Contemplative prayer/worship is satanic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2013
Forget the Bible, now you can go to a quiet place and search within YOURSELF to hear from satan,then we can play some music that draws on your emotions to give you a feeling, thus tearing you further and further away from GODS word, and eventually into the one world whore catholic beast. We wont tell you the evil pagan origins of contemplative prayer, we will tell you to stop looking to that pesky Bible for answers, it cant be your ONLY authority and source for truth. Seriously if your a real christian please come out of this evil. The majority of christians are falling away and have received the strong delusion sent by GOD because they rejected the truth ( 2nd THESS chpt 2, and the Bible is truth, JOHN 17 - 17 ) you are trusting in an evil practice ( PROVERBS 16 vrse 25, and 14 vrse 12 ) that tickles the flesh ( PROVERBS 28 vrse 26 ) and your in danger ( JERIM 17 vrse 5 to 9, and HOSEA 4 vrse 6 ) please if your trapped in the contemplative movement give this some serious thought and give the Bible ( KJV ) an ONLY authority in your life............

T

Tintin

I don't know of any Christians who practise contemplative prayer without meditating on the Bible (God's Word). God can use music (amongst many other things) to draw us closer to him but our foundation should be the Bible. Emotions shouldn't be the be all end all of our faith, but nor should we be fearful of them.

K

kenisyes

But if the kingdom of heaven is within you (as Jesus says it is), and if you are in your prayer closet, why must it be Satan you are hearing from? Couldn't it be God?

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
Forget the Bible, now you can go to a quiet place and search within YOURSELF to hear from satan,then we can play some music that draws on your emotions to give you a feeling, thus tearing you further and further away from GODS word, and eventually into the one world whore catholic beast. We wont tell you the evil pagan origins of contemplative prayer, we will tell you to stop looking to that pesky Bible for answers, it cant be your ONLY authority and source for truth. Seriously if your a real christian please come out of this evil. The majority of christians are falling away and have received the strong delusion sent by GOD because they rejected the truth ( 2nd THESS chpt 2, and the Bible is truth, JOHN 17 - 17 ) you are trusting in an evil practice ( PROVERBS 16 vrse 25, and 14 vrse 12 ) that tickles the flesh ( PROVERBS 28 vrse 26 ) and your in danger ( JERIM 17 vrse 5 to 9, and HOSEA 4 vrse 6 ) please if your trapped in the contemplative movement give this some serious thought and give the Bible ( KJV ) an ONLY authority in your life............
Hi Kjvbiblecatowner
Firstly, I understand your message and I understand what you are trying to say.

However, I would like to point out that it is not right to be judgemental by calling "one world whore catholic beast".
Reason why I am saying this is because, before I became a Christian, I was invited to a christian dinner and at this dinner, the pastor also made a comment about the catholics and even though I was not a catholic, the first thing I wanted to do was walk out of the church dinner because he really put me off. Instead of opening an opportunity to speak about Christ for those who were not saved he actually shut the door.
As christians we should not be calling names on any religion but we should just bring forth what the word of God says.

Secondly, I have a cousin who had been a catholic all her life and 10 years ago, she gave her heart to Christ and sincerely loves God. She could not break away from all her rituals but as she read the word of God for herself more and more and the Holy Spirit working in her life, she has moved out of the catholic church and has joined a different church.

What I am trying to say is that our words can hurt another individual and that individual can be
- a brother or sister in Christ which I am sure your intention is not to hurt but to open their eyes.
- a non christian who can be put off and therefore you can lose the opportunity to witness to the individual

So I just ask that it's best that we as believers in Christ, refrain from name calling.
May God bless you Kjvbiblecatowner and may God use you to bring others to Christ and may He
grow the gifts in you to bring glory to Him.

Oct 31, 2011
Perhaps there are people who use their minds in a way that is satanic, but most of us here have our minds on God and scripture. If we meditate it is within those boundaries. We put on the whole armor of God, we do like it talks of in the psalms and like Isaac did when he went to the fields to meditate. Gen. 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at eventide.

Christian meditation can't be done in a state of stress and lack of faith. Christian meditation includes experiencing the peace and joy that is God given. Through His word, it is putting ourselves in harmony with God.

Jan 8, 2013
I used to be an unsaved catholic, the bible rebuked me and through reading the bible I was saved. The more you learn about the mother of harlots (roman catholicism) the more you will hate it and want to distance yourself from it. The bible says the fear of the lord is to hate evil, contemplative prayer is another of the harlots created through satans vatican. It is the end times, and unfortunately most people are ignorant of contemplative prayer / worship, and will embrace the anti christ. Time is short, work while it is yet day. OH and since roman catholicism has taken so many peopl to hell, I am pouring out double to her, rewarding her evil, by always referring to it as the whore ( REV 17 ) and reminding everyone about the legions of sodomite priests and popes. COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE ( 2nd CORINTH chpter 6 verses 14 to 17 )