confused...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bereal

I'm at a point in my life where I feel I have no direction. I don't know where I'm headed and what's out there for me. Sometimes I don't know what lies ahead for me and it stresses me out so badly sometimes. I have a job (cashiering) and I'm taking some free classes just to brush up on general skills. I want to have a family someday and my own living situation, etc., but it just seems so impossible right now. Even finding a better job is so difficult. I feel my life is wasting away even though I'm so young (26). I have my boyfriend who is supportive and is doing all he can right now to make a life for us. We need prayer, comfort and some sort of guidance. I just don't know what to do or feel sometimes and it gets me angry.

Sorry in advance as I know this is sort of choppy and generalized. Thank you for reading

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Put it all in the Lords hands and trust him totally and he will direct your path, dont worry trust the lord
God bless you

B

bereal

Thank you so much for your words :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and for all direction and needs in Jesus Christ is Lord.
My fave scripture when feeling this way...
Be still, and know that I am God.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

Aug 29, 2012
Our society has conditioned us with all of this artificial expectations. Materialism we do not need. Yeah, it is convenient to have a computer but you could always use one at many of the libraries or schools. And our lives are rift with such examples! I understand your frustration, I have been there for three years now. What am I to do? A solid job evades me because my degree became worthless in this economy. I no longer have a place to live, my car is broken, now no job, health is its lips at the moment. Yeah, lots of challenges.

But, you can do the same as me. If God has not shown you a direction then dig in and make the best of what you have. Free classes are great! Every skill you acquire, God can use to help you out. Get involved in your church, attend, work in youth ministries! Join a Bible study, even if it is just with your boyfriend. Hold your testimony (keep boyfriend as such or marry him, no inbetween!). Stay as far from debt as you can (unlike me!).

You life can be fulfilling and valuable not only to you but to all around you, if you will be all you can be for God. Remember our forefathers in the faith lived on and had almost nothing, yet turned the world upside down for Christ! Not because it was easy but because it was what they could do - in just living their lives a day at a time for Christ at a time when you were not guaranteed a next day.....

B

bereal

Thank you chip, pickels and damombomb for your responses! I feel glad I can come here and share my situation and receive so much support and understanding. I feel really welcomed here and I no longer feel alone with these thoughts and concerns. Thank you for your prayers and for taking me in :) You are in my prayers as well.

W

wwjd_kilden

I can relate to the feeling, I am 28 and am just getting my first "real" job, after quitting two different lines of study in (Norways equivalent to) high school before eventually finishing the third one.

Remember that God can use you just the way you are! And He has (wonderful) plans for you, even if they are difficult to understand or see right now.

P

psychomom

Dear heart, in a way feeling directionless can be better than deciding on a direction that's wrong in the Lord for you. :)
Thank God! He understands us, and is so merciful with us. ♥

I ask that the Lord will show you just where He wants you, and just what He'd like you to do.
Meanwhile, He can always be found, in the Word and in just spending time with Him.
May our gracious Father fill your heart with courage, and the knowledge of Him.
love,
ellie

S

shekaniah

You have come to a great place!
I see Jesus working here all the time!
My heart and prayers go out to you!

Like you said yourself...you are still young.
Don't give up! Keep on praying and keep us posted!
We got to see God answer prayer for wwjd_Kilden.

B

bereal

Thank you all again for the kind words! I will definitely keep you updated with my progress :)

G

GIMGrp

Life can be hard, so I completely understand what you are going through. I have recently lost my home, lost my car and had to let 4 out of six children go and live with the other parent for a while. My husband has lost his job and this month all my monthly income has either stopped or been greatly decreased. Sometimes I feel like giving up and every time I get those feelings I get words of encouragement from somewhere. Trouble doesn't last always and I think God for that. I have recently joined a community of like minded people that want to give out blessings. Maybe you can check it out and find value in them like I have or maybe you won't but here is a link that you could checkout to see if this may help you out, 2010 Blessings - A Private Cash Gifting Community. Our situation may not be the same but a blessing in any form can help. My plaster says sow seeds and with this I am able to do just that so check it out if you would like.

J

Jemuel

hello there bereal. Trust in the Lord. You are blessed. And will always be blessed.

Father in heaven we lift up to you "bereal" . Have your way in her life. There are things that seem to confuse us. The same thing that happens to most of us including me. Show us the light. Show us the way. When situations seem to be confusing, It is an opportunity to TRUST in you. This I pray in Jesus name amen.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I had it my way but never worked. This time I decided to lay it down to HIM. I don't seem to see the light ahead but I learned what it means to TRUST the Lord. When there is nothing left ( power, confidence, hope etc...) , there we learn what TRUSTING IN THE LORD IS. be strong in the Lord. I am with you in prayers

Glory to the risen king

B

bereal

Jemuel, thank you so much for the prayer. I really needed it. I'm going to give all my worries and concerns to the Lord. Admittedly, I was beginning to lose faith and that God wasn't hearing me. I begin to feel really lonely and isolated because I felt no one around me understood or cared about how I was feeling and that I just needed to suck it up and tough it out. I feel so much support here in the few days that I've been a member and I feel it was God that directed me to sign up as I was very hesitant and skeptical at first. This , in itself, has been a blessing and I feel it's the first step in finding my direction.

S

shekaniah

Still praying... :)