Courtship!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Watys-

For me the idea that Marriage is expected is a bad thing. Because it means you will try for the Marriage but you're not naturally compatible. Also if it is expected there is the chance of rushing because of sexual desires
I dont think you would go into a courtship if you weren't compatible... its not an arranged marriage.
interesting idea about rushing for sexual desire... would you say that without the expectation of marriage that the desire is less urgent? Curious to hear peoples thoughts.

A

Adhis

I like the courtship idea, I think churches should encourage it . I have dated and instead of constantly dating different people hoping for the best, it's good to date/court with a common goal in mind from the beginning.

K

kapayapaan

which basically means, instead of trying out this person and that person, we find a friend who we feel like would be a good match for us and then sit down with the pastors and say "hey lets see if marrying this person would be a good idea." thats basically it.
I don't particularly understand this part. How do you choose your partner? Did you seek the Lord's guidance first? or like what you said "hey lets see if marrying this person would be a good idea." I'm a bit troubled by that.

A

Aqua_Girl09

Yes, you pray and seek God's counsel. If you feel that God is giving you the go ahead then you have someone over you to help you get around the pot holes that they already know is there. God should be in the middle of everything. it just helps to have older people with God's blessing to guide you.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I've been through dating once or twice. Not interested anymore. It's courting for me from now on. I pick the young lady carefully and make sure that, long-term, her and I would be suitable matches. Infatuation is nothing more than an insane impersonator of love.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I am 100% in support of courtship. I, too, don't quite understand your church's approach (i.e. how courtships are initiated), but if it works, so be it. :) I refuse to date. I am all about courting: a relationship with a destination. :)

I have yet to read I Kissed Dating Good-bye, though I do own it. I have already decided on my stands of purity and courtship and so I don't tend to read dating books written by Christians, except to pick them apart. :) I have no intention of doing so with Harris' book so that's why I haven't read it yet. :)

My level of courtship and purity is too extreme for 99% of Christians, so I won't share them here, but suffice it to say, I applaud you and your church for seeking courtship as the norm, rather than dating. :) Congratulations.

W

wolfywolfs

i just heard bout courtship and already i want to run away