Christians, The Church, and Worldly News & Entertainment

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2021
I am currently struggling with some things that are really unsettling in my spirit right now. First, the situation in the world, which has through the last couple of years since 2020, shown itself to me (and I hope to anyone with discernment) to be a spiritual battle ratcheting up day by day. There are some figure heads that have emerged such as Klaus Schwab and his advisor Yuval Noah Harari who openly declare themselves to be above God and belittle our all powerful sovereign God. As the world seems to be heading off a cliff with LGBQT, abortion, genocide, mass suffering, the inversion of truth, pedophilia, and just an all out onslaught of evil coming out of the woodwork, I find that many Christian leaders are silent on this topic, or dismissive at least. To me, I feel completely aghast at the lack of concern of what is going on in the world in Christian circles. I feel a heaviness in my spirit to all that is happening. Like a dark cloud has descended upon humanity and is deceiving and devouring us.

I also am appalled with the acceptance of many types of secular media such as Harry Potter and all those latest super hero movies with their occult and dark messaged themes. I'm not saying I am a perfect saint or anything like that. I am a sinner and need the blood of Jesus to wash me and I am so grateful for His passion and sacrifice that has made a way for all of us. But I am taken back by how many Christians I have come to know spend time with things such as Harry Potter and super hero movies that obviously push an agenda that is against scripture.

I'm open to your thoughts and ideas. Has anyone else experienced this heaviness and feeling? Am I missing something or completely off base?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to reading the comments and discussion that will follow. I pray that through this discussion God's awesome glory will be visible to all so that more may be saved, and His truth may be known. May God bless you all.

T

tstumf

Firstly, I’d encourage you to read (Victory over the darkness) and then (Bondage breaker) by Neil T Anderson. I think you will find his ministry very helpful to your faith walk and getting that heavy burden off your spirit. It’s been a game changer for my faith.

I’ve heard it mentioned that we may very well be in the time of the ten virgins parable with the oil being a metaphor to Being filled with the spirit in the end times Matthew25
And the Love of many growing cold as in Matthew 24:12 . I think one would do well in this time to study and meditate on Matthew 24 and 25 during this time.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mmm there are things of the world but they dont concern many Christians because we focus on how to please the Lord not the world.

Harry Potter and superhero movies are childish fantasies, eventually children do grow out of them. I. guess minecraft Bible and chronicles of narnia might appeal to that age group, there is also the Action Bible, but if all you are aware of is DC and Marvel and Harry Potter than thats just what you get I suppose.

You just have to shine your light brighter and eventually others will see that secular media is just a shadow in the light of Gods glory.

C

ChristianTonyB

I am currently struggling with some things that are really unsettling in my spirit right now. First, the situation in the world, which has through the last couple of years since 2020, shown itself to me (and I hope to anyone with discernment) to be a spiritual battle ratcheting up day by day. There are some figure heads that have emerged such as Klaus Schwab and his advisor Yuval Noah Harari who openly declare themselves to be above God and belittle our all powerful sovereign God. As the world seems to be heading off a cliff with LGBQT, abortion, genocide, mass suffering, the inversion of truth, pedophilia, and just an all out onslaught of evil coming out of the woodwork, I find that many Christian leaders are silent on this topic, or dismissive at least. To me, I feel completely aghast at the lack of concern of what is going on in the world in Christian circles. I feel a heaviness in my spirit to all that is happening. Like a dark cloud has descended upon humanity and is deceiving and devouring us.

I also am appalled with the acceptance of many types of secular media such as Harry Potter and all those latest super hero movies with their occult and dark messaged themes. I'm not saying I am a perfect saint or anything like that. I am a sinner and need the blood of Jesus to wash me and I am so grateful for His passion and sacrifice that has made a way for all of us. But I am taken back by how many Christians I have come to know spend time with things such as Harry Potter and super hero movies that obviously push an agenda that is against scripture.

I'm open to your thoughts and ideas. Has anyone else experienced this heaviness and feeling? Am I missing something or completely off base?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to reading the comments and discussion that will follow. I pray that through this discussion God's awesome glory will be visible to all so that more may be saved, and His truth may be known. May God bless you all.
The world is way out of harmony with God, as is much of the church IMO. Whether we are in the end times or not, only God knows. I can't see Him leaving the status quo as is though irrespective, otherwise the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighbouring cities could rightly claim they were unfairly treated by God. He won't let that happen. One way or another, there's a lot of pain ahead for many of us!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
At the end of the day you can only control you.

If you perceive a problem, is there anything you can do about it? If so, what? Then do it.

If you can't do anything about it, move on to something where you can do something beneficial.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Lots of people are making really bad decisions these days, and the fallout will affect us all. I'm just saying... All you can do is make your own decisions. You can't control the people who are making bad ones.

Apr 12, 2021
Firstly, I’d encourage you to read (Victory over the darkness) and then (Bondage breaker) by Neil T Anderson. I think you will find his ministry very helpful to your faith walk and getting that heavy burden off your spirit. It’s been a game changer for my faith.

I’ve heard it mentioned that we may very well be in the time of the ten virgins parable with the oil being a metaphor to Being filled with the spirit in the end times Matthew25
And the Love of many growing cold as in Matthew 24:12 . I think one would do well in this time to study and meditate on Matthew 24 and 25 during this time.
Thank you for the suggested reading material and relevant verses. I plan to take a look into those books.

Matthew 24 has been on my mind a lot lately, and especially concerning the love of many growing cold as you mentioned. Also the warning of false prophets and false Christs. Isaiah 5:20 is another very relevant verse for the times we live in. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!". Also, Psalm 2 is extremely relevant, especially verses 2 and 3 with "(2) The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, (3) Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

With everything going on today, and the lack of people standing up for good, I just feel such anguish in my spirit. I feel like I might relate to how Daniel felt as he mentioned in Daniel 7:15.

Apr 12, 2021
The world is way out of harmony with God, as is much of the church IMO. Whether we are in the end times or not, only God knows. I can't see Him leaving the status quo as is though irrespective, otherwise the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighbouring cities could rightly claim they were unfairly treated by God. He won't let that happen. One way or another, there's a lot of pain ahead for many of us!
I truly believe humanity will be going through fallout from all the evil going on in the world now. It's not going to be an easy ride, but I do trust in God and His promise to keep his children and protect them. I pray Psalm 91 often and it does help to remind me of this. Psalm 9:17 does declare that "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." and Psalm 141:10 saying "Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape."

I believe we may see a complete collapse of the current international systems / trade / way of life we know today. I believe Revelation 18 is speaking of this. There is so much human suffering in the world and each day I feel the persecution of Christians growing.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
I'm not saying I am a perfect saint or anything like that. I am a sinner and need the blood of Jesus to wash me and I am so grateful for His passion and sacrifice that has made a way for all of us. But I am taken back by how many Christians I have come to know spend time with things such as Harry Potter and super hero movies that obviously push an agenda that is against scripture.
When was the last time you read Romans 12:1-2 & Ephesians 6? We as Christians are learning to walk in the Spirit and NOT after the flesh. These items that you bring up are all "world/flesh influences" .

Read 1 - 3 John and Jude again, too. Clearly there are MANY who profess to participate with Jesus who are walking in the flesh and NOT in Jesus and seemingly have no real awareness of it. Very sad, but avoidable.

The question is, do ppl want to grow into the full stature of Jesus? Ones who do will seek Him and participate actively in His Bride!