College...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mysterymark

Not sure where, but I feel that God is leading me to go to a Christian college... I have had this whole plan for myself for a long time, but I feel God is directing me elsewhere. Do you guys know of any good Christian college's with IT programs????

B

BackFlipForward

Hey! Umm I kind of wanted to go to APU. I'm not going for a few years, but I'll get there. I hear that the teachers there pray for you before class starts! How cool is that?! I'm really excited about getting there! Haha. Here's the site: Academics - Azusa Pacific University
Not sure if they have an IT program - i don't really know what that is haha - but you can check for yourself. In that link there's a title thingy called programs and the degree you want to get. And you can probably figure it out from there. anyways, I hope this helped even a little bit, but if it didn't, well I'll pray that you find a good college. Alrighty then. God bless, man!

M

Mysterymark

Hey! Umm I kind of wanted to go to APU. I'm not going for a few years, but I'll get there. I hear that the teachers there pray for you before class starts! How cool is that?! I'm really excited about getting there! Haha. Here's the site: Academics - Azusa Pacific University
Not sure if they have an IT program - i don't really know what that is haha - but you can check for yourself. In that link there's a title thingy called programs and the degree you want to get. And you can probably figure it out from there. anyways, I hope this helped even a little bit, but if it didn't, well I'll pray that you find a good college. Alrighty then. God bless, man!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out :). And when I say IT program, I mean do they offer degrees in the computer field :p.

God bless you too :)

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I hear they have a great college program

P

Psalm2713

I would recommend Oral Roberts University in Tulsa Oklahoma....two of my friends went there...they love it.... a great Christian Environment good for growth...

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
I remember at the beginning of this school year, when our school counselors started talking to the senior class about college and what we were going to do. While most of my class knew what they wanted to do, and half knew where they were going, I hadn't figured out much yet. I knew what I would like to do, but it wasn't practical, so when I asked I decided on a Christian University about an hour away.

Since then I've changed my mind on it, then went back to that plan, and now I've changed it again. It's interesting how what we plan doesn't always end up happening.
My final change in plans came when my pastor put an option in front of me I hadn't really been considering: Bible college. I believe that's what I'm doing now..but just saying what we think we want to do isn't always what we end up doing.

E

ed_6

seattle pacific university

Feb 24, 2011
Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL. It's definitely up there on the list of christian colleges, probably one of the best. And the campus is BEAUTIFUL!

A

Alli84

I know I'm not a "young adult," BUT I have two older siblings, one who goes to a Christian college and one who is a senior in high school. Last weekend we went up to Seattle pacific, which I absolutely loved. Probably more than my brother, haha. And George Fox is also a really nice place, it feels a whole lot less urban, if that is what you are looking for.

P

Psalm2713

and I have a fried who will be going to Covenant College... I heard it's a good school... :)

Jan 18, 2011
Not sure where, but I feel that God is leading me to go to a Christian college... I have had this whole plan for myself for a long time, but I feel God is directing me elsewhere. Do you guys know of any good Christian college's with IT programs????
You shouldn't exclude secular schools from consideration. If your interest is in computers, then your goal for school should be to get the best education you can about computers (which don't really have anything at all to do with the faith). Secular schools have lots of Christian students you can make friends with, as well as Christian clubs and organizations, and there's nothing to prevent you from living a Christian life there if that's what you want to do. Try for a degree in computer science or engineering.

P

Psalm2713

If you want a place where people are on fire for God... like most people including in the surrounding area love God .. I would say ORU( Oral Roberts University)... for ORU I would trade my places at MIT and Stanford ..
However if you consider a secular college.... I would say Stanford.. that is where I will be going .. so you will have a Christian there.. at least .. though I am sure there will be more.. :).. lol

R

Rissa77

You shouldn't exclude secular schools from consideration. If your interest is in computers, then your goal for school should be to get the best education you can about computers (which don't really have anything at all to do with the faith). Secular schools have lots of Christian students you can make friends with, as well as Christian clubs and organizations, and there's nothing to prevent you from living a Christian life there if that's what you want to do. Try for a degree in computer science or engineering.
I second this. I went to ministry school for two years after high school, and when I was looking for colleges around finishing, I was looking at Christian colleges mostly. But there was no peace about any of them. I ended up going to a community college back closer to home (ministry school had been over 3 hours away). Looking back, I can't be more grateful for how God brought me into that school. The very first few people I met were Christians and turned out to become my closest friends. I'm making a wedding cake for one of them in a week :D And God brings ministry opportunities to me on campus.

One of my pastors put it this way: You can't be a very bright light in a room that's already lit. My community college is very dark. It needs some light. The few Christians there become super bright lights and draw attention to Christ.

Though I believe that Christians schools have their dark areas, and they can be rehabilitation ground and safe place for some Christians and necessary witnessing areas, most of us are called to secular schools and shouldn't shun the idea. You never know where God may want you to go. I had shunned the idea before, but thankfully listened to God's direction. After another year at the CC, I'll be heading to one of the most liberal schools in the state.. but hey, God called me to be a light, and a light I shall be.