Christians with diseases because of sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
When you believe that works make no difference to your outcome then suffering is hard to understand or explain. You get some irresponsible people stating that all suffering is a punishment from God. If you look through the old testament you will see that the prophets used to have the hardest lives. Was this punishment from God ?

If you believe that works are a way to please God then suffering can be viewed as opportunities from God to elevate your position. Lot springs to mind as a person who pleased God with his patience.

In the end this Earth is a test for us. Suffering is part of the test. It is an opportunity. So an area of concern is actually if you have no suffering in your life.

Please don’t get me wrong, you cannot get into paradise without the grace of God but you need to do your part.

B

BeanieD

We canall be tempted by Satan but whenwe are a child of God, that is ALL satan can do. Agree also with Angela as sometimes our afflictions can be used for the glory of God and be an awesome witness. Definately not all is from past sin even though there are many who love to say it is. When we accept God into our lives, He washes us clean, White as snow, remembers our sins no more.

A

Ariel82

Job had to use a potshard to scrape off his lesions.

Jesus died on the Cross because of sin,

only thing to remember is when you see someone suffering it might not be because of THEIR sins but YOURS.

May 15, 2013
I am sure the catholics would love your salvation purgatory of being in belly limbo but it is not biblical. There is no in between lost and saved.
Do you know what Purgatory means? At this moment we aren't in Heaven or Hell, but there's going to be a day when God makes His final decision; and so right now we are in purgatory until that day. And you had made an remark about Catholics, I don't separate the household; It say that the wolf scatter the flock. And where does birth pains come from, the Buttocks?

Revelation 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth

Matthew 12:30
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Php 2:25

I believe when Paul listed just a few of his own tribulations, illness was not missing..........you tell me.
Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.
Php 2:26

For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.
Php 2:27

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

K

Kerry

I'm not treading all the post. Diseases is exactly what it say's, it is a dis easment and yes the it comes from sin. Does that mean that you have sinned yes. because we all have. we get sick because of our fallen state. Even the best have had chicken pox. Now were are told that it can turn to Shingles in our older years. Thats why we need the cross, Healing is in the cross. No law can do that. By His stripes we were healed. Amen.

P

peter1

I see so much mis understanding in a lot of posts here.Thankfully some truth also.

Firstly,where a lot of poeple go wrong,is this.There is no Grey areas in Christ.It is Black or white.When we say sin is Gods desipline for us we are denying that his son died and suffered for us.Just imagine if you felt how Jesus felt when everyone turned on him and made him suffer in their unblief.Jesus Christ was wounded for our transgressions and Bruised for our iniquities and by his stripes we WERE healed.Now,see here that he says WERE not will be or when he just feels the need to.We arent waiting on the Holy Spirit ,he is waiting on us to Claim what Jesus has already done for us ! to SAY or use BUT or IF is instantly leaning to your own understanding and not letting him direct your paths ! now look how it is written "by his stripes we WERE healed",this word "stripes" in the original greek actually means "stripe" because in that time,they classed stripes if they were less that one inch to each other then it became a stripe.Jesus was so whipped that you could not even tell he was a man ! right there we have it.For me im not going to dis believe what pure love he had and has for us because that would only hurt him more ! I will always claim that jesus christ is the same yesterday today and forever. also read Matthew 8 v 17.For christians WE BELIEVE we dont want to be in the grey all the time .God brings us into his light because Jesus is the light of the world.I can Guarentee you that to believe on these things you will never fail because God re news our minds and reminds us that Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the World.I live by God,because for me,no other earthly assumpion or reasoning will do.

Jesus as he died said it is finished.For me this world of sin and un belief is finished.The life i now live i live in faith in him who loves me and gave himself for me.I draw near to God and he draws near to me.I put aside theroies and instead recieve his living and full truth.Amen and God Bless.