Crisis of Faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tusb

I have a friend who used to be a devout believer and leader in her church. Two close friends of her died, and her faith was really shaken. She isn't sure what she believes anymore. What should I say to her, or should I say anything at all?

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
That really shows the measure of faith she has. We as Christians await the way we die so eagerly because we know that we will see our Lord and creator. If I was you I would tell her to really examine herself and ask herself if she has really ever had faith in the true living God. He is alive, He is holy, He has died for all humanity and was raised from the dead and is alive forevermore! In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He is the name above all names, He is the only name under which all can be saved, He is all powerful, He is truth, In Him there is no darkness, In Him the weak find strength, In Him the sick find healing, In Him the dead are risen, In Him the broken are made new, His light is so bright that those who see Him fall to their faces because He is so mighty and so glorious. This is the God we serve. He is alive and He has exalted His word above His name!

S

SolR90

As long as she knows "God" and not religion i strongly believe she will be alright. God has a hold of her and he won't let go. Have you read the book "The shack" by" William P. Young"? Its a really good book, a father loses his youngest daughter through a murder and he is extremly angry with God and also questions his existence. But the book explains who God is and why he lets bad things happen sometimes. I'm sure it can help your friend out some.

F

Forgiven66

The smallest verse in the Bible, was at someone burial. "Jesus wept." John 11:35 In this eleventh chapter of John we see Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. Unforunately seldom does this miracle occur, but we find that God the Son was sorrowful for his death.

I would try to gently remind your friend, of the words of the psalmist, "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints."
Psalms 116:15

I would also remind her, that althought she hurts greatly, God may have brought them home, to kept them from the evil to come.
Isaiah 57:1
The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Remind her, that Paul states that we are in the present of the Lord when we died II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23).

I'm sure she will be alright, but I would just try to give her words of comfort. Remember Job's three friends were doing okay comforting Job, until the open their mouths, so if you can't give words of comfort try to just give an open ear.

Dec 19, 2009
I have a friend who used to be a devout believer and leader in her church. Two close friends of her died, and her faith was really shaken. She isn't sure what she believes anymore. What should I say to her, or should I say anything at all?
One of the things that has helped me adjust to the loss of loved ones is a loving church. We are never alone—the Lord is always with us and we can always talk to him.

H

Help123

Help me believe

H

Help123

Talk to me

H

Help123

No one at all?

G

GM777

Life is filled with tragedy and pain. It's times like these that you need to be strongest in faith because whenever the enemy sees a chance to come in and hinder faith, it will. I extend my deepest condolences to your friend, and hope that she comes back to her faith once the pain, confusion, and grief subside.