Compuer? :o

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Akner39

Okay, so. I have a question. I have a laptop (hat i'm on) that my cousin fixed for me. For some reason, I'm scared or worried that he is watching my computer. There are no signs that he actually is and I also get paranoid about somethings. I feel like he really wouldn't do that and that he wouldnt even have the time to watch it because he has two babies and a wife and hes almost 30. You can never be to sure. Wha do you think?

T

TD14

Okay, so. I have a question. I have a laptop (hat i'm on) that my cousin fixed for me. For some reason, I'm scared or worried that he is watching my computer. There are no signs that he actually is and I also get paranoid about somethings. I feel like he really wouldn't do that and that he wouldnt even have the time to watch it because he has two babies and a wife and hes almost 30. You can never be to sure. Wha do you think?
Well. From what i know and understand it is possible that he could be running some type of program in the background tracking what you do. So it has the means to be possible. Though i doubt he is. I mean what would he want with what you are doing on your own computer? So most likely i would say he isn't. The thing is you should be able to google for your operating system how to get to your list of installed programs. If you see anything with a name that looks odd google the name and it probably will tell you what the program is for.

Another theory i have is this. He may have installed some sort of program that if he would ever have to fix it again, he could do it remotely by simply connecting to your computer from his. I know there are some programs like this that are open source. I would say if it has you that concerned and you aren't sure just ask him. Unless ofcourse it would cause like a crazy freakout or upset within your family. Hope that helps.

Dan

A

Akner39

lol yeah asking wouldn' be a good idea. And He wouldn't fix my computer through his. He would rather take it to his house or something to work on it.

T

TD14

lol. Sounds like if i were to ask my brother if he put something on mine. He would go on and on about me being a paranoid crazy person. Honestly if he would rather fix it at his place i doubt he has any type of software on there to track stuff. That being said can't hurt to be curious. It's better to have pondered something and questioned it then to not and have the suspicious thing blow up in your face. Least that's the theory i live by. lol.

Dan

A

Akner39

makes sense. lol thnk u :]

jangel

May 12, 2010
I am not totally a computer geek, but I already tried fixing computer remotely. Yes, we're using a certain software to do that but I doubt your cousin is doing that. But if you really have worries, securing your network and have a firewall installed in it will do.:)

ashlaa

May 19, 2010
that would be well creepy.

V

vagabond

He is!!! I caught him red-handed. :D

el

Dec 6, 2006
Lol vagabond...thats an interseting creepy pic.. and Akner39 I dont know much about computers either but installing a firewall sounds a good solution...

V

vagabond

Lol vagabond...thats an interseting creepy pic.. and Akner39 I dont know much about computers either but installing a firewall sounds a good solution...
Thanks El. :D Akner39 forgive me for being sarcastic. I think you should relax cause if there isn't any proof as you say there isn't, then there is no reason to worry. ;)

D

DanuckInUSA

What would you have to hide?

D

DanuckInUSA

To my point actually. Your conduct I am sure is beyond reproach. The only time that there would be an issue of confidentiality in this would be in which there is something you might want hidden.