church, family, doubt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

countrychick

I have but the church i want to go to my parents wont go. They wont go to methodist or baptist and thats basically all we have were i live

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My home life aint all that bad but i only have one friend that will take me to church and i aint goin back to that church and my family aint helpin they sit home talkin bout how were goin go to one church but never do. I want to go to church again but im not sure anymore. But thanks yall
The longer that you stay away from church, the easier it is to justify staying away. It may take few times of doing this, but I've seen it work several times. Find a church that you would like to attend. Get dressed early, then ask your parents to take you there or go with you to see if it is the church that you want to attend. Try it. It could work for you.

RockinMan2010

Nov 17, 2009
well you have the right to go to any christian/baptist church you want

Sep 10, 2013
I have but the church i want to go to my parents wont go. They wont go to methodist or baptist and thats basically all we have were i live
I should have asked this earlier: what means to be "singled out in certain groups"? You said that the reason you and your family stopped going to church was because the church has "singled out certain groups and if you weren't part of it, you were nothing".
I waited for people here to pick on that one so I can make an idea, but...:D I still don't understand what it means. Also, keep in mind that I'm Romanian and I have no idea of what is happening (domestically) in an American church.

Which of the two churches did you and your family used to go: the Baptist or the Methodist one? Did no one from the church tried to talk to your family? To see what was going on, what were the reasons you were no longer attempting the church?

C

countrychick

They had certain people who would be the leader of the church and the rest could be there or not they didnt care at all about anyone but in those groups and we went to a church of God neither of those