Christians! Have you ever...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2013
I'm well aware of all the reheated,repeated and recycled arguments against god and the bible. I'm sick of some of them myself lol

But have you ever heard something different?

What's the most unique one you've heard? Doesn't matter if it was any good or not.. But what argument have you heard that stands out from the crowd for either the right or wrong reasons :)

R

rainin

The most unique thing I have heard was from a Bible study teacher a few years ago. He said that he thought it could be possible that before the flood there may have been more advanced technology than we have in this time. He went on to say that our race was so "pure" at that time that our intelligence must have been astounding. Also the fact that people lived to be almost 1000 years old in some cases there was more time to gain knowlege and experience. Of course it was only a theory but it is something to make one wonder. After all...there is no new thing under the sun.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
IntoTheVoid,

Your profile says you ARE NOT a Christian,
and here you are, on a Christian site,
actually asking people to give you good atheistic arguments AGAINST GOD.

Maybe you took a wrong turn and wound up on the wrong website?

: )

Also, if you're an atheist and want to debate apologetics...
you should just say that at the beginning of your post,
so everyone knows.

Sep 14, 2013
This isn't a question for debating. Just want to hear if you've come across any arguments that differ from the usual statements. Regardless of if they were any good or not.

And no I'm not starting every post with a disclaimer or anything lol

R

rainin

This isn't a question for debating. Just want to hear if you've come across any arguments that differ from the usual statements. Regardless of if they were any good or not.

And no I'm not starting every post with a disclaimer or anything lol
I am a Christian and I think I may have misunderstood your post. Im sorry if I may have offended anyone. I was only speaking of something unique that I had heard, not arguing against God or the Bible. I also feel like you should be more forth coming in the future of your intentions.

Sep 14, 2013
But I don't have any intentions lol.

If I'm about to weigh in on something and my post might cause a stir then it's fair to put something in there about my viewpoint but if I'm just asking a general question then I don't see how it's necessary

And please don't apologise. My comment was directed at Maxel, not yourself. I enjoyed your post. Still nice to hear an alternative viewpoint on something :)

M

megaman125

I'm well aware of all the reheated,repeated and recycled arguments against god and the bible. I'm sick of some of them myself lol

But have you ever heard something different?

What's the most unique one you've heard? Doesn't matter if it was any good or not.. But what argument have you heard that stands out from the crowd for either the right or wrong reasons :)
I once had an atheist tell me that the Red Sea didn't part in the book of Exodus because the Atlantic Ocean didn't part when the Titanic sank.

G

Graybeard

But I don't have any intentions lol.

If I'm about to weigh in on something and my post might cause a stir then it's fair to put something in there about my viewpoint but if I'm just asking a general question then I don't see how it's necessary

And please don't apologise. My comment was directed at Maxel, not yourself. I enjoyed your post. Still nice to hear an alternative viewpoint on something :)
you should have posted your thread in the Miscellaneous Forum instead of The Bible Discussion Forum don't you think?

R

reject-tech

Your profile says you ARE NOT a Christian,
and here you are, on a Christian site
Whether intentional or not, the presence of the option "not Christian" on the profile is inherently an invitation for non-christians to take part in the site. If OP is somehow a "sinner" or in this case, likened to a "tax collector", then we should sit and eat with him.
I'll rather just assume he's an ordinary guy with a non-offensive sounding question, and sit and eat based on that.

OP, the best one I've heard that argues against God and the bible is that God bases a decision to save or torture on a rehearsed sinner's prayer which contains malformed concepts that are still fuzzy to the participants long after.
Ironically, there is a certain innocence in this belief that does indeed result in a salvation from that torture. Particularly in the fact that this type of torture never entered God's mind in the first place and was never an issue. So that's a pretty easy salvation. And pretty unfulfilling.

A man's real salvation is to see other people saved from their current afflictions of hunger, poverty, sickness, heartbreak and mistreatment in general, at the cost of self, because he loves them no matter who they are or what they've done in this confusing world.

Yet another crazy one that I heard is that a man was once told by God to hand craft a giant boat with a huge door in the side of the hull and have faith that it would somehow miraculously be able to not leak. That one I believe really happened. :)

T

tdrew777

A man's real salvation is to see other people saved from their current afflictions of hunger, poverty, sickness, heartbreak and mistreatment in general, at the cost of self, because he loves them no matter who they are or what they've done in this confusing world.
:)
Is this biblical salvation? Is the mistreatment of men, and their relief from it, at the center of salvation history?

If God created men so that they could be saved from mistreatment why would he allow mistreatment? Why is relief from mistreatment dependent on some one else?

What does such a logical system imply about the character of God?

And where is this in scripture?

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Hmmm... I'm sure I've heard a 'crazy' or novel argument at some stage, but I guess one of the more interesting discussions is when people propose that the gospel of John, as well as the letters of Paul, represent a Hellenisation of the Jewish Christian movement, and thus makes those texts suspect as authentic witnesses to either Christ himself or early Christian teaching.

It's interesting because it forces you to jump into the cultural milieu that was first century Judea, and look carefully at the language and though in those texts, as it relates to the rest of the NT canon.

Sep 26, 2013
I remember years ago this man was building another ark or had plans to because he believed there was going to be another world flood

Last edited: