Covid Communication

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Just so y'all know, on any phone that is running Android 8 or later, you can set Skype to automatically answer video calls.

This is important in 2020, because if a loved one cannot have visitors for covid reasons, you can ask a nurse to set a smartphone in the corner of the room so y'all can at least talk.

This is especially important for elderly people stuck in a nursing home who can no longer have visitors. The person stuck in the nursing home doesn't even have to push a button to answer the call.

It is a handy time to be a nerd...

Natasha91

Apr 27, 2019
Just so y'all know, on any phone that is running Android 8 or later, you can set Skype to automatically answer video calls.

This is important in 2020, because if a loved one cannot have visitors for covid reasons, you can ask a nurse to set a smartphone in the corner of the room so y'all can at least talk.

This is especially important for elderly people stuck in a nursing home who can no longer have visitors. The person stuck in the nursing home doesn't even have to push a button to answer the call.

It is a handy time to be a nerd...
Technology has been so helpful at this time! It's never too late to learn. My great-grandfather and I have just started doing video calls as well. It's nice talking on the phone, but so much better when you can talk face-to-face. :)

I've also been using my personal Skype and FB accounts at work for my patients to connect with their family members and attend church services... I can tell you it means more than you know to them! Especially with dementia patients, seeing familiar faces and praying and singing hymns makes a huge difference. The isolation has been so hard on the elderly especially.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Widespread video chat that is easy to connect... came along just in time when we need it most! :cool:

If anybody has any questions about how to set it up, please feel free to ask. It's pretty easy to do, and your elderly shut-ins will love it.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I just use email or my telephone number.