Christianity VS. Evolution. "Discriminated" because of my religion.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GodsGirl368

I had a history teacher yell at me for being christian and saying evolution is fake. I watched a documentary where a reporter asked scientists and people who major in biology, to give evidence today for Darwin's Theory of Evolution. Everyone said they have no real evidence that could confirm it. But I'm here, getting anxiety from atheists around me in my daily life,(teachers,students,neighbours, family) the fact that they call me brainwashed & stupid just makes me sad and insecure. What is evolution is the truth? I believe in God, but my faith is shaking and I don't want it to.

O

oldernotwiser

i guess i read scripture differently but i dont see it as an issue. needless to say im not a fundamentalist. i simply dont look to scripture for scientific answers. the scriptures were written in a language and within a culture that had no word for "science." ln the beginning i know that god created the heavens and the earth. thats enough. i dont really care about the mechanics of the thing. i have enough to do just trying to follow christ in my daily life. arguing about the age of the earth just takes up too much timel

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I had a history teacher yell at me for being christian and saying evolution is fake. I watched a documentary where a reporter asked scientists and people who major in biology, to give evidence today for Darwin's Theory of Evolution. Everyone said they have no real evidence that could confirm it. But I'm here, getting anxiety from atheists around me in my daily life,(teachers,students,neighbours, family) the fact that they call me brainwashed & stupid just makes me sad and insecure. What is evolution is the truth? I believe in God, but my faith is shaking and I don't want it to.
Hebrews 11:3
By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

I always read this scripture as the world we see didn't make itself, like evolution pretty much suggests.

Mar 3, 2014
Evolution says you were created from stardust. God tells us, warns us that things like the belief in evolution would happen, to try and get your attention away from the truth, which evolution has done to many unfortunately. God is simply showing you that the devil can and will try anything to get you to believe in something other than God, and evolution is one of the tools that the devil uses and as I said he has had success with it, sadly to say. Stand firm in your faith. Evolution says the earth is more than 4 billions years old, but the truth of the age of the earth can be found by using the genealogy in the bible which will tell you that the earth is about 6,000 years old, far from 4 billion years. They say there is no soul, but can't prove it, they say when you die you just go to sleep, but they will tell you they can't prove it, they say God isn't real, but again they can't prove it. They make so many claims, but can't prove any of them, ironic isn't it? I hope this helps you, and remember please continue to ask questions so you can stand up to all of these things that the devil try's to get you to believe, as they say knowledge is power, so keep the questions coming.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
There's a great book out there called We don't speak great things we live them It's actually a translation into modern language of two of the earliest known Christian writings after the Bible. One of them is set up as a debate between a believer and a non-believer, during the debate the non-believer says (keep in mind that this was written 1800 years ago):

Man and the animals are simply voluntary compositions of the elements. We are born infused with life, and nourished by the elements. And we will all eventually dissipate back into the elements from which we came. All things flow back into their original source and are recycled into new things - without the help of any designer or creator

So the philosophical ideas you are fighting long pre-date Darwin and are not new with modern science.

You talked about watching documentaries that show how shaky the evidence for evolution is, that's a good first step. I know the ministry called Answers in Genesis has a lot of resources on their website to try to explain why the science is not as exact or conclusive as many claim. There's also Lee Strobel's the case for a creator which I read part of and it reveals that several of the most common supports for evolution taught in schools and textbooks have been disproven but are still taught as useful illustrations of a principle that they are certain is true.

Ultimately everyone has their bias, that includes teachers and curriculum writers, and in England there is a heavy cultural bias towards atheism and evolution. You will be in the minority, that's just the way it is. Continue to ask for evidence, and flat out refuse to listen to anyone who needs to resort to insults or name calling to win an argument, that means they have no argument.

Now a couple encouraging scriptures for you since you're in a hard spot:

Think of all the hostility [Jesus] endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. - Heb 12:3

God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are [Jesus'] followers - Matt 5:11

May you see God's blessing unfolding in your life.

A

Animus

People have been trying to avoid God since the beginning of creation. The theory of Evolution has several good points in micro evolution (small variations within a species), but lacks proof that these little variations (combined with mutations) can account for all the variety we have today. I've asked so many evolutionists about this, and read a lot, and it always comes down to "well we don't claim to have all the answers". They can't explain how the first protein formed, or how the first life emerged from non-life. They can't explain first cause, the thing that got the whole process starting, but was itself, by definition, uncaused. In the same way that throwing a shuffled deck of cards in the air and having them land in a sorted pile is possible, evolution may be possible, given that you had something (God) to start the process of existence, and first life. But just because something is possible, doesn't mean it has happened, or ever will happen.

The atheists hate the idea of God because they are in love with their sin and they will do anything to silence the voice of morality. They'll lie and say things like, "Evolution has been proven" or "The Bible is full of contradictions" or "Religion was made out of superstition" or "Jesus never existed", basically anything to get you to stop believing, because they will not be satisfied until that voice of God (as it comes through believers) has been silenced. At the end of the day, every atheist I have spoken to has shown their true colors by ending the argument by saying things like, "I don't need God, I'm fine on my own".

[video=youtube;_LTaPIK7maY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTaPIK7maY[/video]

Feb 21, 2014
Although they will lie themselves into a Christless grave if they don't repent, you have the Scriptures, don't you? which is what counts.

F

Fishbait

The 'experts' gave no evidence for evolution because there is none. Keep your faith in God and believe Him when He said He created everything. Many people believe in evolution. Read a good article on this subject here: Do People Really Believe In Evolution?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2011
[video=youtube;Q8DDIe_2cHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM[/video]