Could You Pray For Me Tonight Please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tylenn

Today is my Birthday. I’m 56-years old and I’ve never felt this alone. It seems as if every decision I make just doesn’t turn out the way I plan them. Most recently, I accepted a job and moved from Las Vegas, NV to Morongo Valley, CA. I spent all I had for the bus ticket, and less than 2-weeks later, it didn’t work out. I’m not going to blame myself or the man I came here to work for; this just wasn’t where I was meant to be. Right now I don’t know where I belong. I’m not defined by my circumstances because I know I have a spiritual self and a natural self, and believe me; my spiritual self is alive with love and light towards someone who just fired me. And now I’m back (yes a set back) looking for a job and place to live again. In the natural, I’ll have $280.00 for my work here on Monday, minus the cost of a bus ticket, one suite case and duffle bag, diverse, useful job skills; yet no direction. If I allow doubt to set in, Monday will come and I won’t have a plan; so what do I do? I use to be popular, but with time and changes, there’s no one in this world I can think of to help; only God.

In the movie It’s A Wonderful Life, Clarence (the Angle) wrote in a book to George Bailey “Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.” And I do have one friend, but I won’t go back to Vegas and be a burden on her again.

Why in the world would I go back to Vegas for more of the same bad news, you didn’t get the job. Or more of the same, you got the commission job and the stress of making sales that come too few and far in between. On the other hand if I stay here in California or move to a nearby state, where could I afford to live, find a job, and receive my first check before my money runs out? I know that sounds like fear, but it’s a rational fear I’m doing my best to replace with faith. I truly believe that with prayer all things are possible, especially what seems impossible. All day I’ve applied to live-in positions and work in exchange for room and board, because the typical jobs take too long to reply if they reply; time is running out, and access to a computer. Since my mind isn’t made up, I’m so open to suggestions, advice, guidance that will be a turning point in my life.

Thank you so much for your time, and God Bless You
[FONT=&quot]Nette [/FONT]

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Happy Birthday Nette! and welcome to CC =] I'm real sorry to hear about all you're going through. But prayer is powerful and God will make a way for you and carry you through it all. Just keep your faith and believe and keep your mind on his word. I'm praying for you that everything will work out for good!

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." -Proverbs 3:6 =]

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Nette. hugs, happy birthday and welcome to cc.
Praying for all you need and ask for in Jesus Christ is Lord.
Scripture says, man may plan his course, but God determines his steps.
This simply means what ever you do, God is with you. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

W

wwjd_kilden

I don't have any advice, but I can pray.

T

tylenn

Thank you for your prayer GodssSon, I know that God has something great in store for me, so I continue to live by faith, he knows what's best for us all.
Have a blessed day.

T

tylenn

To GodssSon, Pickles, and wwjd_kilden,
Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes, your prayers, and welcoming me. For some reason I have peace of mind, so I'll move forward knowing just what you said, God is with us through everything. I'll keep all of you in my prayers also. You've given me comfort just knowing you care.
Always
Nette