CONFUSED.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

krs27

WHY DOES GOD ALLOW PEOPLE TO STRUGGLE??????

W

wwjd_kilden

Maybe for the same reason that parents, although they sometimes want to, cannot lock their children in their room to protect them from the world.
They have to face trials because it is a part of life on this earth. Like a loving parent, God is always there though.

James 1:
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

F

flight316

Wwjd_kilden, great answer.

C

Cari99

I have to say, I would actually love being locked in a room, protected from all these life struggles/worries/sin/ and just plain hard times. It's almost too much.... However, I know God promised not to give us more than we could bear.

B

Brandon777

Job 23:10 But he knows the way that I take.
When he has tried me, I shall come out like gold.

But one should read that whole chapter and book too.

Suffering is a part of the world because evil rose up in created beings. God is only indirectly responsible for suffering, and the part that is responsible for creating suffering is the same part that we should be thankful for because that is the reason sinful beings such as ourselves even exist in the first place--because He decided to create us. Along with having advanced beings, God gave them free reign to be loyal or not. And let's not forget that God is directly responsible for the ultimate cure to the problem of disloyalty to all that is good and pure.

K

krs27

Your answers really gave me an eye opener!!

P

Powemm

I see the eye of God looking at me now in every struggle .. I know He's testing and refining my heart in the midst of it.. Testing and looking at my heart towards Him..
The whisper in my ears are...
1. Are you going to hand this to me? Or try to handle it yourself?
2. What is your confidence in me like- what do you believe "I"
Can do that you can not?
3. Are you going to run to me or to someone or something else?
4. Did I ask you to do this? Or is this a result of running ahead of me?
The Holy Spirit comes in like a flood.. I know God is not done refining and testing my Heart.. May our integrity towards Him never leave us...

O

oracle2world

Struggle is important to become a healthy adult. For example, a baby born after labor is healthier than one by caesarean section. The struggle of birth is that important.

Another story (from my first grade teacher Mrs. Brown, of all people). She grew up on a farm, and when the chickens hatched, some could not make it out of their shells, and they were pulled out of their shell. She said it was not worth doing, if a chick can't struggle out of its shell by itself, it was not going to make it anyway.

I do not believe we are measured when times are good, but when times are hard. Some find a way to make it through against all odds, others fold. Maybe that is God's way of seeing what you are made of. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh. It does however make it easy to figure out who will benefit from the help of others. No matter how down and out a person is, if they will do something to better themselves, and I mean anything, then I think they will benefit from the help of others. Get a haircut, bathe, shave, read a verse of scripture, be positive, keep your room neat and tidy, just anything.

I hope I did not pontificate too much here, but you asked the question. God does not merely allow people to struggle, He insists on it.