Creative

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lyndies

I'm trying to work on my book, but I feel unmotivated right now. I usually think of the people that I'm writing it for and it helps to know that people like them will read it one day and be helped by it.

I also have a playlist that fits my book.

But right now nothing is really working.

SooooOOOoooOOOOOOOOoo... How do all of you get your creative juices pumping?

Oh, and I'm even wearing my special writing tie, but...nothing.

S

Speeder

I would love to know that too!

Right now, I was supposed to be working on my game, but I also have "lack of creative juice"

Or is the plain old procrastination... Sometimes I never know...

R

Rissa77

I go outside. God likes to speak to me through nature a lot. He inspired a sermon through a water lily once. But He really gets me with the honeysuckle. MMmmm

S

Speeder

Oh, that is true... Once I got several ideas, while staring at clouds... Really... (well, people outside thought that I was nuts... But this is only because these days people are not into nature anymore...)

R

Rissa77

yea i know... they think i'm nuts when i climb a tree to pray. i've had some really great times up there. makes me feel smaller, and more humbled as I try to get myself down without falling lol (trees, nuts, haha unintentional pun!)

S

Speeder

I never had prayer after climbing a tree... But I think I understand :p
I also stare at fire, water... Anything in nature that moves in some interesting way, or interacts with light, I think is worth seeing for a LOOOOOONG time.
Not that other stuff are not, like flowers (my dad takes care of flowers... he is no gardener, but he has a flower collection), but I like to watch this sort of stuff.

I am having college in other city, and thus every time I have class, I take really long bus trips... Since I don't own a laptop, or DS, or anything like that, I go the entire time sleeping, or thinking... When I go thinking while looking at how the sun interact with clouds, or how the clouds reflect in the rivers, I get some REALLY good ideas.

Too bad that I sometimes forgot to note them, and forget them too... When this happen I get upset...

L

lil-rush

Sometimes I just sit down and write the story for a few pages, and then delete everything I wrote and start again once my brain is warmed up and ready to start writing something worthwhile.

L

Lyndies

Thanks guys! I'm about to go fishing, so it's the perfect opportunity to try it out. :]

Speeder, do you design video games or write them?

L

Lyndies

Being out in nature did help, but I think it was only because I was away from distractions (like this site and facebook..haha). Bu, yeah, I got some good ideas going!

S

Speeder

I design them... But sometimes I end writing too.

But I try to keep only in design (and programming)

L

Lyndies

I design them... But sometimes I end writing too.

But I try to keep only in design (and programming)

Sweet! How did you get into that? Because my brother really wants to do that kind of thing.

L

Lyndies

S

Speeder

Because most are just scams, and companies, cannot make a list of what colleges are scams or not, so they tend to ignore all them.
I only figured as I was completing mine, so yes, I have a weak resume in that regard :/ Most companies ask me, why I did not took a computer science, or writing, or something like that...

But Tom Sloper site give more details on that (I wish I saw his site BEFORE entering college...), he frequently explains the issue with colleges, and also says what sort of colleges people should go.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
When I can't write, I find reading usually helps. I think it gets words back into my brain.

Aug 2, 2009
Try daydreaming. Conjure up pleasant old memories or childhood fantasies that made u feel good inside...or if u are writing something dark, think of things that made u cry or that touched your heart in a special way. It might just be an old song or an old movie or something you experienced, somewhere you've visited, an old toy, a look in a chold's face, a fun time with friends, a time you spent with someone you loved, etc... Anything that tugs at your heart strings should help.

Last edited:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

When i cant write, which is 90 percent of the time. I usually whine about it until i feel really sorry for myself. Around the time of self pitty is when i usually write the best.

If all else fails, watch war of the worlds, it really puts things in perspective for you.

L

Lyndies

Hahahaa. Thanks so much for that picture! Wow. Made me laugh. XD

And yeah, the daydreaming thing, I think, would work really well! Thank you. :]