Confused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

aeguz

There's been a lot going on with my family, and its affected me in so many ways. I am unsure of my future. I love helping others, but when I need help no ones there. Is this just life of an average teen?

A

AgeofKnowledge

There's not enough information here to give you advice other than to talk it over with your pastor.

There's been a lot going on with my family, and its affected me in so many ways. I am unsure of my future. I love helping others, but when I need help no ones there. Is this just life of an average teen?

Jan 22, 2011
How strong is your faith? I'm asking you this because I know that there is someone there who will always be willing to help you. You just have to believe. I feel the same sometimes too.

K

kenisyes

When my wife was young, God told her: "Don't worry about your future. I am your future."

Actually, if you take that to heart, you won't be an "average" teen anymore. All God's children are special.

B

Buff_Old_Guy

I know being a teen is tough, hold onto God. Be well and pray ok princess

Take it in prayer... wait and keep walking in Gods word nomatter what.

Jeremiah 33:3

3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

Hey there sis, sometimes things can get really tough but that is when we need Jesus the mos (Matthew 11:28-30) he will bestow upon you a peace which surpasses all understanding, that even in chaotic times you have a great peace upon you.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

a thing i have learned is no one can ruin God's will for your life, so don't worry about your family pressing you from every side (Romans 8:31-39), you will stand because God is able to make you stand (Romans 14:4).

God has given us his Holy Spirit by being born again (John 3:3 ) The Holy Spirit is the Comforter who comforts us when we are weak.

John 14
16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I pray things will get balanced sis, don't let the commotion make you faint, lean upon the Rock that is Higher than I, you should check out the book of Psalms

God Bless sis.

God truly loves you, i pray who may know how much he really loves you.
Take a listen' of this!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dMGw3uzEU[/video]

Last edited:
P

psychomom

Dear child,
I am not sure there is such a thing as an 'average teen'.
You are each inestimably precious to God. ♥

That said, being a young person today has to be double tough! :(
I commend you for helping others, little one. ♥
Being uncertain of the future is very common to the young,
and sometimes to us old ladies, too. ;)

But please know that you know that you know
that the Lord Jesus is with you!
Always and forever, there to help you.
You are never, no never, no never alone. (Heb. 13:5)

God has 'loved you with an everlasting love', and has 'drawn you with lovingkindness'. (Jer. 31:3) :)

He has promised that if you call Him, He will answer you. (Jer. 33:3)

And we are here for you, too! :)
I hope and pray you have a church family,
and if you do, I encourage you to seek out an older, Godly woman you can trust,
and go to for help.
And if you don't, we are here, beloved of your Father!! ♥

If you ever want to give more details, that's good.
And if you don't, that's okay, too. :)

We can pray for you, and the Lord knows all about you, and knows everything you need.
He alone knows the inward travails of your sweet heart, and He wants to help you in ways you can't even know about, yet.

Please, let us know if there's ever any way in which we can serve you, little one.
love, love, love from a momma's heart,
ellie

I

Indubitably

psychomom, that was a beautiful response to encourage and offer help and a shoulder in the future. Nothing I can say can add much because you speak my heart as well.

aeguz, you are in my prayers.

M

Matt37777

Anyone who ever told you life was gonna be easy or fair, lied!

There's only 2 people on your side in life for life, that's God, and you (being your own best friend, taking care of yourself, liking yourself)

The world is a hard cruel place. Stay as far away from all major institutions such as; gov, schools, colleges, hospitals, doctors, justice, cops etc and you should be fine. There job in society is to steal your money, hurt you or enslave you. So avoid them at all cost.

Otherwise just learn to be tough an you should be okay. Life can be tough, but if you're tough on yourself then life isn't as hard.

May 25, 2011
That sounds like my life a little bit. Whenever I feel unsure about my future or whenever I need help, I just pray and expect the best. I love helping others and many people don't help me, but I always help because it is the best thing to do. One day, you'll be rewarded for your kindness. :D

A

aeguz

Thanks to everyone who is thinking about my situation right now. I thank God for everything, and that includes the rough times. phychomom, I especially like your response. it made me think a lot of how precious I am to God. I guess I get self doubt moments at times, but I should know that He is always by my side. Thanks to everyone again, and may God bless you all :)

J

Jordache

Being a teenager is difficult for everyone. You don't mention much about what's going on in your family, but I can safely say you are not alone in your feelings. As a teen, I felt very alone. I too loved to help others and felt like no one was around when I needed help. Eventually I stopped looking for help. People are self-absorbed and proud by nature. We often overlook those who need our help. Sometimes, though, teenagers send really mixed signals and people don't read them well. They the independent vibe, "Leave me alone, I can do this on my own!" and they really don't know how to ask for help. And sometimes, the people around them are just too occupied with themselves, and you need to learn where its safe to look for the help you need.