Courtship...Broken Courtship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I don't know why so many Christian women don't like the idea of submission. Is it the culture coming into the church? Biblical submission is beautiful; it's all for our good.
It really goes back to Genesis 3:16.

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

God's punishment for Eve (and womankind) after the Fall was 1) pain during childbearing, and 2) the husband will rule over the wife.

There are several translations for the second punishment, but basically it means that the woman will want to control the husband (as Eve did with Adam with the forbidden fruit) but the husband will rule over her. This verse basically goes to the source of why womankind in general does not really like submission to man. Of course, if a woman has a great husband who is understanding, etc. she has it easy. Even then, if a wife really wants something and the husband says no, that would be considered punishment. If a wife is being "naggy", she may be suffering from this punishment.

In the New Testament, Paul made it more clear how husbands should treat their wives. Even then, the punishment from Genesis 3 persists.

I think it is important for husbands to realize the source of why their wives may be "naggy" or disobedient.

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
It really goes back to Genesis 3:16.

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

God's punishment for Eve (and womankind) after the Fall was 1) pain during childbearing, and 2) the husband will rule over the wife.

There are several translations for the second punishment, but basically it means that the woman will want to control the husband (as Eve did with Adam with the forbidden fruit) but the husband will rule over her. This verse basically goes to the source of why womankind in general does not really like submission to man. Of course, if a woman has a great husband who is understanding, etc. she has it easy. Even then, if a wife really wants something and the husband says no, that would be considered punishment. If a wife is being "naggy", she may be suffering from this punishment.

In the New Testament, Paul made it more clear how husbands should treat their wives. Even then, the punishment from Genesis 3 persists.

I think it is important for husbands to realize the source of why their wives may be "naggy" or disobedient.
Often men don't love their wives as Christ loves the church. It really is a high calling!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Often men don't love their wives as Christ loves the church. It really is a high calling!
yea I agree with this, sadly its all too common

Some of the things non christian men do with their christian wives are shocking.
It makes me cry to think about how much pain their wives go through

But theres also the other side when a christian husband marries a non christian wife.

That is also painful to hear about. :-(

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Pain during childbirth. often forgotten afterward or now alleviated by powerful drugs, but those drugs absolutely affect those babies being born. We are now seeing scores of drug affected children

Also, if you drank alcohol or were in contact with any chemical toxin during pregnancy, this WILL affect your baby in the womb.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Was talking with a learning support lady who had seven children ..amazing, but shes now separated and said that one or two of her children went off the rails for a bit. But she loves them all anyway unconditionally.

A lot of mothers put conditions on their children eg they have to be aboslutely perfect. If they were born with a defect or fail to measure up, they dont seem to want to love them.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for sharing sis 😊❤️

He is ready to marry and you are not ready yet...he wanted you,you wanted him but you are not at peace about marriage yet...you loved him but I guess it was
too fast for you... 🤔

You were hurt because you loved him but the marriage proposal was way too early for you...is it? Maybe you just needed more time....just my opinion based on what you wrote....

There's no perfect smooth sailing relationship...no perfect husband material or wife material. It's two imperfect people coming together not scared to commit,willing to compromise and grow together while growing together in the Lord.

As an older lady who made so many mistakes in my life and experienced hurt and pains ...this is what I am gonna say... experience is the best teacher and it is often the most painful experience that hurts us the most that helps us become more stronger and wiser 😊

God bless you ❤️

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
Thank you for sharing sis 😊❤️

He is ready to marry and you are not ready yet...he wanted you,you wanted him but you are not at peace about marriage yet...you loved him but I guess it was
too fast for you... 🤔

You were hurt because you loved him but the marriage proposal was way too early for you...is it? Maybe you just needed more time....just my opinion based on what you wrote....

There's no perfect smooth sailing relationship...no perfect husband material or wife material. It's two imperfect people coming together not scared to commit,willing to compromise and grow together while growing together in the Lord.

As an older lady who made so many mistakes in my life and experienced hurt and pains ...this is what I am gonna say... experience is the best teacher and it is often the most painful experience that hurts us the most that helps us become more stronger and wiser 😊

God bless you ❤️
Thanks for being so sweet.

I know that God can use our mistakes to teach us lessons and grow us. But I also know we can avoid a lot of heartache by being wise too.