Common sense for singles and the like

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Weeel, I was just theenking throo my greenest of brains, again, and, trust me, kiddies, you never want to do this at home :D , and, thought of something from Smudge's intelligent thread, pun intended, OUCH! , see, it's like walking on pins and needles, but different, with my 1000 shades of green sponginess up there, so.....
My question is about improving a person's morale of something that was said in one of their posts, with 'wisdom' that can help them to understand a bigger picture. LiamsON gave me greens that idearOUCH! So, why'er don't ya all'er read througher somerOUCH! the past threads and see IF you can't point something outr there can helper out that'r thererOUCH! Ouch! person realize God is er working out their there life purrrrrfecouch! Ly-ly-ly ouch!ouch!ouch!
________()________
. I go to a deadbeat community college(there, everyone thinks they're a failure- its thick in the atmosphere), and though I get As and Bs- they aren't rewarding because I feel like I got the dumbed down version of the cookie.
Okee, smudgemuffins, you said that you feel like you gittin' a dumbed down cookie from.A's and B's from a community college, which my greens did not git the lingo gisters completely of, muffinmilady, but it t'wer creative if I t'must sayouch! and, anyway, others say this, too, it'er nothing new wisdom too ya, perhaps, but, community college , I feel, is a great locale to git your basics out of the way fur.a couple spells of yearly time and then transfer to a 4-year school because you do need that degree unless God says different, let Him lead . :)
College is reeeeal expensive these days and debt is something God leads us through but you want to be mighty weery of er too, milady :)
Agin, the Lord leads you through this vapor trail-ality called 'life' so don't do tooo much theer unintelligent thinking of yeerself, God's got ya a veery real plans for ya. Realz, I tell ya !

Note: this here is for unsmudged, for she is in her life and, you, IF in a 4-year college now are right where you are and faithfulness to God will make'ers yer plans th there good toooo God leads, God provides, God shows, God disciplines we all, just follow His lead, accept His provision ('manna' is enough!), embrace His showings, understand His corrections :)

D

djness

Why do you keep saying ouch? Why do you keep saying green in the middle of sentences?

Is there a translated version of your posts somewhere on the internet?......:confused:

At least with Ritter or Liamson I can look up a word I don't know.

Last edited:
V

violakat

Dj,

I think he's saying go reread what she wrote, and give some advice and encouragement either here or in the other thread.

G

GreenNnice

Why do you keep saying ouch? Why do you keep saying green in the middle of sentences?

Is there a translated version of your posts somewhere on the internet?......:confused:

At least with Ritter or Liamson I can look up a word I don't know.
Find a thread, , see some way you can makes someone z life more understandable and provide something of a morale nature to help Them understand God's blessing them in ways unseen, deej :)

S

Smudge

Awww!! I had no idea this was up. I got the heart of the message so thank you. I've got morale issues like a lot of us and sometimes it can really get me down. But just so you know, what you've said is really uplifting and encouraging. I still have self confidence issues but all of the things you people have said, mainly on the thread I posted in, has honestly made me identify these issues as I'm feeling them and recognizing them for what they are so that I can counteract them better.

I really appreciate the effort you made in telling others about my struggles so that they could offer their advice. I will continue reading them. :3

G

GreenNnice

Dj,

I think he's saying go reread what she wrote, and give some advice and encouragement either here or in the other thread.
Anyone, vvkat, go read a thread and IF you see something that God strikes a chord with ya, section out the pertinent part of the quote and then come back here and do what I did to.try and let smudgless (and ALL community college young ones) know that she's right on God's track where she's at in life, guaranteed. God's got us right where He wants us IF we want to be blessed there, the choice is ours to embrace His way for us or go our own way, which the latter is doable but not God's plan so the blueprint gets hard to read at that point and can really build us a life that might as well be like a house built in sand.

Awww!! I had no idea this was up. I got the heart of the message so thank you. I've got morale issues like a lot of us and sometimes it can really get me down. But just so you know, what you've said is really uplifting and encouraging. I still have self confidence issues but all of the things you people have said, mainly on the thread I posted in, has honestly made me identify these issues as I'm feeling them and recognizing them for what they are so that I can counteract them better.

I really appreciate the effort you made in telling others about my struggles so that they could offer their advice. I will continue reading them. :3
Yes, I was being rather daffy in my OP, smudgeless, but, yes, just something that tugs on heartstrings, young people thinking that their in a dead-end world , with being at c.c. insted to a 4-year and that is just where God has ya. Your following Him is all you need to do, He will lead you greatly in your time at a c.c., embrace it and, guaranteed, God will use that time to prepare you for 'great' things in the future to glorify Him, and, that will bring you from glory to glory, one good thing after another. Goodness, I think I've said enough ;)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Well, Smudge (I like your screen-name :)), I have something to tell you that may or may not be encouraging:

I went to community college.

*The crowd gasps* (murmerings of "I knew there was something wrong with that girl" can be faintly heard) :p

Anyway.....I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot, my professors were great, and I paid my own way as I went. Com. Col. isn't exactly considered "prestigious", but it's a good spring-board to whatever you want to get into (many ccs' offer guaranteed enrollment at universities they have partnered with, as long as you maintain a minimum GPA).

Don't worry about getting the "dumbed-down version of the cookie". College is what you make of it; if you're paying attention in your classes and making good grades, then you're LIGHT-YEARS ahead of someone who's throwing away a prestigious education by slacking.

Do your best, try your hardest, and when it comes time to take the next step in your life, you'll be ready and prepared :). And, just so you'll know....the very fact that you're concerned about getting the most possible from your college experience proves that you are one smart cookie ;).

V

violakat

Hey, don't be dissin the community college, Snackers. I went to one.

And Snacker's write in campaign, might be for my friends partner, Otto the Squirrel. If that is the case, then please vote for Otto.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
^^YES, vote for Otto, not Snackers. Snackers is nothing but trouble. Unless they're running on the same ticket, in which case you shouldn't vote for the duo....no matter how good Otto is, Snackers will cancel him out! :eek:

I just messin' about the whole com. col. thing. I loved it! Glad that you're a fellow CC'er AND a fellow CC'er! :p

V

violakat

Um, I'm not sure the world could handle Otto and Snackers. Maybe we better check their ticket ballet.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
^^^^Exactly my concern, but as far as I can tell, Snackers is campaigning as a write-in........it's hard to thwart a write-in candidate. You don't know where they stand, until it's too late! Heaven help us..........

S

Smudge

I don't mean to be saying "Oh community college... I'm so dumb." My particular school has a 30% graduation rate(I didn't know this when I enrolled) and most of my teachers are not the best teachers in the world. The classes are easy, you only really need to show up and do the homework and you'll get through. I'd transfer but this is my last semester and I feel like I'm already committed. Also I started off in a private 4-year school with amazing teachers whom I adored(Had to leave due to financial reasons)

And Green- you did it again. Not once have I considered that it was God's will for me to be in this school. That he wanted me here. I always imagined I was here because I failed(even though I techically didn't), or that I wasn't good enough for my old school. I think for me, I feel treasured by God alone and I'm not good enough for the rest of the world... which is part of why I pursue him. Probably doesn't make sense. If the creator of the world thinks you're worth dying for then why is a nice college too good for you? I dunno maybe the Devil's been whispering too many lies in my ears.

Now I have even more things to think about... haha!

G

GreenNnice

I don't mean to be saying "Oh community college... I'm so dumb." My particular school has a 30% graduation rate(I didn't know this when I enrolled) and most of my teachers are not the best teachers in the world. The classes are easy, you only really need to show up and do the homework and you'll get through. I'd transfer but this is my last semester and I feel like I'm already committed. Also I started off in a private 4-year school with amazing teachers whom I adored(Had to leave due to financial reasons)

And Green- you did it again. Not once have I considered that it was God's will for me to be in this school. That he wanted me here. I always imagined I was here because I failed(even though I techically didn't), or that I wasn't good enough for my old school. I think for me, I feel treasured by God alone and I'm not good enough for the rest of the world... which is part of why I pursue him. Probably doesn't make sense. If the creator of the world thinks you're worth dying for then why is a nice college too good for you? I dunno maybe the Devil's been whispering too many lies in my ears.

Now I have even more things to think about... haha!
First off, Nichole, I saw no dissing at all in your post, it was 'classy.' :)

========

Smudglet, yes, you are His, right, therefore, you, milady, are in His will doing things if you're treasuring Him through all the lustreless stuff the other guy whom we won't call by name has fathered you with LIES. The Lord leads through that 'snake's' deeds, we are to follow Him , even as the snake, OK, you said him so I will, too, the Devil , tries to get you to act on the lies, like Eve, like Adam, DID, which becomes sin, which Satan (not God) convicts us with guilt and we can either choose to hold onto it or remember we are Christ's, crucified with Him, and, in Him can live no sin, so that flesh MUST go . And, by your asking in prayer for God's power in you, guess what, smudgesundae? That sin will bounce off you like Teflon, it cannot cling.

Now, to your school, finish off this last semester by, first, praying for guidance, pray for His Word to teach you something to springboard off onto something new.
Get involved with a club, maybe, or, I don't know what classes you're taking but become vocal in class, if nothing else. Challenge yourself , even if there is no challenge . This kind of thinking goes over well for job interviews too, and, admittance apps questionaires to 4-years :)

Yeah, you're a smart young lady, like julieannie's said I've read, and, Nichole said something too above that said you know enough to be concerned with things, or, something like that, I type on a mytouch4G so yeah, umm , just keep on your road contentedly, smudgeless,, even, joyfully. Yes, it is good to.do this way for so many reasons, including, most important, believing in His way for you to perfectly be following Him. :)

A

ashjuin

NEWS FLASH SMUDGE GOD DON'T CARE WERE U WENT TO SCHOOL!!!!!

U are over thinking every thing and makeing yourself to doubt what u know. God don't care about the school, he care about what u do with what u have learned and how it helps other people. Only people worry about the school, we are ALL bad about wanting the best in life. So u just finsh your collage and let God take u where u need to be. U are only 20 years old , U have a whole life in front of u, yes u will make mistakes but that is a part of learning what God wants for your life.
God Bless.