College Bible Study: Need Some Input

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

River_W

Hi all!

I'm in need of a little advice, if you please.

At my school, there is a noticeable lack of Christ on campus. A group of friends and I finally created a Bible study group that is recognized by the university, and managed to find some more Christians on campus who were looking for fellowship. The student who largely led the group graduated last Spring, and now I've stepped in her place as a leader! While I'm honored to fulfill this duty, I'm so nervous! She could speak and motivate so well, and I'm soft-spoken and I don't quite have as much confidence as she does.

What do young adults look for when they want a confident and competent leader? Nearly all my friends would agree that my introverted personality is actually a strong part of me because it shows wisdom and composure. However, I'm afraid that I could make Bible study boring because the dynamic of my leading would be quite different than the past leaders. What should I do?

If anybody is involved in a Bible study on campus, what are some things that you find interesting? I know each school and group of people in the study is different, but is there anything that you particularly enjoyed discussing that you would recommend? While my Bible study typically studies one of the books of the Bible from beginning to end, we like to break the schedule sometimes and do something different.

Also, I go to an all women university, just in case that changes anything.

Thank you to anyone who can help me out a bit!

A

Aqua_Girl09

my pastor is more of a soft spoken guy. he tends to give lessons so when he wants us to hear some one preach and inspire he gets a fellow pastor to come in and preach. hes son speaks often at our church and is really good at it. ask around and see if some people are up for giving lesson. make sure you do a good job of seeing where their faith lies though because you don't want someone coming in and hearding your sheep in the wrong direction.