Could the length of a person’s hair have anything to do with pleasing God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letti

*whew* i thought we might be talking about a mullet.
:p
Hmm,that brings back a funny memory of a bad haircut. I gave my son once yrs ago looking back at pics of him i have to laugh i really messed up his hair.:D

G

Graybeard

I do believe long hair on men is an abomination to the Lord. Jesus himself had short hair.
I would like to view the Scripture to Jesus having short hair....what is short hair?.....what is long hair??...by what reference does one measure this??

B

BeanieD

marrion --- you need to learn how to post in the proper forum... ;) What?????

O

overcomer2

Did you know that you are going to judge angels. Judgement is a very interesting topic that most do not believe in judging at all. Even the Lord had judges. Many consider judging to be a horrible crime. However, we will judge even angels. 1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? (This is a very deep topic, deep calleth to deep on this one.)

U

Ugly

Well, that's because most people don't understand the distinction between being judgmental and making a judgment. We are called to judge another by their fruits, but not to stand in judgment over people.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
posthuman..........been researching this, and while there is "debate" about it, I am now in agreement with you in that Jesus was a Nazarene, and not a Nazerite. Based on the results of my research, and on Scripture accounts of Jesus, I came to this conclusion. As for the length of His hair, it seems that He would have been in keeping with the Jewish customs of the time, and they believed that it was a "vain" act for a man to show his ears. So it would be logical to conclude that His hair would have covered His ears......about to the shoulder, or just above, but no longer.

Thanks for the input....... :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well, that's because most people don't understand the distinction between being judgmental and making a judgment. We are called to judge another by their fruits, but not to stand in judgment over people.
as J Vernon McGee put it - i'm no judge of another man, but i am​ a fruit inspector.

D

Delivery

Such an idea may at first seem strange. But before the question is dismissed, it would be wise to consider the following:1 Corinthians 11:1-15
11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

so what do you guys think?
No. The length of a person's hair does not have anything to do with pleasing God. If it did, all of us baldies would be in real trouble.;)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
No. The length of a person's hair does not have anything to do with pleasing God. If it did, all of us baldies would be in real trouble.;)
Well, see, God ONLY created so many perfect heads............the rest He covered with hair........