Compassion versus Condemnation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
As believers, we have been saved by the Grace of God. Any thoughts on why we are still so quick to condemn rather than to show compassion?

B

blueorchidjd

Cells. . .

J

ji

As believers, we have been saved by the Grace of God. Any thoughts on why we are still so quick to condemn rather than to show compassion?
Those who condemn are in need of compassion.(actually i am looking forward to getting banned from CC because i don't feel i deserve compassion.i wish i could just fast forward time to know if i will reach Heaven or not)
Saved by Grace of God,means moving forward in Grace of God.So if anyone has to condemn,then it must be God.But if He doesn't,then we have to silently continue by being compassionate to others,and suggest where we can,to Hope for better changes in our own lives,even though i sometimes feel i hate my own life on earth.When God gives Grace we have to be thankful..no matter what.We can add nor subtract from it.
-From an undeserved wretch(me).

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just my thoughts........so............

I don't believe one who truly understands that they are saved by Grace will quickly condemn others. Reason being is they have come to understand how undeserving they are of the Salvation they have received. How undeserving they are of God's love and forgiveness. Those who condemn others "quickly" may well be in need of Grace bountiful............and some quality time on bended knee in earnest prayer.

May 3, 2013
Well! just MY opinion... I´m not saved yet!

Hope it be soon and, when it happens, I would not have a chance to tell you, like this: Luk_16:24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.'.

Luk_16:25 But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Pride. I believe that nearly every, if not every, sin and condemning action and ungodly action can be boiled down to this simple word. Yet, though simply said, it is such a complex sinful thing that it hides itself within us in the most insidious ways. I believe that we on here that argue for the sake of arguing, mock for the sake of mocking, condemn and judge and hate and spew words of vileness on here do so due to the pride within us. Just my thoughts...

Dec 12, 2013
Just my thoughts........so............

I don't believe one who truly understands that they are saved by Grace will quickly condemn others. Reason being is they have come to understand how undeserving they are of the Salvation they have received. How undeserving they are of God's love and forgiveness. Those who condemn others "quickly" may well be in need of Grace bountiful............and some quality time on bended knee in earnest prayer.
Or spiritual maturity is a growth process and in a lot of case (Christians) are stunted in their growth due to a lack of a steady biblical diet of the word of God, and just as little children throw temper tantrums and are immature in their decision making process.......

Dec 12, 2013
Misty, It seems that it could be a number of reasons such as....

1. They are lost
2. They are saved, but have yet to fully understand the extension of grace and mercy
3. They are saved and are immature in their walk with Christ due to a lack of biblical truth in their lives which could be the result of numerous things such as--->they don't listen, the preacher does not feed them the word, they don't study etc.
4. They yield to the flesh over the spirit in a moment of weakness
5. They are like all human beings who fail daily in some form or fashion.
6. They get defensive and angry and begin to point the finger

Just to name a few......

Jan 6, 2014
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

No Christian should condemn anyone, lest they face the same condemnation. Like 6:37
Jesus did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3:17

Those who call themselves christian while condemning others are not of Christ, but are of the evil one who accuses and condemns.

Some use scripture to justify their condemning of others saying I do not condemn but God condemns. They are merely quoting God, not condemning but quoting God's condemnation. They are self deceived into believing they are serving God by condemning others with their interpretation of the bible.

As Christians we are called to proclaim the gospel 'good news', we are called to warn everyone to repent and believe the gospel.
If they refuse our message we are to move on praying for their repentance, the Holy Spirit himself convicts the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgement. It is not the job of Christians to condemn the world, but we are called to lay down our lives following our Lord for the salvation of the world.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" Jesus Christ circa 30ad

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

No Christian should condemn anyone, lest they face the same condemnation. Like 6:37
Jesus did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3:17

Those who call themselves christian while condemning others are not of Christ, but are of the evil one who accuses and condemns.

Some use scripture to justify their condemning of others saying I do not condemn but God condemns. They are merely quoting God, not condemning but quoting God's condemnation. They are self deceived into believing they are serving God by condemning others with their interpretation of the bible.

As Christians we are called to proclaim the gospel 'good news', we are called to warn everyone to repent and believe the gospel.
If they refuse our message we are to move on praying for their repentance, the Holy Spirit himself convicts the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgement. It is not the job of Christians to condemn the world, but we are called to lay down our lives following our Lord for the salvation of the world.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" Jesus Christ circa 30ad
Absolutely correct. I don't mean that everyone who has ever spoken a hasty word in judgment is evil. But when we use our words to destroy or wound, we are being an advocate for the enemy.

I Peter 3:8 "Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude."

N

NightRevan

Fear seems to me to be the answer much of the time. So much of the Church seems so afraid of this or that sin, or this or that group, they seem to believe if they can just beat it into some form of submission, of cleanse their part of the Church from any visible hint of it, then God will bless them, their church or their nation etc . Like the Pharisees who were obsessed with enforcing a certain kind of holiness in Israel believing it would bring in God's Kingdom to world, so a similar spirit can happen here.

It is nearly (and sometimes not so nearly) idolatrous in a way, people can become so focused on sin, and working out all the minutiae about it, and so focused on destroying any hint of it, they make the fear it their god and idol and don't look to Jesus, they don't worship and rejoice in Him. Like the Older brother in the Prodigal Son parable, they stand outside the feast by their own choice, and in all this they don't live in the freedom and liberty that God wishes them to live, living a life of faith working through love, and of righteousness out of love for Jesus and By His Spirit, but instead remained bound and trapped by pride, fear and hate.

Perfect love casts out fear, and many of these need our compassion and prayers to return to the feast God has for them, and wants them to enjoy.

S

st_sebastian

Fear seems to me to be the answer much of the time. So much of the Church seems so afraid of this or that sin, or this or that group, they seem to believe if they can just beat it into some form of submission, of cleanse their part of the Church from any visible hint of it, then God will bless them, their church or their nation etc . Like the Pharisees who were obsessed with enforcing a certain kind of holiness in Israel believing it would bring in God's Kingdom to world, so a similar spirit can happen here.
This is put better than I would have been able to type it.

When Jesus said, if you're not for me, then you're against me, I think a lot of people turn this around. If you're not against me in this particular way, then you're for me. If you actually do hate certain groups, you're for me. If you don't drink, you're for me. I've seen people get the strangest passes - so what if you have major sin in your life? You strongly condemn ______, so you're one of us.

When I was a kid, I was very comfortable with myself, not really proud, but comfortable, because I wasn't sleeping around like all my friends. I didn't drink or do drugs. I didn't condemn them - I was fascinated - but it was a very comfortable place to be. They did not seem so bad (so they wouldn't fare poorly), so I could do no worse than they.

Partially, though, I think it's because it's fun to fight. When my hackles are raised and I get my teeth into something, that's the end of compassion.

Mar 21, 2011
Most of the people on CC who think they are righteous will be judged quite severely by God. Because Jesus said by what measure you judge, then you shall be judged the same way.

So the ones here who hate on homosexuals, who lie and say bad things about Liberals and Moslems which aren't true. Who lie and say Obama is a Moslem. Who rejoice when unarmed children are gunned down by cowards, simply because that child is black.

Those people Jesus will be judged harshly and Jesus may even say "I don't know you".

The best anyone can do to guard against this is to make sure what you say is the truth, or else it is a lie. Do not be quick to bring judgement on perceived sinners, knowing that this is God's role, and he may apply similar harsh judgement to all your sins.

Jesus taught many times that the so called righteous may be last in the kingdom of heaven, and truly repentant sinners will be first.

Being a paid up member of the corrupt Republican party does not give you a free pass in heaven.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Pride. I believe that nearly every, if not every, sin and condemning action and ungodly action can be boiled down to this simple word. Yet, though simply said, it is such a complex sinful thing that it hides itself within us in the most insidious ways. I believe that we on here that argue for the sake of arguing, mock for the sake of mocking, condemn and judge and hate and spew words of vileness on here do so due to the pride within us. Just my thoughts...
Ahem, that's why I'm so proud I don't condemn...:p

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Part of the reason for condemnation of others is 'The Defenders of Truth Complex', that is, ''if you come along with a deviation from truth then I feel obligated to defend it at all costs...even if you get condemned in the process.''

This type of thinking takes matters in one's own hands instead of comitting it to the Lord.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Most of the people on CC who think they are righteous will be judged quite severely by God. Because Jesus said by what measure you judge, then you shall be judged the same way.

So the ones here who hate on homosexuals, who lie and say bad things about Liberals and Moslems which aren't true. Who lie and say Obama is a Moslem. Who rejoice when unarmed children are gunned down by cowards, simply because that child is black.

Those people Jesus will be judged harshly and Jesus may even say "I don't know you".

The best anyone can do to guard against this is to make sure what you say is the truth, or else it is a lie. Do not be quick to bring judgement on perceived sinners, knowing that this is God's role, and he may apply similar harsh judgement to all your sins.

Jesus taught many times that the so called righteous may be last in the kingdom of heaven, and truly repentant sinners will be first.

Being a paid up member of the corrupt Republican party does not give you a free pass in heaven.
So, do you have examples of all these being posted here on CC?

I'm especially interested in seeing where someone "rejoiced" about unarmed children being gunned down...........