Cosplay

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cgirl

What do you think about cosplay?
Is it right for a Christian to do cosplay as a hobbie?
Any CCmember who likes anime, cosplay or any other otaku stuff?

C

CheekyGeeky

I don't think there is anything wrong with cosplay, it can be fun. I went last year to Megacon here and dressed up with a couple of friends and had a blast. It was really cool seeing all the different costumes and checking out the panels.

C

cgirl

Cool! I've always liked anime and everything related to Japan, but this year I attended 2 anime conventions and now I have a crush over cosplay and I wondered if there were other christians interested in this issue.

I don't know what half of the people are dressed of,cause I haven't watched most of the popular animes, but I really enjoy it as a way of art.

C

CheekyGeeky

Cool! I've always liked anime and everything related to Japan, but this year I attended 2 anime conventions and now I have a crush over cosplay and I wondered if there were other christians interested in this issue.

I don't know what half of the people are dressed of,cause I haven't watched most of the popular animes, but I really enjoy it as a way of art.
Anime is cool, I'm not too into it but I love the artwork. It's really fun going to conventions though, I've only been to Megacon and really want to go again, it was fun! It's fun to dress up though and make your costume.

kingerik

Sep 25, 2013
What do you think about cosplay?
Is it right for a Christian to do cosplay as a hobbie?
Any CCmember who likes anime, cosplay or any other otaku stuff?
It's fine...I presume...as long as it isn't dressing up as anything bad or anything. I use to have an obsession with anime, but kind of turned away from it...I still watch it every now and then...I started writing Christian Comics based on my desire to make Christian alternative based comics which could still be great,action based, and drama filled as regular comics but offering hope in the way of Christ.

As far as my favorite anime, it's pretty short.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood by far...Great series. It's my favorite as well, FMA(2003) was great, but it does't compete with FMAB.

Dragonball, and dragonball z...cause classic.

Code geass....because wow...this has to be in my top five. It never got predictable at all. The ending is just unmatched.
Naruto has it's time...and deserves honorable mention, and really is great at times.

Fairy tail...it's up there...it's a great anime/manga. Really funny, and reigns as part of my top ten.
One piece...Never a dull moment.

Deathnote...because...wow. It really shows how most people have good intentions when they start...and carries with me throughout all of my writings.

Bleach but only for the soul society arc after that...it's basically the same thing over and over.

Cowboy bebop-Classic with great music.

Just some of my favorites...If you haven't checked out FMAB you should...definite recommend as well as Code Geass.

C

cgirl

It's fine...I presume...as long as it isn't dressing up as anything bad or anything. I use to have an obsession with anime, but kind of turned away from it...I still watch it every now and then...I started writing Christian Comics based on my desire to make Christian alternative based comics which could still be great,action based, and drama filled as regular comics but offering hope in the way of Christ.

As far as my favorite anime, it's pretty short.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood by far...Great series. It's my favorite as well, FMA(2003) was great, but it does't compete with FMAB.

Dragonball, and dragonball z...cause classic.

Code geass....because wow...this has to be in my top five. It never got predictable at all. The ending is just unmatched.
Naruto has it's time...and deserves honorable mention, and really is great at times.

Fairy tail...it's up there...it's a great anime/manga. Really funny, and reigns as part of my top ten.
One piece...Never a dull moment.

Deathnote...because...wow. It really shows how most people have good intentions when they start...and carries with me throughout all of my writings.

Bleach but only for the soul society arc after that...it's basically the same thing over and over.

Cowboy bebop-Classic with great music.

Just some of my favorites...If you haven't checked out FMAB you should...definite recommend as well as Code Geass.
How cool that you are making a christian comic! There are a couple of people making christian mangas and animes, so I hope that soon we'll see people preaching in the comic/anime cons through christian mangas.

I tend to like more the girly animes/ mangas( Hana Yori Dango, Clannad, Madoka...). The only one I've watched from your list is Dragonball 'cause, yes, it's a classic :)
I'll have to give it a try to Deathnote, though, or my brother will drive me crazy if I don't XD

kingerik

Sep 25, 2013
How cool that you are making a christian comic! There are a couple of people making christian mangas and animes, so I hope that soon we'll see people preaching in the comic/anime cons through christian mangas.

I tend to like more the girly animes/ mangas( Hana Yori Dango, Clannad, Madoka...). The only one I've watched from your list is Dragonball 'cause, yes, it's a classic :)
I'll have to give it a try to Deathnote, though, or my brother will drive me crazy if I don't XD
Yes, it's going slowly but surely...world building/character building and such isn't done in a day...haha.

Deathnote, is definitely one you should watch.

Feb 16, 2014
I agree completely. FMAB is probably my favorite T.V. series after Breaking Bad.

Deathnote is pretty good, though some segments were a little ridiculous. The tennis match comes to mind here. "Should I let him beat me so he doesn't become suspicious? Or would he know I let him beat me? But if he knows and I try to win thinking he knows, would he know that I knew that he knew?" But, overall, the concept of the anime was amazing and it was overall done fantastically.

I do have to say, it's been years since I watched Bleach so I can't really give many examples. But I felt like they just made everything up out of the blue. When a new mechanic was introduced in the series, it always showed up as a plot convenience begging the question, "If they knew about this earlier, why didn't it ever come up since it's clearly a big deal?" For example, the swords had at least 3 forms. At the start of the anime, they always talked about how it had a 2nd form most people didn't know about. Then, just to mix things up, "Oh, the sword has a 3rd form. Yeah, that's a pretty big deal and would have been worth mentioning earlier, but the writers only planned on the sword having two forms at the time of writing." It's okay to make stuff up as you go. That's how writing usually works. But it needs to not be so obvious. /end rant

Last edited:

kingerik

Sep 25, 2013
I agree completely. FMAB is probably my favorite T.V. series after Breaking Bad.

Deathnote is pretty good, though some segments were a little ridiculous. The tennis match comes to mind here. "Should I let him beat me so he doesn't become suspicious? Or would he know I let him beat me? But if he knows and I try to win thinking he knows, would he know that I knew that he knew?" But, overall, the concept of the anime was amazing and it was overall done fantastically.

I do have to say, it's been years since I watched Bleach so I can't really give many examples. But I felt like they just made everything up out of the blue. When a new mechanic was introduced in the series, it always showed up as a plot convenience begging the question, "If they knew about this earlier, why didn't it ever come up since it's clearly a big deal?" For example, the swords had at least 3 forms. At the start of the anime, they always talked about how it had a 2nd form most people didn't know about. Then, just to mix things up, "Oh, the sword has a 3rd form. Yeah, that's a pretty big deal and would have been worth mentioning earlier, but the writers only planned on the sword having two forms at the time of writing." It's okay to make stuff up as you go. That's how writing usually works. But it needs to not be so obvious. /end rant
Breaking bad fan too! What do you think about the better call Saul spinoff?

Bleach was just...blahh. I could go on a serious tangent about it...but I'll control myself. All I have to say is that Bleach went in this order..Ichigo faces different powerful enemy...he loses...... he cries...introduce overpowering power/plot device...ichigo gains power...ichigo wins...repeat.

Feb 16, 2014
Breaking bad fan too! What do you think about the better call Saul spinoff?
I'm completely neutral to the idea. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm not dreading its release either. I have zero expectations.

J

Jake_from_state_farm

There is no reason not to! ANIME IS GREAT!!!! OTAKU POWER! no, but really... its just a "big kid" version of dress up. how is that bad...

Aug 13, 2013
I have heard of Cosplay. It looks like fun as long as it is ok for Christians.

C

Cairparavel

i love cosplay! I lean more towards steampunk style, though....where Victorian meets sci-fi...(brassy, steam powered things).....i'm involved in a local group. We have several fun events/parties we do every year. I personally see nothing wrong with playing dress-up and having fun. Why wait for Halloween? If people wanna judge, let 'em judge. God knows my heart. :)