Confusion.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2011
I would like a prayer to settle this confusion I have about Christianity. I thought I knew the way to live and the way to stay away from the Lake of Fire but I guess I don't. Its just so confusing watching these sermons online and hearing them try to explain it to me. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. People say 'real' Evangelism states that God doesn't love you the way you are. That he loves you so that you can change. Its just really confusing to me and I just want to know the real truth. I'd also like someone on the forums to talk to whenever I need them. ♥

P.S: Please pray for my faimly so that they can be more religious and so that my parents may stop fighting.​

R

revelation21x1

Never give up JustinFoundChrist! Hebrews 6:12 says not to be slothful, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised! God loves you unconditionally. 1 John 4:16 says "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

K

Kyouken

JustinFoundChrist, I can't say I'll be available at all times (with school and what not), and I'm not saying I'm an expert, either, but I'll lend an ear, if you'd like to talk.
An illustration of how much God loves you:
He's got your picture in His wallet, and He shows it to people.
He sent His son to die on the cross for you. He Himself became a man and limited Himself just so that you wouldn't die spiritually. He suffered for more than just your sins, but so that you could be healthy, so that you could prosper, and so that you could be free from depression, from legalism, and so much more.
If you're confused, just read the Bible.
You are in my prayers, man. God loves you, and God bless!

S

shekaniah

I will pray for you...if you ever need prayer or have a question, you can go in the family forum and get opinions from all ages.

Dec 19, 2009
I would like a prayer to settle this confusion I have about Christianity. I thought I knew the way to live and the way to stay away from the Lake of Fire but I guess I don't. Its just so confusing watching these sermons online and hearing them try to explain it to me. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. People say 'real' Evangelism states that God doesn't love you the way you are. That he loves you so that you can change. Its just really confusing to me and I just want to know the real truth. I'd also like someone on the forums to talk to whenever I need them. ♥​

P.S: Please pray for my faimly so that they can be more religious and so that my parents may stop fighting.​
Do not believe everything you hear. It sounds like you are listening to too many pastors. It’s good enough to listen to your own pastor.

M

maddy

Praying for you Justin. You are very young and a lot of things can be confusing at that age nevermind as you get older. Read the bible believe what God says above all else. Be careful what you listen too and watch. As for helping you with your walk you need to becareful what you allow to get in your heart, listen to christian music because it has the power to bring you closer to him. Words have power, when you listen to a song your repeating the words to the song over and over those things get in your heart and you start believing them so becareful what you hear,talk,and see. I myself like to hear pastor Duane Sheriff on the internet he is a very good teacher/pastor who speaks the truth and makes it easy for you to understand if you want you can try him and see, he has many teachings on anything you want or need to hear Duane Sheriff Ministries Stay strong in the Lord and that God bless you and keep you strong.

M

maddy

God takes you the way you are right now and helps you and as you walk with him by faith changes you :)

B

buttacup

i will pray that God give you understanding of his Word and that there will be nomore confusion and doubts and that your family will be stronger

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are loved by God Our Father!
Do not let so many bring confusion, just ask Jesus, He is the one that brings all truth.
You and your family are in my daily prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

C

crissy17

Praying for you Justin..As believers in Jesus Christ we must have faith in God in order to live a victorious and effective Christian life. It is also the knowledge of the Word of God that causes our faith to grow. Read the bible and in so doing you will develop and strengthen your faith to the point you will not only become effective in your prayers and service to the Lord, but you will be in the place of pleasing God and bringing great blessing upon yourself in the process.Ask God to show Himself and His love to you and invite Him in your life, to save you from your sins and to lead your life, as He is the wisest and knows best what's good for you.Come to God just as you are, with a willingness to change towards the best and let Him show you how loving he can be..God Bless u.

A

Avidan

Standing with everyone in prayer for you. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Psa 71:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
Psa 71:2 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
Psa 71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
Psa 71:4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
Psa 71:5 For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace...

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Psa 35:1 A Psalm of David. Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Psa 35:2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Psa 35:3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Psa 35:4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Psa 35:5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Psa 35:6 Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.

Psa 40:14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
Psa 40:15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
Psa 40:16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
Psa 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

.........................................................................................................................................

Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isa 41:11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
Isa 41:12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
Isa 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Act 2:21 ...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:9 That if thou [man] shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement [G2643].

G2643
καταλλαγή
katallagē
kat-al-lag-ay'
From G2644; exchange (figuratively adjustment), that is, restoration to (the divine) favor: - atonement, reconciliation (-ing).

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works (see Gal 5:6 below). These things are good and profitable unto men.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1 Cor 13 (NASB):

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love (King James):

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not;
charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Faith that Christ is your atonement, your justification, your righteousness. Hold on to this faith during the storms, the trials, the testing, and this faith will bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:22 ...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psa 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psa 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psa 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Psa 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Declare:

Psa 118:17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

Psa 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

Psa 121:1 A Song of degrees. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Psa 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

This next part is the Lord declaring for you:

Psa 121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Psa 121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Psa 121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
Psa 121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
Psa 121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
Psa 121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Decalre:

Let my enemies be bound in Jesus Name. Cast them to the depths in Jesus Name. Amen.

I will live and declare the works of the LORD.

L

livin4JC

I would like a prayer to settle this confusion I have about Christianity. I thought I knew the way to live and the way to stay away from the Lake of Fire but I guess I don't. Its just so confusing watching these sermons online and hearing them try to explain it to me. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. People say 'real' Evangelism states that God doesn't love you the way you are. That he loves you so that you can change. Its just really confusing to me and I just want to know the real truth. I'd also like someone on the forums to talk to whenever I need them. ♥

God loves you no matter what you are going through and how messed up you are. He doesn't love you so you change, he loves you just the way you are. By God you are made righteous, by his mercy and grace. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
What every human being really desires is a relationship with God, not the religion, because religion conforms to rules. Religion says read your bible, attend church, pray every day. Well, yeah those are all great things we should do, but we shouldn't do it because we feel like we have to. We should do it because we want to. Do it to build your relationship with God so you can hear from him. Once you start to build your relationship and hear from him, really get to know his voice, obey. Obey whether you feel like it or not because you will be blessed and feel joy. (2 Corinthians 3:6)
The key to staying away from the Lake of Fire: Salvation. It's not what you do, but what you believe in. If you believe that through Jesus you can get to heaven, but only through Jesus and that the mercy and grace of God is what allows our sins to be forgiven you should be free from the fire! (Romans 6:23, 1 John 5: 11-13) The love that God and Jesus have for you and me and anybody is overwhelming and unconditional! When you start to build that relationship with him you will want to change because of your love for him, not because you feel like you're forced to or you'll end up in the Lake of Fire. Nobody in the whole world is good enough to enter into heaven by good works..by the grace of God only.
Don't always take the word of preachers or evangelists, do your own research: reading the bible...then pray about it.

Another thing you can do is speak scripture over your family when you are praying. Here are some scriptures of peace: Isaiah 26:12, Isaiah 55:12, Romans 8:6, Romans 14: 17-19, 2 Corinthians 13: 11, Romans 15:13. I don't know which one you'll like, but Romans 15:13 is my favorite out of these.
Just keep your eyes on Jesus, keep praying, and keep your faith strong. It will be hard at times, but never give up because God made a promise to you and God doesn't break his promises. Your faith will be tested (it may take longer than you want), but your prayers are heard and will be answered! (1 John 14-15)
You and your family are in my prayers!

S

splendor258

There are many feedback here already but I just wanna say that God loves us even if we are sinners. He never changed. As Christians or children of God, we must obey Him and let His will be done in our lives. God bless your heart brother. :)