Clarity please!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

answers

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see what everyone's view is with my thought.

Thought: God gives us wisdom to guide us, through him, in our walk of life, right? So, we are suppose to "give it" to God, and/or come to God for direction in life, but how are we suppose to live intentionally and not disregard our already given wisdom?

I think about this mainly because of being a mom. When I teach my children, I expect them to have gained the knowledge and put it to use. I can't imagine them coming to me over and over for the same knowledge. (Not that I am God, but I hope you get the point.)
Thanks!

A

answers

Has anyone thought about this or am I freak?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not sure I understand your question...but, yes, we need to be told the same thing over and over before it sinks in :) .

There are strongholds in our minds that need repeated bombardment before they fall.

I've needed to tell my children the same thing several times; and sometimes it doesn't sink in at all :( .

I've noticed that although I've read the whole Bible I still need to reread it...many times I see something in a passage that I never noticed before.

Sorry, this may not be what you were referring to :)

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
How are we suppose to live intentionally and not disregard our already given wisdom?
I think the answer is in the question: by not disregarding it. But I totally get your point and there are times when we do that. I think the line is between not disregarding it and depending only on it.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
I am not sure I understand the question. God gives us wisdom little by little through study of the Word, wisdom from other believers, life circumstances, etc. Layer by layer we become more wise.

Mar 18, 2011
God does grant wisdom, but He also loves being our daddy. Some people feel they don't want to bother God with the little things. In this day and age we spend too much time doing our own thing and not enough connecting with our Heavenly Father. Communicate with Him in all things. Loving Him and sharing your laughter. When we have trials and need wisdom, we should simply tell Him whats going on and trust that He is or has already given us the wisdom that we need and if we still haven't figured it out we tell Him that we need a clearer answer and that we will wait patiently for it. Then if after you wait patiently for an answer and you don't get one, that is when you dismiss your thoughts on the subject and leave it with Him. Give Him all of the options on how to deal with it and if in that instance you already have the wisdom to know the answer , praise God He gave you that as well. I hope that answered your question.