Closet of Secrets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

I am currently reading a book about SECRETS. How many of us had
to keep secrets because our parent said, "you can't tell," or "mate did
not allow you to tell something about your past." How did you react to
it? Did you find it eventually had to come out?

For instance in my situation, my Mother made me keep quiet about my
father not being my biological father. It wasn't like I was going to tell
the whole world. But, it was a secret I had to keep.

Another that I was not allowed to tell, I ran off and married when I was
teen-ager. My husband would not allow me to talk about it. He adopted
my daughter as his own, it was then I was allowed to tell the couple who
had to be his character witness before a judge, I had been married before.
( 3 months ) . Wow.

How have you dealt with keeping secret or secrets? Do you find sometimes
it begins to come up inside you ? Did you share and get set free ? It does
help once we are able to let these things hidden in our closet of secrets, out.

W

wanderer

Keeping secrets creates loneliness. It's a long hard lesson I am still learning. Like the peeling off old paint, layer after layer. But It's worth the relieve it brings.

J

J-Kay

Keeping secrets creates loneliness. It's a long hard lesson I am still learning. Like the peeling off old paint, layer after layer. But It's worth the relieve it brings.
I never thought of it that way. You are right. It feels like
being locked up in a dark room. We don't dare turn on the light,
someone might see us differently. But, as you said peeling layer
upon layer hurts. I just went through that over the week-end.
I shared a part of my life with 6 friends. 3 I heard back from
were positive.
I did not get a response from 3. I regretted the exposure because
I now think they think negatively and think I am a horrid person.
Why did I do it ? I have no idea. But I sure do regret it.
So, now the feeling like I should not have tried sharing why two
things happened, I regret it. But, so be it ~ What is done is done.
I need the Lord to help me through this pain ~

L

letti

I think we all keep secrets for different reasons.I have kept secrets ,to avoid hurting other people I love.Lies are never good but secrets are a little different at times.I keep things to myself to respect confidentiality, or not be a drag to others,and burden them.I do have my own book of painful secrets but God is healing me.

J

J-Kay

I think we all keep secrets for different reasons.I have kept secrets ,to avoid hurting other people I love.Lies are never good but secrets are a little different at times.I keep things to myself to respect confidentiality, or not be a drag to others,and burden them.I do have my own book of painful secrets but God is healing me.
Lettie, there are secrets and then there are secrets. I understand where you
are coming from. And for good reasons. Secrets told to you by another... now
that is truly an honorable thing to do and makes you loyal to the person sharing
with you.
I too, have secrets I simply can't tell anyone, that go so far back... and some
not so far back. I don't believe in lying. It will catch up with us, won't it ? So,
I believe if it is going to hurt someone who does not know the secret, it should
not be told to that person. ( for various reasons ). What about a friend who is
having an affair ? She doesn't know you know it. Should you keep that secret
to yourself and pray she comes out of it by Gods grace ? He can do that, you know.
Or how about a friends husband having affair and you know it to be the honest
truth, should that be kept secret from her ? Oh the many things we face in life.
Secrets are truly difficult to deal with. Yet there are situations we must keep
it that way, don't you think ? Only God can direct us. God bless you.

L

letti

Lettie, there are secrets and then there are secrets. I understand where you
are coming from. And for good reasons. Secrets told to you by another... now
that is truly an honorable thing to do and makes you loyal to the person sharing
with you.
I too, have secrets I simply can't tell anyone, that go so far back... and some
not so far back. I don't believe in lying. It will catch up with us, won't it ? So,
I believe if it is going to hurt someone who does not know the secret, it should
not be told to that person. ( for various reasons ). What about a friend who is
having an affair ? She doesn't know you know it. Should you keep that secret
to yourself and pray she comes out of it by Gods grace ? He can do that, you know.
Or how about a friends husband having affair and you know it to be the honest
truth, should that be kept secret from her ? Oh the many things we face in life.
Secrets are truly difficult to deal with. Yet there are situations we must keep
it that way, don't you think ? Only God can direct us. God bless you.
I agree with you some secrets should be kept some pose no harm,and then other times we need to seek God in it a with prayer and discernment seeking.Sometimes for others best interest safety issues etc....then it becomes a totally different matter.

L

letti

I have had to expose things before to protect other people.The secrets would have done more harm to keep them to myself.Sometimes, I had to weigh the consequences of keeping, a secret that could harm others, and putting them at risk.

W

wanderer

J-Kay. It's the secrets that we want to get rid of once for all. Sometimes for reasons known only to ourselves, we purposely hang on to it, not willing to let go. Hogs love to waddle in mud. (not calling anyone a hog..:eek:.. just an example) We become complacent about the situation and just let live for a while.

Handling secrets about others is an option. Keeping our own dark secrets is not. It is potent. After all peeling's done, a fresh coat of paint will make everything fresh and nice. Hope I am making sense of all these.

J

J-Kay

I have had to expose things before to protect other people.The secrets would have done more harm to keep them to myself.Sometimes, I had to weigh the consequences of keeping, a secret that could harm others, and putting them at risk.
** Lettie, I do understand what you mean. I believe being silent about something
that is harmful to others, absolutely it is right to expose it. God bless you for responding
to the topic. I appreciate you ~

J

J-Kay

**Wanderer: I thank you for your expressing your thoughts.
Thanks so much ~

L

letti

K-kay,your OP,is a great topic,all I am trying to say my friend is this.Secrets,although it is a honorable thing to keep them in confidence,I have been told and asked at times to keep confidence about things that, I had a moral obligation to expose.I't has hurt me really bad at times to have had to tattle tale on anybody.Just stating, how I have struggled in relation to the topic of secret keeping.

L

letti

K-kay,your OP,is a great topic,all I am trying to say my friend is this.Secrets,although it is a honorable thing to keep them in confidence,I have been told and asked at times to keep confidence about things that, I had a moral obligation to expose.I't has hurt me really bad at times to have had to tattle tale on anybody.Just stating, how I have struggled in relation to the topic of secret keeping.
LOL,sorry (J-kay) I have a hard time typing sometimes.

W

wanderer

J-Kay: My pleasure. I do sense the sincerity of Letti. That's good. There are so many other important issues posted in CC. It's quite mind boglling trying to follow them. Sometimes, I do get carried away, hopping and drifting around. It'll be good to have a small gathering of people with similar aspirations and needs. We can share our thoughts, discuss in deep and help each other get through the long tough journey. 'Closets of secrets' is a good topic. There will be crossing of swords along the way. But it's ok if done in good faith. Over to you, J-Kay

J

J-Kay

Letti, I understand what you are saying. I knew you were speaking
of a situation that had importance to it. God bless you for your faithfulness.

J

J-Kay

J-Kay: My pleasure. I do sense the sincerity of Letti. That's good. There are so many other important issues posted in CC. It's quite mind boglling trying to follow them. Sometimes, I do get carried away, hopping and drifting around. It'll be good to have a small gathering of people with similar aspirations and needs. We can share our thoughts, discuss in deep and help each other get through the long tough journey. 'Closets of secrets' is a good topic. There will be crossing of swords along the way. But it's ok if done in good faith. Over to you, J-Kay
It would be really wonderful if a we could all be open and honest, wouldn't it Wanderer?
But, we have times we have to keep things to ourselves. I am certain there are many
on CC who have something they prefer not to divulge. So, Closet of Secrets, will always
stay closed in many lives of those we have not met. Some things we just take to the Lord
and keep our line of communication open to Him.
BTW. When I made my comment to you that was one line, I got a phone call just as
I was beginning to respond to you. So I had to log off CC. God bless and yes our paths
will cross. Sometimes I too, wander. ~ J-Kay