Cockroaches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
how big was the roach? was it like this? cockroach.jpg

apparently they're all the rage as pets. Hissing Roaches!!!

G

Grey

I think I'll pass on that craze.

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
Definitely! I don't want any multilegged anything crawling on my face

T

Tintin

As far as cockroaches go, those are pretty friendly-looking. The cockroaches in Australia are ugleeeeee!

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
What's their purpose?

Seriously, these are the most disgusting creatures God has probably created. I have a huge phobia towards bugs, I nearly had a heart attack last night when a black cockroach passed by my legs in the kitchen. I ran out to the living room and started screaming and wheezing for like 30 seconds, seriously, I could have dropped dead there.

And guess what? We never found it again.. I had to buy traps and my sister set it around the kitchen floor. I'm still terrified to enter the kitchen and I'm being paranoid whether there is a cockroach crawling somewhere (or a spider or anything).

My brother has arachnophobia and general bug phobia as well. I'm very sorry you are going through this. Do you like lizards? I mean the tiny ones that scurry about...they're really common here in Florida - my solution to our cockroach problem is to let these little lizards into the house. They eat baby cockroaches.

:D the only downside to having them in the house is they eventually die and dry up and I find them under my bed......cockroaches must live under there -shudder-

T

Tintin

Do you like lizards? I mean the tiny ones that scurry about...they're really common here in Florida - my solution to our cockroach problem is to let these little lizards into the house. They eat baby cockroaches.
Do you mean skinks or geckos?

T

twill

Someone please explain to me the purpose of mosquitoes.
Male mosquitoes don't drink blood. They are nectar drinkers and therefore probably pollinators.

T

twill

Honestly I don't understand people's fears of spiders and snakes (with the exceptions of locations known to have multitudes of dangerous kinds). I think most snakes are beautiful, water moccasins being the exception. Roaches I can understand. They crawl on you in the middle of the night, you wake up, panic, do a funny little dance (unless you have fabulous ninja skills and knock the little devil across the room with such force he's still lying there dead in the morning…) and lose him somewhere behind your bed, waiting to strike you again another night…

T

Tintin

Male mosquitoes don't drink blood. They are nectar drinkers and therefore probably pollinators.
Ah, so the females are to blame? Got it! :p

Twill, we have a lot of dangerous spiders and snakes in Australia. But don't let that stop you (and other CC'ers) from visiting. :) Even for those species that aren't poisonous, people's fears of them probably has something to do with their speed and movement patterns, their unpredictability and their looks. They don't exactly scream CUDDLY!

Last edited by a moderator:

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Also, there is no rabies in Australia! The virus does not exist on the continent. So if you visit, leave your pet rabid bats at home.

T

twill

Ah, so the females are to blame? Got it! :p

Twill, we have a lot of dangerous spiders and snakes in Australia. But don't let that stop you (and other CC'ers) from visiting. :) Even for those species that aren't poisonous, people's fears of them probably has something to do with their speed and movement patterns, their unpredictability and their looks. They don't exactly scream CUDDLY!
I dunno… I've seen some pretty cute spiders.

Dont judge me.

Oct 31, 2011
Cockroaches are gross but I don't find them scary. I'm not a fan of spiders though and we have heaps of them in Australia (many of them being poisonous). Someone please explain to me the purpose of mosquitoes.
OK, kill the cockroaches and the mosquitoes. I'll look the other way if you take after a rattlesnake. But just don't even think about harming my lady bugs, daddy long legs, and garden snakes. Even if you wear glasses, I'll protect them.

T

Tintin

Ladybirds are great, I'm not keen on daddy long legs but I do trap them in a plastic container, put paper underneath and then put them in the garden. Garden snakes, I'm not familiar with.

D

danschance

If I find a nest of bugs anywhere on my property, I declare war. When we first moved in we had a stephen king ant infestation. I committed an epic bug holocaust that Hitler might of been proud of. To this day, I never see any ants here. I assume the word got out that this is hostile bug territory.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Aren't cockroaches actually aliens?