Contradictions to the bible. (Fight against deception)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 9, 2016
I wanted to make this thread as a way for us (the church) to be better equipped when our knowledge of scripture is tested by atheist or any nonbeliever.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say that the bible contradicts itself. So I decided to make this thread so that we could squash these accusations! What I would like us to do is take a common "bible contradiction" and provide the reason it is false. Either show scripture that would better explain it, or show how they may have taken the bible out of context. Or just simply explain how it's wrong.

I will start with one I have heard.

"whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13"

So the author was under the impression that if someone were to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and call upon the lord to be saved in the same sentence that that in itself would be contradicting. (Yeah I don't know either lol)

So let's put it to rest. First off, the act of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is to resist the spirits conviction, or to harden your heart to the Holy Spirit. If one was to do this they would be rejecting God altogether and you would never find this person calling upon the lord in the first place. Some one who has resisted the Holy Spirit has also resisted gods call. Like the verse Mathew 22:14 "For many are called, few are chosen" every one is called to the father but only few actually answer him. So if some one resist gods call and hardens their heart to the Holy Spirit then they will not be saved because they never came to God, they never called to him to be saved because they resisted him instead.

I would like to see you guys squash some more. If you are not familiar with any "contradictions" that atheist like to use please use this link below as reference, or simply google it. Thanks :)

30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another | Thought Catalog

P.S if you want to argue please start your own thread. Thanks :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Save some time...

Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible ...John Haley

When Critics Ask...Norman Geisler & Thomas Howe

C

Chuckt

I would like to see you guys squash some more. If you are not familiar with any "contradictions" that atheist like to use please use this link below as reference, or simply google it. Thanks :)

Josh McDowell is an apologist who wrote a lot of books.

I could tell you to read the Skeptic's Bible which they will always quote but let me give you my experience.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

You can't lead someone to Christ whose answer is already, "no". They hate the light, they love darkness rather than light and they don't want to come to the light because their deeds would be reproved!

You want to fight with someone who isn't done fighting and once you prove them wrong, they will say, "So what" or "You got me" but they will continue to make stuff up because they don't want to come.

I and another Christian witnessed to a hostile and very knowledgeable atheist for years and he kept pounding on us and pounding on us. I met a knowledgeable Christian who showed me what questions to ask and he said, "You got me" but to our atheist friend, resistance was like survival.

And what about those questions you can't answer?

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

If you can't answer, you will be considered evidence that you are wrong.

Christians are not spending the money to counter the academic community against evolution and I don't think I've seen many Christian books written by scientists since the 1950's.

And when you start to go down this road where you take argument after argument, where does it stop? You will be chasing them down every bunny trail and it doesn't stop.

On top of that, when they start attacking you with four letter swear words, you will start experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

And how does it look to them or people that you are this strange person making them feel they are wrong all of the time? Are you using ammo or love because you are using verses to prove them they are wrong.

We're not to judge those outside of the Church but we're proving them wrong?

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

So if you think I'm going to give you a crash course, think again. Imagine working at your regular job all day and then not watching t.v. all night trying to figure out alleged contradictions.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
One hardly ever is honestly reading the Bible and stumbles across one of the "apparent contradictions." The skeptic has to search else where. God is not interested in chasing the skeptic down to prove Himself. Many cases, God will let the skeptic believe a lie. To the honest Bible student, there is truth to be found.

C

Chuckt

One hardly ever is honestly reading the Bible and stumbles across one of the "apparent contradictions." The skeptic has to search else where. God is not interested in chasing the skeptic down to prove Himself. Many cases, God will let the skeptic believe a lie. To the honest Bible student, there is truth to be found.
I met some atheists online and I can guarantee they would eat most of us here alive.

I called half of the pastors I knew and none of them were interested in backing me up or helping to explain all of the apparent contradictions.

God has his reasons to make "belief" the yellow line to divide people from and he allowed the Bible to be in the condition it is because if the truth was so clear then you would have the wrong people saved for the wrong reasons and not because they would want to look to Jesus to be saved but because they just didn't want to sit in the flames of hell.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
The apparent contradictions in the Bible serve to strengthen my faith. If the Bible had been fabricated (or modified) to control human minds there wouldn't be such "contradictions".

May 15, 2013
I wanted to make this thread as a way for us (the church) to be better equipped when our knowledge of scripture is tested by atheist or any nonbeliever.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say that the bible contradicts itself. So I decided to make this thread so that we could squash these accusations! What I would like us to do is take a common "bible contradiction" and provide the reason it is false. Either show scripture that would better explain it, or show how they may have taken the bible out of context. Or just simply explain how it's wrong.

I will start with one I have heard.

"whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13"

So the author was under the impression that if someone were to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and call upon the lord to be saved in the same sentence that that in itself would be contradicting. (Yeah I don't know either lol)

So let's put it to rest. First off, the act of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is to resist the spirits conviction, or to harden your heart to the Holy Spirit. If one was to do this they would be rejecting God altogether and you would never find this person calling upon the lord in the first place. Some one who has resisted the Holy Spirit has also resisted gods call. Like the verse Mathew 22:14 "For many are called, few are chosen" every one is called to the father but only few actually answer him. So if some one resist gods call and hardens their heart to the Holy Spirit then they will not be saved because they never came to God, they never called to him to be saved because they resisted him instead.

Jesus was stating to them about how much they are in need of mercy, that it would of have been the end for them if God's grace wasn't shown. God had humbled Himself to them as if He were the slave and they are the master.

John 13:12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

nogard

Aug 21, 2013
It's interesting timing that this topic was made during the Easter season, as a popular New Testament contradiction atheists use is the conflicting resurrection accounts found in the four gospels. A fancy chart showing some of the contradictions surrounding the resurrection is below:

https://imgur.com/h5Uszrx

This is a popular choice among atheists not only because the resurrection account is so important to Christians but also because it's one of Christianity's largest claims. A resurrected Christ. Without it Christianity would not be Christianity.

J

jaybird88

i dont see a contradiction. i just see an atheist seeing something that is not there.
i see Jesus teaching 3 things
speak against the Son of man - forgivable
blasphemy against the Holy Spirit - not forgivable
call on the Lord - will be saved

atheist are like spoiled little children that have to have attention 24/7. if they truly didnt believe in anything spiritual, why do they spend soooooooo much time involved in it?

i dont believe in leprechauns and yet i am not gonna make it my lifes work to prove prove this to the world.