Church of Christ.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I can't remember the guys name but he branched of from the CoC and stsrted his own church which is the United Churches of Christ. This is not the mainstream church that oldhermit and I are members of. It is best to clarify what church you're referring to and not clump them together. The "original" CoC does NOT deny Jesus is God and we have no authoritative headquarters.

S

Shiloah

I can't remember the guys name but he branched of from the CoC and stsrted his own church which is the United Churches of Christ. This is not the mainstream church that oldhermit and I are members of. It is best to clarify what church you're referring to and not clump them together. The "original" CoC does NOT deny Jesus is God and we have no authoritative headquarters.
This so often happens with denominations. People break off and then create doctrines that are different from the original and yet they still go by the same name. Then they give the original denomination a bad name with their bogus beliefs.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
This so often happens with denominations. People break off and then create doctrines that are different from the original and yet they still go by the same name. Then they give the original denomination a bad name with their bogus beliefs.
There's actually several branches of the CoC. I am part of the mainstream church. The OP has been incredibly misinformed, and needs to study more before he goes off on a tangent. Hopefully oldhermit, myself and a few other CoCers here can help him understand.

This is also one reason why I have stopped bashing other churches. It is hurtful, and not educational. when you start off saying a church is wrong then people will automatically get their defenses up. That isn't the Godly way to go about it.

A

ABMF

I am not taking a stand on this issue but we are to warn of false doctrine especially for the sake of babes in Christ.

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
(Rom 16:17)

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
(2Jn 1:9)
At this point IF the link is wrong, And no one has proven Yes or No, then I'm going to go with what the link claims as the link was posted by a member assumed member of that organization,(The link claims to be Chruch of Christ) originally and not researched and found by me. That link for me, simply added to the fuel of the false doctrines and teachings of the Church of Christ, that would have seemed to earn the label of cult.

A

ABMF

There's actually several branches of the CoC. I am part of the mainstream church. The OP has been incredibly misinformed, and needs to study more before he goes off on a tangent. Hopefully oldhermit, myself and a few other CoCers here can help him understand.

This is also one reason why I have stopped bashing other churches. It is hurtful, and not educational. when you start off saying a church is wrong then people will automatically get their defenses up. That isn't the Godly way to go about it.
Okay, then if the original post does not apply to you then you need not be offended. Let it apply to whom it is meant for. You pointing out its an offshoot of the Church of Christ (and it is assumed they were split soon from their beginnings over worship with musical instruments versus not. and this is just another split) Then simply identify yourself as COC that does not believe that but there are some that do. Or maybe COC should name themselves OCOC Original Church of Christ. No matter how many hairs split in the growth from the fallen head, its still wrong in so many other points that its...wrong.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Okay, then if the original post does not apply to you then you need not be offended. Let it apply to whom it is meant for. You pointing out its an offshoot of the Church of Christ (and it is assumed they were split soon from their beginnings over worship with musical instruments versus not. and this is just another split) Then simply identify yourself as COC that does not believe that but there are some that do. Or maybe COC should name themselves OCOC Original Church of Christ. No matter how many hairs split in the growth from the fallen head, its still wrong in so many other points that its...wrong.
I am not able to view your link, but I am looking up INC, and some Felix Manalo guy... I can see your problem with this. Looks to me that Felix was a self proclaimed prophet, and this could very well be called a cult.

Some of the beliefs are similiar, but not exact. It seems this group has taken "original" views and taken them to extremes. Wow.
I am guessing Manala was orignially a member of the Church of Christ, and pride got in his way so he "branched off" and pretty well created his own copycat religion.

A

ABMF

I am not able to view your link, but I am looking up INC, and some Felix Manalo guy... I can see your problem with this. Looks to me that Felix was a self proclaimed prophet, and this could very well be called a cult.

Some of the beliefs are similiar, but not exact. It seems this group has taken "original" views and taken them to extremes. Wow.
I am guessing Manala was orignially a member of the Church of Christ, and pride got in his way so he "branched off" and pretty well created his own copycat religion.
The original Church of Christ, although starting with good intentions, is not guiltless. Their doctrines and teachings are fruitful ground for worse deceptions to spring up. Their stand of Salvation, Sin, Worship of God, ect. are at best miscalculations.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
The original Church of Christ, although starting with good intentions, is not guiltless. Their doctrines and teachings are fruitful ground for worse deceptions to spring up. Their stand of Salvation, Sin, Worship of God, ect. are at best miscalculations.
Can you give examples? Maybe we can discuss this rationally.
Also, what type of belief are you? I know you are Christian, but exactly what type of congregation do you attend?

A

ABMF

Can you give examples? Maybe we can discuss this rationally.
Also, what type of belief are you? I know you are Christian, but exactly what type of congregation do you attend?
Certainly, rational discussion is preferable. I attend a small house church. I am a born again Spirit filled believer who loves the Lord.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When the Holy Spirit entered into me, much learning came also. Now, why the Holy Spirit did not direct me to a specific denomination used to make me wonder, until it became obvious to me all who love Yeshua, Jesus, as God, Lord and Savior are my family forever. I am free to fellowship with all who claim the Blood of God's little Lamb.

It is counterproductive to constantly bash denominations, especially if the Holy Spirit does not lead one to oppose it. I love the family in Yeshua, Jesus. To deny any member of the Body of Christ simply because I do not agree with what may be called modern rabbinical teaching is contrary to the teaching of Yeshua. If their teaching is so bad, Christ's is simpler stating, if they weigh heavy burdens on you they will not lift a finger to move themselves, do as they say for theirs is the greater punishment. I believe that teaching applies here strongly. If not, the law of love does.

Stop looking for splinters and get some eyewash.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
At this point IF the link is wrong, And no one has proven Yes or No, then I'm going to go with what the link claims as the link was posted by a member assumed member of that organization,(The link claims to be Chruch of Christ) originally and not researched and found by me. That link for me, simply added to the fuel of the false doctrines and teachings of the Church of Christ, that would have seemed to earn the label of cult.
I am not sure why this is a reply to my post. In my post I said I am not taking a stand on this issue. Maybe you replied to the wrong post?