Courting without having sex is possible for Christian youths.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it possible to stay away from premarital sex in a relationship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gwilms

Many christian youths say it is impossible, but with God all things are.
Firstly, what relationship do you have with God; truth and spirit?
Are you yoking with an unbeliever?
Do you submit to God's will of fleeing immorality?
Are you plain with your partner as regards to sex?
Do you continue to ask God for help in prayers and studying of the word?
As for me, i have true love for her, cos God loves her more. Sex b4 marriage will jeopardise, where God's taking us.
Share my views?

C

chu_huifen

I think yes we can stay away from premarital sex in a relationship. If both of the couple grow together in Christ, I'm pretty sure that both of them can keep purity each other and guard their fiance's heart and don't let each other falling into lust or temptation :) it can happen when this couple involve God as the center in a relationship

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I said I'm not sure. Honestly up to this point in my life all of my relationships have had some form of sexual contact or another. Now I have been single since october of last year and I don't do the whole one night stand, but any serious relationship has advanced to this point. Do I think it's possible to have a relationship without sexual contact? Of course I do. I also think it gets far far more difficult after you experienced what is out there, because the temptation becomes in my opinion much much greater.

G

gwilms

@ chu it's so possible and with God's grace laying emphasis on it is beneficial to the youth of our age.
@ Nautilus, bro i like your honesty, a virtue that makes one increase in grace.
We'd prevail in Jesus Name. If u facebook please add me up in Williams Lifeline Olugbenga.
Much luv.

G

gcaro7l

yes we can avoid premarital sex if we choose to honor and obey God and follow His guidelines = “do not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14), and “flee from sexual immorality” (1 Corinthians 6:18). If we save sex for its proper time and place which is our marriage, He will reward us. ;)

G

gcaro7l

Many christian youths say it is impossible, but with God all things are.
Firstly, what relationship do you have with God; truth and spirit?
Are you yoking with an unbeliever?
Do you submit to God's will of fleeing immorality?
Are you plain with your partner as regards to sex?
Do you continue to ask God for help in prayers and studying of the word?
As for me, i have true love for her, cos God loves her more. Sex b4 marriage will jeopardise, where God's taking us.
Share my views?
For me it is not impossible, as long as you know His word and you choose to obey Him in truth and in spirit. He will help you do the right thing, which is staying away from premarital sex. Also my parents also teaches me to wait until marriage. So yes for me that's exactly what i'm doing. I'm also encouraging everyone to do the same. God bless us all!

A

anasthasya

YES. it is very possible...
I really believe Christian youth whose have close relationship with Jesus Christ can avoid premarital sex relationship..
premarital sex relationship can only be happened when we let "evil" or "sin" taking part in relationship, but when we put God in our relationship so it's not just about "I and my BF/GF" anymore, but I, my BF, and our Jesus :)

shawntc

May 7, 2010
One of my youth pastors had committed herself to purity before marriage, and she was able to do so, even though she dated some non-believers, including the man which would later become her husband. (He eventually became Christian.)

Abstaining from permarital sex is certainly possible, it requires proper knowledge and an actual commitment. I suppose you could say I'm a living example of that. Myself and my ex were both Christians who were saving ourselves for marriage. And it's a good thing too. She is my ex now, after all. :D

It's also about knowing what your limits are. Some guys get strongly tempted if they're left alone in a house with their girlfriends for extended periods of time. Maybe I just lucked out but I didn't really have that problem. Then again, she wasn't a very sexually attractive or flirtatious person which doubtlessly made things easier.

A

amiracle

I think it is possible if you are a virgin. Before I lost my virginity I never thought about sex. After I started having sex (and enjoying it) it's like it was almost expected by the guys I would date. Its pretty tough to turn down sex when you are in a relationship with someone you are sexually attracted to and you already know the feeling of sex.

U

Ugly

I think it is possible if you are a virgin. Before I lost my virginity I never thought about sex. After I started having sex (and enjoying it) it's like it was almost expected by the guys I would date. Its pretty tough to turn down sex when you are in a relationship with someone you are sexually attracted to and you already know the feeling of sex.
Sounds like you're dating the wrong guys then.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Nope its the same for guys actually

Jul 25, 2005
In the words of Dr. Strangelove, "It is not only possible. It is essential!"

That said, society as a whole had better gradually shift back toward an earlier adulthood to compensate for the urges, otherwise we really are setting people up to fail. You figure if a Christian man marries at 25, he's had strong sexual urges for nearly half his life, it is just a bad deal.

B

Brandon777

No offense to the asker. It's a sad day when someone asks this question. Of course it's possible. Just look at Joseph and Mary.