Confessions of my conscience.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

@atwhatcost - didn't you feel abandoned? I'd hear how god knows all and controls all... honestly I don't know how many times I have sworn at God. If he can do whatever, then why was he such a bystander... what did I ever do (or other innocent people) that offended him..... Im a bit better with this and others have commented on this in this thread.... but when things are down and I am battling not to cut, I find this an outrageous betrayal,... so much so that the suggestion that I should forgive is horrible.... even though I know in my brain its for my own good.
What happened to me was different from what happened to you. It was a small house. (Eight years later, hubby and I moved into that section and I put some pieces together that, had I known that night, I would have reported it. They told me what town we were in, but I didn't believe them, because outside of the house was a field followed by a lot of woods. I knew the town. It didn't have woods. So how do I tell cops I was raped in a house in the woods in a town without woods? How do I tell them I had my rapists drive me home because I was so lost and beaten -- emotionally -- I didn't care? That's why I never told. Who would believe this story? But I didn't know that part of town, until we rented in there. And I actually figured out the guys who raped me worked for my landlady, because she hired druggies and drunks to "fix up" her rental units. The house wasn't vacant except for painting supplies and furniture covered up by tarps. They picked me up after a beer-run and were meeting a dealer in that house for pot later on. The pieces fit. I just didn't know it all that night.) I escaped from their clutches often enough, but we were on the second floor (little did I realize in the dark how small those houses were or I would have jumped out the window. They were vacation cottages from the early 1900s, never meant for full time use. Almost like dollhouses.) They never let me near the stairs to run away.

I only had one prayer for God that night. "Lord, give me a way to kill myself."

He didn't listen, but I really couldn't get mad at him for not listening to that prayer.

But I have been that angry with God later in life. I became disabled, but hubby was working. Much less money with just one income, but we were doing okay. I got mad at God when my chronic pain first hit. Mad because he didn't fix it, and madder because I saw a bunch of doctors to try to figure out the cause to fix it, and none of them did. They ignored the full story so they were trying to fix one part of my body, but the cause of the pain was on the other side of it. I got mad at God, but once I was given the tools to deal with the pain (including pain pills), I got over it.

But then hubby got sick. And the chemo hid other medical problems he was having and then caused physical problems to the extent he couldn't work. Sure, one disabled person in a family was fine, but why would God have both of us disabled? And why him? I was mad at God for making me disabled. I kind of got over it. But then I was FURIOUS when he made hubby disabled. (Furious? Doesn't really cut the anger, does it? It's bigger than that, but there is no word that tells the extent, right?)

2-3 years later, God gave me nothing on the Why. I couldn't deny him. Just couldn't. Too obviously real to deny, so I figured I had to get over it.

Somehow, (and I honestly don't know how since by that time it really was just him and me isolated), God got me to learn about this book. It's by Steve Estes and Joni Earicksen Tada. She's in her 60's now, but when she was 17, she was already a believer. She and her friends went swimming. She dove in and emerged a quadriplegic. She asked the obvious question -- Why me, God? Steve Estes was her friend. Together they spent the next six months finding out the answer. There is one and it's not the "God works in mysterious ways" junk, nor the "God didn't do this" escape hatch. The book came out of that and more.

At the beginning of the book it says to not read it if you're angry with God. Well, frankly, I wasn't going to get unangry with him on my own. And I really couldn't give up on him being there, since he is. So I read it. Now I know why he keeps doing these things to me. I could tell you, but honestly, it sounds so stupid when I do and it sounds like placating. It's not. The book is When God Weeps. If you can't get it, PM me. I'll help you there.

It answers the big question. It dissolves the anger because it finally told me what God's big plan for me is. (I'm still disabled, so it's not like I've done anything grand or noble either.)

Apr 8, 2015
@atwhatcost - ugh - your story - its heart breaking. Your strength and endurance is so inspiring. Theres so much I should say in response to what you wrote but you leave me speechless and I need time to read and re-read and re-read again what you've written... so I am sorry that my reply to you is a little pitfiful but I can tell u I am taking what you wrote deep inside me.

Apr 8, 2015
@ Pilkington - I really love what you wrote. I appreciate you (and others here too) writing about the love of god - you can probably guess that at times God hasnt exactly been my favourite person and must surely be a patient God to put up with some of the abuse I have thrown His way. Theres so much I dont get despite explanations coming thick and fast - how one family can have a beautiful life and another suffering endless misery for no reason of their own. I am hoping atwhatcost and Kaylagrl are right and this will ultimately lead me to something very positive - possibly it already has - I am enrolled in advanced classes and if my marks are high enough I will be eligible to apply to compress my last two years of school into one. Then I want to go to university and be a human rights lawyer and work for women that suffer - maybe this is gods grand plan for me - I'll see I guess.... i dont imagine he'll go - here ya go Zoii... this is for you to make up for everything.... unfortunately this is still up to me to do the hard work.

Anyway the way you all have written to me has been very touching - I can be such an angry ant when I write and this has made me want to be as gentle as possible in everything I say - thanks so much
Hugs
Zoii

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
This video is good for why God wouldn't stop evil acts... please watch it to the end. The end is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1B2NukcMYM

Justice is done in two ways in Christianity.... 1. Either the sinner will pay for his/her sins in hell or 2. The better, more humbling to us, and loving decision of accepting Jesus Christ's suffering and death on the cross as payment for our sins. God dying on the cross... imagine that... GOD dying on the cross is a big enough payment for paying for all our sins. Someone will pay for that sin Zoii... it'll be either him or Jesus.

I'll try to give you my take on the issue, maybe another time.... It's late and there's a lot to say about all this. However, Ravi does a great job. God Bless Zoii... much love Zoii, I hope you feel better okay

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Thank you zoii,

Although I am not around much and will probably be around less due to a Uni course and the juggling act I will be performing as a wife, mother and part time carer for my husband, Be assured I will be praying for you. I am praying that God will continue to heal you and that the following passage is true for you Ephesians 3:[SUP]14 [/SUP]For this reason I kneel before the Father, [SUP]15 [/SUP]from whom every family[SUP][a][/SUP] in heaven and on earth derives its name. [SUP]16 [/SUP]I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, [SUP]17 [/SUP]so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, [SUP]18 [/SUP]may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, [SUP]19 [/SUP]and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.[SUP]20 [/SUP]Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, [SUP]21 [/SUP]to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

There is still loads I don't get and in human terms it doesn't feel fair as you put it one family can have a beautiful life and another suffering endless misery for no apparent reason. This has been an issue for all time and is raised in the Bible if you have the time have a read of Psalm 73 if possible a modern translation like the NLT. I personally believe the only reason we feel this way is because we know it shouldn't be this way and wouldn't be but for our rebellion against God. I am certain of God's love and his justice and although we can not understand things now and probably not this side of heaven we will understand eventually. There is an amazing promise in Revelation 7 that God will wipe away every tear.

I am certain atwhatcost and Kaylargl are right this will eventually lead to something very positive, I can see the way God has worked in your life already, I have been truly blessed by a number of your posts on a number of threads. You are kind and gentle but also have the most amazing strength. I will be praying that you get the marks that you need and that God gives you the desires of your heart to go to university and train to be a human rights lawyer and work with women who are suffering.

zoii

Banned
Apr 8, 2015
I know in this thread i wrote all about me... when u struggle n u start to cut, thats how it is... me me me... but i always knew how hard my suffering hit mum n dad... they had already lost a child n now they had what must have been (and still can be) an endless nightmare for them. For months after my bros death n then my assault i was too scared to be left alone... i found it hard sleeping in my own bed. And I knew it was unbearable for mum n dad ... id often hear mum sobbing softly at night. It sort of added another pressure for me... i cant harm myself, coz my parents r suffering... but worrying for them, my constant flashbacks, sick of feeling scared, n just feeling so dirty n ashamed. ... its like a pressure n cutting is the relief.... its so hard to describe but ana freaks n cutters get it.

My grandmother isnt well n has being doing some pretty frank talks with me. Its awful to hear how what u do affects those closest to you. My nanna has cried so much for me.. my ODs n cutting has not been just my own misery. The irony is for me cutting is .. WAS.. and alternative.. better than using a rope... i know my thoughts arent a great thing for a christian site, but 4 those in my situation, i want to share how your actions ripple out through your friends n family.

Im pretty far from OK... but im looking forward n not back... this is good thing ☺

Apr 15, 2014
Praying for peace and God's supernatural comfort for you, Zoii - dearest.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Zoii, I am so sorry it must be so unbelievable hard for yourself primarily and your family. I just wish I could take your pain away and be assured I am praying for you.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I am so sorry to hear this happened to you Zoii. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. I will continue to lift you up to the Lord for spiritual healing and comfort. God bless you.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I know in this thread i wrote all about me... when u struggle n u start to cut, thats how it is... me me me... but i always knew how hard my suffering hit mum n dad... they had already lost a child n now they had what must have been (and still can be) an endless nightmare for them. For months after my bros death n then my assault i was too scared to be left alone... i found it hard sleeping in my own bed. And I knew it was unbearable for mum n dad ... id often hear mum sobbing softly at night. It sort of added another pressure for me... i cant harm myself, coz my parents r suffering... but worrying for them, my constant flashbacks, sick of feeling scared, n just feeling so dirty n ashamed. ... its like a pressure n cutting is the relief.... its so hard to describe but ana freaks n cutters get it.

My grandmother isnt well n has being doing some pretty frank talks with me. Its awful to hear how what u do affects those closest to you. My nanna has cried so much for me.. my ODs n cutting has not been just my own misery. The irony is for me cutting is .. WAS.. and alternative.. better than using a rope... i know my thoughts arent a great thing for a christian site, but 4 those in my situation, i want to share how your actions ripple out through your friends n family.

Im pretty far from OK... but im looking forward n not back... this is good thing ☺
And this shows the girl you are at heart... God bless you for seeing and respecting your family's pain as well. A lot of people in your position would be tunnel-visioned on their own pain and not see the big picture.

Ah, but you have the Spirit of God in you and you're not a lot of people :)