Confusion and Fear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JDecree

Hi guys,

Things are not going well...I don't know what the gospel is anymore. I feel like due to the internet and not being discipled properly or belonging to a local church, I have filled my mind with every doctrine there is. My friend is in the same boat now.

I feel as though I used to have a decent grasp on the scriptures but that has eroded over the past year.

I have searched and searched and prayed and cried out to God every day for the answers but I cant have them. That or I am afraid of the answer. I don't know why I cant KNOW. Do I have that much of a wicked unbelieving heart? At times I feel like I am going to go nuts. Hell is real...I cant find how to escape it.

Now it may sound as though I am hopeless but I do have hope. I don't think this walk has been for nothing, but that is no guarantee that I am His.

I don't usually ask for prayer but I don't know what else to do. Please pray for my friend and I.

Thank you

Oct 12, 2013
Hi guys,

Things are not going well...I don't know what the gospel is anymore. I feel like due to the internet and not being discipled properly or belonging to a local church, I have filled my mind with every doctrine there is. My friend is in the same boat now.

I feel as though I used to have a decent grasp on the scriptures but that has eroded over the past year.

I have searched and searched and prayed and cried out to God every day for the answers but I cant have them. That or I am afraid of the answer. I don't know why I cant KNOW. Do I have that much of a wicked unbelieving heart? At times I feel like I am going to go nuts. Hell is real...I cant find how to escape it.

Now it may sound as though I am hopeless but I do have hope. I don't think this walk has been for nothing, but that is no guarantee that I am His.

I don't usually ask for prayer but I don't know what else to do. Please pray for my friend and I.

Thank you
That is all you can do is cry out to God, you may not get what you want, you will get what you need. Suffering is not bad, it leads one to cry out to God sincerely asking what am I doing that I need to change. Am I resentful, do I get angry, do I hold grudges and on and on and on. Overcoming sin is what we need, not what we think we need.
Thought comes from two sources one from above and one from below. The one from below wants what it wants, the one from above asks God to help them overcome their sins.

X

xAlphaOmega

Praying for you. Dont give up... thats what Satan is calling for you to do. Open up the word and digest all that it has to offer. It is the instruction book of life, and through it God will instill his teachings. He will always give you a way out of doubts and fears concerning His doctrine- so long as you be open minded and diligent in seeking the truth. Praying for you.

R

rustysgirl08

Praying for you. You're not alone.

P

psychomom

2 Cor. 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Rom. 5:6-11
For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.
For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Just a brief synopsis of the Gospel, dear one.
Praying for you and for your friend.

God is faithful...never doubt that. :)

love,
ellie

Y

Yuanyuan

Just want to say, i have the same time often. You are not alone, and i will pray for you

B

Bryancampbell

God who is holy cannot tolerate sin. Because man is sinful, sin separated us from God. This is spiritual death of the soul. But God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. He was sent as a sinless man. Born fully divine and fully human. So that He not only suffer like we suffer to sympathize with our weakness, but that He be the flawless lamb led to the slaughter for your sins. While He was on the cross, He transferred your sins upon Him, and His righteousness was laid on you. So that the Father may forsake Him because of the sin He bore, as He said,"God, God why have you forsaken me?". So that the forgiveness of sin may be established for those who believe in Him. Then He died and was dead for three days, on the third day, He resurrected with a new body and He conquered death once and for all. So that we too can overcome death. He resurrected as the true messiah from God. And ascended to heaven seated at the right hand of God, so that He may intercede on our behalf before the Father. And one day He will come again to judge the world. Resurrection of life will come in the end, for those who believe to everlasting life, and those who don't to everlasting damnation. If you believe this, you believe the gospel. And the sacrifice Jesus provided, was provided for your sins. Making your righteous and just by faith in Him and by who He is.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
When these times come there is one we are called to...
Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, light!
Look to Jesus and in Him, trust all to God Our Father.
For this is the door opened to Him.
And in this faith, that peace that surpasses all understanding is found. :)
For God's understanding is so far above ours, we cannot begin to hold it.
He holds it for us, providing all we need in each moment, each step. :)
Trust all to God, and rest in Jesus, then you will know peace, and the rest will be given.

Praying for you in Jesus.

God bless:)
pickles