Co-Equal and Co-Eternal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 22, 2015
Co-Equal:

John 14:28
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Mark 13:32
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

John 12:49
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Mark 12:28-29
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Co-Eternal:

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son.....

1 John 4:9
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

F

flob

the Father is greater than I.
But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men

nor the Son, but only the Father.
Who was made a little inferior to the angels because of the suffering of death

the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
Hear O Israel, Jehovah is our God, Jehovah is one

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one
I and the Father are one.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation
The Word became flesh

God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son
Eternal Father

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
Having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but likened to the Son of God

Jul 22, 2015
"I and my Father are one"

John 17:20
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

See what happens when you let the Bible interpret itself? :)

F

flob

Yes. The Father contains the Son and the Son contains the Father.
They (and Their Spirit) constitute one Being.

Hear O Israel, Jehovah is our God, Jehovah is one

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Funny, how some people don't have the word 'both' in their thinking.

S

sparkman

I would suggest that if anyone has questions on the Trinity doctrine, that they read Forgotten Trinity by James White. The questions regarding the Trinity and the FULL deity of Jesus Christ are covered very well in the book.

This is a constant topic of discussion here, largely because some deny the doctrine of the Trinity, and many of them seem to be Hebrew Roots people lately.

F

flob

'both' yes.
I c that person got banned.
is that cuz they're a heretic, modalist?
Or not a Christian?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Forgotten Trinity by James White...
Read this book a while ago, and a good read it was to!

For those interested you might want to have a look at This short study that deals with this subject...

Yahweh Shalom