Come now, and let us reason together.............

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

phil112

Who knows what this means in Isaiah 1:18?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
just what it says --

'be reaonable. let's talk this out'

R

Richie_2uk

For everyone to be reasonable, they must learn the true meaning of it, Which sorry to say, that's were people lack the ability.
However, for real reasoning? Focus on God, he will show you true reason.

Dec 12, 2013
This is a statement between God and His people, even though theirs sins were scarlet, God would wash then to be white as snow. Just like two parties would (talk things out) face to face, God would meet with His people and (discuss) what ever topic that God chooses to discuss.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
The foundation of the reasoning is not human intelligence or rationality, it is the word of God. God is challenging his people to reason from a revealed epistemology rather than an epistemology that is rooted in human experience.

P

parablepete

The foundation of the reasoning is not human intelligence or rationality, it is the word of God. God is challenging his people to reason from a revealed epistemology rather than an epistemology that is rooted in human experience.
Brother....I had to look this up on the web. My little dictionary, just didn't supply it. Using words like this, may cause us to take a vote like they did Justin Bebier and have you shipped to Harvard.:eek:

A little education won't hurt me at all.

P

phil112

Epistemology isn't an unreasonable explanation, but it seems to be somewhat simpler. It is God that is saying "let us reason together" Reason together:
3198 OT ... Hebrewa primitive root; to be right
We know God wouldn't concede His position, which is what we might normally think when someone says this. Let us reason together..come now let's talk this out and come to understanding, perhaps a compromise. That is "reasonable" to most of us, isn't it?

To paraphrase, without doing harm to the scripture, "Come now, be reasonable and listen to Me. Let us be right together."
God isn't saying that His position is subject to change. If you give some, He isn't going to. We have to come and see the right way...His way. That is only reasonable.

After all, that is exactly what Paul told us, isn't it?

Romans 12:1
.........I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
The way God has set before us is the way He wants us to take. It isn't negotiable. He has bent over backwards for us. He sent His son to die that all men might have hope of salvation. His plan was in place before time began. He is alpha and omega.
We are here today, not in spite of ourselves, but because this is the time He chose for us to live. This is our time. This era is when we should excel. He wouldn't put us here if we would have been better in another time. I am glad to be here. Have I done all I can? No. But He is a merciful God and He gives me another day. We have to accept His purpose without question, resolve to obey Him. He would never harm us. We are to be joint heirs with Christ. He will chastize us, but that is what a loving father does.

Let us reason together...present our bodies a living sacrifice unto God. That is our reasonable service. Too many people refuse to accept what He has for us, and how He brought it to us. Too many want to see how close they can get to the edge of the cliff.
A story with a moral for you:
A stagecoach company needed to hire a new driver for one of their routes. The manager performing the interviews asked the three best candidates to come in for a final interview. In the final interview he told each man that part of the route they would be driving comes rather close to the top of a very high cliff. His question to each driver was this; how close could you drive to the edge of the cliff?The first driver said “I could keep the coach within a couple feet of the edge.” The second driver said “I could keep the coach within a foot of the edge.” The third driver said “I’d keep the coach as far from the edge of that cliff as possible.”
You’re the manager, which driver would you hire?
Does God want you to work for Him?

L

LClark

God lays the charges he brings against Israel before them. He is saying, let's look at the evidence and judge together. Accepting God's charges, i.e. admitting and repenting of sin, leads to cleansing.

Oct 31, 2011
Thanks!! I had that scripture interpreted wrong. CC is great, so are you.