Comfort zone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Thenewme

I grew up going to church until I was about 10 years old. I never really learnt to much because of my immaturity level. I went threw life constantly struggling. I kept having God try to make his way into my life but I didn't make any of the moves he was asking me to make. I'm 29 now and the last 10 years have really taken a role on my life I. Almost every way. Recently the last year I e really had issues staying strong and started turning to the wrong things to escape me from reality. God started calling me even harder and all I could think about was God and how I need to change for him and live with God guiding my life. In the last couple months I've lost my a lot including the house I was renting.
At work, my foreman heard about everything I was going thru and his wife (who works there as well) prayed for me and offered me a free place to call home and be my safe place. I've never left my comfort zone cause I'm scared of change. But I feel this is God telling me to go move in with them and fix myself and focus on God. But at the same time I feel it's running away from my problems and at 29 years old now I need to do things for my self and have my own space.

Can I get some opinions on this ? Thanks tor the help. God bless

MiaH

Banned
May 14, 2015
Yes, personally, I believe as Christians we should step out of our comfort-zone. Just like stepping out of the boat, and walking on water. Faith is the key!

The Christian life is never a dull moment! We can do all things through Christ who strengthen us. Philippians 4:13

It is one of the reason why I stepped out of my comfort zone and traveled to Japan to study.I asked myself, what is stopping me, write a list (brain storm), pray over this list/brainstorm.... and realised... I didn't wanna go because I was afraid... it meant, I had to get out my comfort-zone :(

Church is the locker-room. The real game, is when we step out of the (comfort-zone) locker-room and play for God!

MiaH

Banned
May 14, 2015
I grew up going to church until I was about 10 years old. I never really learnt to much because of my immaturity level. I went threw life constantly struggling. I kept having God try to make his way into my life but I didn't make any of the moves he was asking me to make. I'm 29 now and the last 10 years have really taken a role on my life I. Almost every way. Recently the last year I e really had issues staying strong and started turning to the wrong things to escape me from reality. God started calling me even harder and all I could think about was God and how I need to change for him and live with God guiding my life. In the last couple months I've lost my a lot including the house I was renting.
At work, my foreman heard about everything I was going thru and his wife (who works there as well) prayed for me and offered me a free place to call home and be my safe place. I've never left my comfort zone cause I'm scared of change. But I feel this is God telling me to go move in with them and fix myself and focus on God. But at the same time I feel it's running away from my problems and at 29 years old now I need to do things for my self and have my own space.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Do you have peace about it? If not, ask God why? Mediate on His word.

Running away from your problems, probably a bad idea, they will only chase after you. Repentance is the also the key.

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015

Stepping out of your comfort zone is tough. But....once you do, it can change someone's life. Just keep making those decision. When Peter walked on the water, I'm pretty sure he wasn't like, "YES, LET'S DO THIS." I probably wouldn't. I'd be more like, "Uhh....Jesus? Yeah, you. You see that water? Yeah, I don't know if you understand but if I try walking on the water, I'll just sink. Let's rethink this." Instead, he saw his goal. He saw Jesus. And he still got out, probably thinking, "This is completely trusting in Jesus right now and even though I'm petrified, I'll go to Him." When you get out of the boat, Jesus is there to catch you. Same thing with your comfort zone, when you get out of it, Jesus is there going to catch you. Peter even fell, and Jesus still brought him up. You can still get scared while stepping out, and it will never stop from Jesus catching you.

But once you remain in your comfort zone, you're not going to see great things happen. When Peter stepped out of the boat, out of his comfort zone, he saw Jesus' faithfulness to him when Jesus brought him up from the water. He wouldn't have experienced it if he remained in the boat.

You got this and I am excited to hear all about these great things God is going to do while you step out for His kingdom!

T

Thenewme

Stepping out of your comfort zone is tough. But....once you do, it can change someone's life. Just keep making those decision. When Peter walked on the water, I'm pretty sure he wasn't like, "YES, LET'S DO THIS." I probably wouldn't. I'd be more like, "Uhh....Jesus? Yeah, you. You see that water? Yeah, I don't know if you understand but if I try walking on the water, I'll just sink. Let's rethink this." Instead, he saw his goal. He saw Jesus. And he still got out, probably thinking, "This is completely trusting in Jesus right now and even though I'm petrified, I'll go to Him." When you get out of the boat, Jesus is there to catch you. Same thing with your comfort zone, when you get out of it, Jesus is there going to catch you. Peter even fell, and Jesus still brought him up. You can still get scared while stepping out, and it will never stop from Jesus catching you.

But once you remain in your comfort zone, you're not going to see great things happen. When Peter stepped out of the boat, out of his comfort zone, he saw Jesus' faithfulness to him when Jesus brought him up from the water. He wouldn't have experienced it if he remained in the boat.

You got this and I am excited to hear all about these great things God is going to do while you step out for His kingdom!

Well the offer I was given was to move into this house to catch up on my bills pay of debts and focus on God. The family that invited me in are Christian and the first Christians I have come into contact with since deciding to follow God instead of my own path.
I just feel like I'm starting over and at almost 30 seems embarrassing. I'm scared but also feel this is God way of helping me get closer with him. Like I lost everything for a reason. And he has a solution and a plan and I feel this must be the plan.

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
Well the offer I was given was to move into this house to catch up on my bills pay of debts and focus on God. The family that invited me in are Christian and the first Christians I have come into contact with since deciding to follow God instead of my own path.
I just feel like I'm starting over and at almost 30 seems embarrassing. I'm scared but also feel this is God way of helping me get closer with him. Like I lost everything for a reason. And he has a solution and a plan and I feel this must be the plan.
Yeah, it's okay accept help. I'm going through some stuff for the past few months, and I approached one of my bosses and just said, "Look, this is happening and I don't know how to deal with it. I need all the help I can get." It's a humbling experience, because I know I don't have it altogether. It doesn't matter what age you are. You never stop growing, ever. The body of Christ is here to pick you up and to build you. When we don't reach out, we aren't fulfilling our call of being the body of Christ.

I'm really liking your attitude, honestly. It seems like you are taking steps to get help.

I'lll be praying, friend.

Are you thinking of moving into the house?

T

Thenewme

Yes I'm planning on moving into the house. I have a really good feeling about it and for the first time in my life I'm listening to the small voice instead of my own thoughts. If it had nothing to do with me feeling like God is bringing me there I would run away and run from all my problems like I normally do but I'm going out of my comfort zone and trying something new. Starting tomorrow I'm going to church every Sunday and once I'm moved in just focusing on my relationship with God. Finding out who I am and getting an idea of who Christ wants me to be and follow his path. It's just scary leaving all my bills behind that I can't afford and not having my parents here and being on my own since I was 14 this is like the first time I'll have a safe place. A place to call home and get help from very nice people that believe in God and teach me and help me. It's exciting but scary

T

Thenewme

My parents are alive but just in different places. Moms in British Columbia and my dad, well he's not really a good father.. But I only need one father and he will guide me to success and happiness for once

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
But I feel this is God telling me to go move in with them and fix myself and focus on God. But at the same time I feel it's running away from my problems and at 29 years old now I need to do things for my self and have my own space.

You have the answer when you first posted. Your spirit felt God telling you to do this. Do it - and don't question. Or you will lose the direction.

Everything is for a season, and how wonderful it is that you have a place to rest in while your soul is being restored, and you are regaining a relationship with Christ. He will then direct you to do the next "right thing".

God bless you.

I

ImperfectlyForgiven

Hey TheNewme,

Seems like you are finally listening to God by getting out of your comfort zone and heading towards the plans He has for your life. That is very good good, so keep doing what is right, because God wants what is best for you. He wants you to face the problems you have in your life, and not to escape them, because escape never solves anything in life. He is willing to work at it with you, and fix you to become a complete and whole person. You will not be doing this alone, but through His strength, and with the help of others, such as the friends He has placed in your life. The Christian life is not about doing things alone, so don't try to walk life alone. Otherwise, you will fall into the enemy's trap, and He will destroy, and kill you faster without the help of others. God keeps calling you to turn back to Him, but each time you ignore His call, the worse you will become, and greater the consequences you will encounter. It is not too late to turn back to God, and to listen to His ways. God has a good plan for you, so trust in His goodness and love for you. In Jeremiah 29:11, it says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I went threw life constantly struggling... I'm 29 now and the last 10 years have really taken a role on my life I. Almost every way. Recently the last year I e really had issues staying strong and started turning to the wrong things to escape me from reality... In the last couple months I've lost my a lot including the house I was renting.

Sounds like you've already been thrown out of your comfort zone, which was really never very comfortable in the first place :). This is an opportunity to get a fresh start and turn in another direction. Don't forget to take God along, there's no satisfaction in life without Him in the center of things. Your not running away from your problems, your trying to get a handle on them, and running to God is a good first step. Be appreciative of your friends, their compassion is inspiring and rare even among Christians these days, I mean, who does that? I think its a great opportunity that could be a positive change for you, so take advantage of the offer, but just don't exploit their generosity forever. Lots of luck

davidtriune

Jul 8, 2013
I'm scared but also feel this is God way of helping me get closer with him. Like I lost everything for a reason.

I totally thought this at first glance. Hope you have fun at this new place, learning and growing in the light of Jesus!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
When I was saved, I was 26, (not far from your age!). I gave up my former lifestyle and started over. And that is Biblical!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Cor. 5:17

You are new, and a new beginning with this family sounds like exactly the right thing to do. I pray you will seek God on your knees and that he will guide you and lead you as far as making this decision to radically change.