken down so much that people merely conform to it out of fear in my opinion. Another cool psychological study that I would suggest you look up is the so-called Lucifer Effect by Zimbardo that proves if people are given unchecked power over others they more often than not turn into abusers. My old highschool Psych teacher had us do a video conference/interview with Zimbardo which was very cool indeed.

As for the so-called Ancient confession you posted and all the other stuff like it. This stuff is easily disproven as too many people wrote about Jesus both his friends whom told the Truth about Him and his enemies that tried to tell Lies about Him, though of course their Lies, like all Lies, collapse in on themselves. Either way though this proves the historical veracity of Jesus, and in fact makes him one of the historically most provable people to walk Ancient Earth due to how much both good and bad is written about Him. In fact by utilizing Truth we can even discover the origin of such Lies as originating from various sources like the Gnostics, Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Ye Old Atheists, and an unending list of idol worshippers. Curious thing about that is you almost wonder where they get the idea from, and a good bit of the darker Lies go back to people that themselves claim were talking with demons curiously. Though who knows, maybe they were just deranged.

Now on myself: yes I wasn't always a Christian, not even sure if I like giving myself the title of Christian even now; perhaps a Learner in Christiantiy is a better title for myself. I was for the most part an Atheist throughout my life. Now as with most Atheists I started off as what I would more appropriately term an Anti-Theist meaning I just try to troll believers basically, and the only way I could attempt to do that is with Lies. Since any believer of any religion can easily rebuke you for Lying that really gets you no where. Then I sorta morphed into where I was still an Atheist but actually went and looked at what believers of all different religions (and even ye olde mythologies) believed so that I could understand their perspective. This I think isn't too bad a thing even if you are an Atheist because then you are at least playing the game and not just trying to troll, but rather to try to understand.

Now from here at looking at all beliefs, even Atheistic Theories (which are really just pseudo-religions). I began to notice common things and contradictions. What really murdered Atheism in my opinion is Truth. Now if you are an Atheist and there is no God, Creation Force, polytheistic pantheon, etc. then Truth is subjective to what you decide Truth to be. I can easily and scientifically prove Truth is in fact objective as opposed to subjective. A simple experiment in that is if I slapped you and you told everyone I slapped you, and I told everyone I didn't, and even if they all believed me over you, the fact still remains that I did what I did whether or not I say otherwise or not. Thus Truth is Objective and no matter how much mankind tries he can only attempt to disrupt the Truth via Lies and Illusion. Thus Truth cannot be overcome by Man.

Now once I realized this then we can take Truth and use it to build up Truth. Just the same one cannot build Truth off of Lies (ie: evolution, denying I did soemthing bad, etc.) because then it begins to fall apart and therefore is not Truth. So then once I realize that Truth does in fact exist and Truth is objective and not subjective then I realize there must be someone or something out there that knows the full measure of Truth. So then became a whole other journey of going through all the religious/spiritual/philosophical beliefs using the Sword of Truth and finding which ones fall apart when put to the test and which ones do not. After doing this exhuastively for years (and still doing it) only one single religion remains that I cannot overcome using Truth. That religion is Christianity.

Now like I said before, I don't understand everything completely, I am still learning, but with Truth everything can be known, proven, and pondered. Thus the only way anyone can try to say Christianity is wrong is by making up a multitude of Lies, or twisting the Scripture with Lies, etc. etc. There are in fact millions of Lies mankind have tried throughout history to try to destroy Christianity, but yet it cannot be overcome.

Lol so ironically if I want to overcome Christianity I have to use the Truth to do it, and I admit I tried using that scrutiny to try to overcome it, but ironically time and time again the Truth does nothing but to build up Christianity lol. So now my current path is trying to use Truth to uncover all those splendid mysteries in the Bible. And also to try to understand our current world, which if I look at our current World in Truth, makes me quite fearful because for some reason though the majority of Earth doesn't believe in God they are for some reason rushing headlong into the prophecies He said would happen. Though remember not to fear too much because of God's great Promise that even Death itself will be destroyed.

So it is that is the best way to try to understand the Bible, History, Science, The World, etc. If one walks down the Path of Truth they will get nothing but Truth. If one falls into the Labyrinth of Lies and Illusion they can never understand anything.
Though keep in mind no one is going to miraculously give you evidence and the full measure of the Truth in one day, hence the need to continually learn. But hey, I myself like learning, especialyl now armed with Truth because since finding Truth I have only gained more and more knowledge and thus been able to learn mroe and more things. It's pretty fun actually in my opinion. And I'm not trying to attack you or anything because I can see you are jsut like me, you're just trying to learn more. So my best advice to you is try to stick to the Truth as much as possible. Question all things, it's not bad to question the Bible, but do so in the spirit of Truth because if you try to make illusions about the Bible or anything else in life you will never learn anything. And if you stick to the Path of Truth not only can you uncover everything in the Bible but even outside the Bible you will literally be able to know everything.

And again I like talking to you, I can see we're on a very similar level of intellect and interests. I can see you're very intelligent and just by me talking to you and trying to answer your questions so you have helped me understand and learn even more things.

T

Tintin

The Bible is poorly-written and structured? Really? Even most secular scholars would argue that there is nothing quite like the Bible, that it's expertly-written and structured.