Crisis of Faith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Anyone ever have this, or are you all secure in your faith?
I am 100% Secure. I used to have the smallest of doubts even before I was actually saved, but after receiving the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, I know for sure that Jesus will not say to me:

"Away from me. For I never knew you."

But I am so incredibly fortunate, as I know, for sure, that I have been "Known" by Him.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Yes I did , for the first 5 years of my Salvation...
I have been saved 7 years this year , and my time spent wondering if I am truly saved just brought me closer and closer to God...
The fact that the thought of not being saved has pierced our hearts to tears , and made us fret over the thought of not being saved , is a sure sign that we have , yet we lack understanding...
...xox...

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
What part of your faith are you questioning?

1. Is Jesus God?
2. Did He rise from the dead?
3. Did He die for your sins?
4. Is He the only way?
5. Are you truly born again?
6. Other?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I believe what I believe
It's what makes me who I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God
Not the invention of any man

- Rich Mullins

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My faith can't be shaken because it is not based on anything God does for me. That kind of faith could be toppled the first time I don't get what I think I desperately need.

My faith is based on proof that God is still paying attention to me. I may not get what I want, or even think I need, every time, but I have multiple proofs that God is still taking an active interest in my life. My faith is not that God exists, or even that God has power, but that God cares.

Mar 16, 2022
Psalm 46 says God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. The reality is that there will be difficult times, but God promises to be our refuge. When buildings crumbling and our world is shaken. God has not failed us.

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual wickedness in high places.

John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”.

I never question my faith, I know God/Jesus/Holy Spirit (Trinity), is with me always. The enemy seeks to destroy us by putting doubt in us, making us question our salvation, because he wants to see us dead to God and in Hell with him. Am I/are we tempted...in every way yes! How do we handle that? Do we rely on Jesus the Christ who paid the final sacrifice for us? Or do we fall to that temptation? It's not a sin to be tempted, it's when we fall into that temptation that we sin. We all have a Jekyll and Hyde, we all must make an effort to die to the flesh and the lies from the enemy about our salvation daily. I struggle with addiction, I, for me have to die to those lies daily, hryly, minute by minute some times.

Abba, Father, we all have sinned and come short of your glory. YOU have given your only Son for our wretched lives to make us glorified as you are. We know the devil seeks to destroy us in any way he can, I pray for your guidance, your eyes that we may see the traps the enemy set in our path that we may overcome them and glorify you. That others may see and we can share your love and salvation with them. I ask God, that you take all doubt from the enemy away, I am secure in You, I am secure in my salvation through You. Even though I may/have fall(en) today, I pray for your forgiveness on my sins and know that You will always be with me. On the sacrificed bloof of Christ I pray...Amen