Count it all joy :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. Matthew 10:22

Proverbs 29:27 The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.

Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.

John 15:21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

I know it gets discouraging and upsetting sometimes when the mockers and scoffers troll our christian beliefs; but as the scriptures say, we should actually rejoice when we see this. Hopefully, this means we are reflecting Him as we should :)

Matthew 5: 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

L

Liz01

I think that these kind of situations give us a good opportunity to remember and search inside us the love from God and show it to mockers and those who dont like christians.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. Matthew 10:22

Proverbs 29:27 The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.

Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.

John 15:21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

I know it gets discouraging and upsetting sometimes when the mockers and scoffers troll our christian beliefs; but as the scriptures say, we should actually rejoice when we see this. Hopefully, this means we are reflecting Him as we should :)

Matthew 5: 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
___________-
This is My commandment, that you love one another, that your joy may be full .

The verse is John 15:12, and, instead of the last fragment 'that your joy may be full,' scripture says 'as I have also loved you.'

Jesus speaking here, but, trust me on this, IF you love one another, you will glorify God, and, your joy will be full and your trials and temptations will be assuaged by the great wonderful God who you have relationship with in your life :)

--
Count it all joy, julieannie . Your verses for reference are good and here is my fave, which is followed by context verses to put your 'joy' into understanding :)

James 1:2 - 8
Trials and Temptations
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

J

Jullianna

I think that these kind of situations give us a good opportunity to remember and search inside us the love from God and show it to mockers and those who dont like christians.
I completely agree, Liz. A gentleman last night said something about not being happy about unbelievers being allowed to join CC. I told him that we have seen people come to the Lord here and be saved. That's what it's all about. And I can't imagine much that shows Jesus more than rejoicing and loving in the face of adversity. :)

J

Jullianna

___________-
This is My commandment, that you love one another, that your joy may be full .

The verse is John 15:12, and, instead of the last fragment 'that your joy may be full,' scripture says 'as I have also loved you.'

Jesus speaking here, but, trust me on this, IF you love one another, you will glorify God, and, your joy will be full and your trials and temptations will be assuaged by the great wonderful God who you have relationship with in your life :)

--
Count it all joy, julieannie . Your verses for reference are good and here is my fave, which is followed by context verses to put your 'joy' into understanding :)

James 1:2 - 8
Trials and Temptations
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

this is the exact verse I had in mind when I titled this thread :) I just realized that I forgot to post it! thank you for posting it :)

G

GreenNnice

----
Good witness too, lizzytheone, as those that see a christian acting in a way strangely, whether it is peacably through wrathful anger or whatever, want, too , to be like them. :)

G

GreenNnice

this is the exact verse I had in mind when I titled this thread :) I just realized that I forgot to post it! thank you for posting it :)
----
Well, that's good, julieannie, the Lord leads.

I am glad you did this thread milady, it is good for all in Christ to see, joy maintained through thick and thin by believers will strengthen and bond their perseverence to do more for Christ and consequently be blessed :)

Threads like this help us to recharge and get going and going and going and going , some not stopping until they have changed many to a joyful life in Christ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

This song says it all :) My brother used to sing it

"What kind of joy could stare death in the face and see it as sweet victory? This is the joy of a soul that's forgiven and free" :)

Link: steven curtis chapman--what kind of joy - YouTube
----
Yes, julieannie, what kind of joy is this that Christ has given us, born again by the powerful life of Jesus, of God with the death of His Son saving us to Eternal Life, and blessing us with giving us of the Holy Spirit , freeing us from the death of all our PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE sins .

What kind of joy is this ?

I'm speechless. No real words can say the joy from this that is in my heart Living forevermore, this joy that is in not just me, not just you, but in the hearts (and minds and souls) of ALL believers.

Behold, what manner of Love the Father has given unto us :)

K

keep_on_smiling

I was trying to remember these verses (ones with this message) the other night when talking with a friend at church. She was really struggling with how people have been treating her. I sent them to her in an email and she called to let me know how blessed she was to have them. I could only remember the first one at the time. Thank you for sharing! :)