Christmas Tree and House Lights Display

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
These are not current pics, but here is what our lights look like. On the Christmas tree there is a white snowflake star we have on it, but isn't on that pic when it was taken.

Attachments

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I got nothing. I hate doing all that work. But, at the same time, I want to do something, and I don't know what to do.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I got nothing. I hate doing all that work. But, at the same time, I want to do something, and I don't know what to do.
Lol that was hubby this year. I put up a little bit but he wasn't into it this year. I love the people that put a line of lights around a tree and put the Grinch by it. It's an easy way not to decorate, but decorate.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Lol that was hubby this year. I put up a little bit but he wasn't into it this year. I love the people that put a line of lights around a tree and put the Grinch by it. It's an easy way not to decorate, but decorate.
I got cartoon characters... but that Grinch is not one of them!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What? NOBODY has said anything about pagan Christmas and tree worship yet?

Come on, come on, come on! We got to get our act together here, people. We're slacking BAD this year.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022

Come on, come on, come on! We got to get our act together here, people. We're slacking BAD this year.
They have flocked to other forums this year, but don't worry, they'll be back here again to spread Christmas cheer. :LOL:

This year i am putting a small one, because i don't have the energy for a huge one like we used to do. Took me over a week to decorate it and it was a lot of work taking it down too.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

I was hoping it wouldn't come up. Now I'm a sinner again :rolleyes: pooh.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As a non-Christian young adult, I loved putting up a tree and decorating it, having it take up a good deal
of my living space which was enhanced by the gentle twinkling multi-colored warm glow it emanated.
Now I can't be bothered, partly because it is too much work and fuss, and for what? Bleh. Christmas was
a big deal in my family of origin, and I do have many fond memories of all those years. We would take a
tour of our neighborhood to see the house decorations, and sometimes go into Toronto to see all the
major department store window displays. Yes, Christmas has really become commercialized, but it is still
about family, and friends, and the sharing of good times together which includes the exchanging of gifts.
At the heart of it all is the Love of God as shown through Jesus Christ.

There is no taking Christ out of Christmas .:D. People try to, but... they fail.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You cant grow them in your backyard? Are their laws against growing trees?

I have an olive tree but so far only one decoration on it. I suppose I can do a popcorn chain or something for the birds to eat.