Crucifixion nails found in Caiaphas ossuary !!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kennethcadwell

and all available for your faith seed of $100.00

This researcher is not selling them, so to compare this to a black market on selling either real or fake religious artifacts is completely off topic.
They were found in Caiaphas ossuary, which is a bone box that the bones of an individual are placed in and only things that were very special, important, of great importance to the person were placed with them.

Here is another picture of another crucifixion nail that was found still in the ankle bone of this individual.

C

ChristIsGod

Joh 19:39,40 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

Joh 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

Too much in the Word against it being Christ and too much superstition and cults arose from it to have the 'fruit' that would have come from God or that God would allow.

It's going on display next year and see what kind of other nonsense comes with that big viewing.

The jury is still out on this even with the Biblical Archaeology groups and it shouldn't affect any of our faith one iota or even 'excite' us, as it's become nothing but a cult producing icon that is also now prayed to and worse.

Thanks anyway, Brother. I respect you all just the same!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Kennethcadwell,

There is nothing wrong with sharing these things, and discussing them.

However, discussing something is different than taking a definite stand on something which is not yet definite.
We just need to proceed with caution sometimes.
Though new archaeological discoveries ARE made continuously,
Christians don't NEED to dig up another relic in order to prove our beliefs...
there is already ample proof.

Our faith, and the manifold evidences for our faith, are not diminished by taking a cautious view toward new discoveries.
Your own body that you walk around in is PROOF of the creator!
So where archaeology is concerned, it's alright to slow down a bit and wait for things to be proven and corroborated.

K

kennethcadwell

Joh 19:39,40 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

Joh 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

Too much in the Word against it being Christ and too much superstition and cults arose from it to have the 'fruit' that would have come from God or that God would allow.

It's going on display next year and see what kind of other nonsense comes with that big viewing.

The jury is still out on this even with the Biblical Archaeology groups and it shouldn't affect any of our faith one iota or even 'excite' us, as it's become nothing but a cult producing icon that is also now prayed to and worse.

Thanks anyway, Brother. I respect you all just the same!

You are just looking at the bad side of things though, which has always happened with religion.
It has also been a proven fact that a lot of people have come to want to know Christ through relics like this being found sparking their interest.

Kennethcadwell,

There is nothing wrong with sharing these things, and discussing them.

However, discussing something is different than taking a definite stand on something which is not yet definite.
We just need to proceed with caution sometimes.
Though new archaeological discoveries ARE made continuously,
Christians don't NEED to dig up another relic in order to prove our beliefs...
there is already ample proof.

Our faith, and the manifold evidences for our faith, are not diminished by taking a cautious view toward new discoveries.
Your own body that you walk around in is PROOF of the creator!
So where archaeology is concerned, it's alright to slow down a bit and wait for things to be proven and corroborated.

I am not taking a definite stand on this being the actual crucifixion nails of Jesus, but to go and completely just write something like this off is also not the way to go.
And yes we don't need things like this for evidence of our faith, but those who maybe weak in the faith and need assurance still or others that do not know Christ yet may see things like this and come to know Christ and know Him better. Which things like this has done in the past.

T

Thailand_Paul

we can make a connection
While it is interesting, the highlighted text above sums it up. It is similar to using a family tree to trace our very existence and lineage back to Adam and Eve to simply prove they existed, when we know that we are all created in God's image and that they were the first members of our family.
It's also interesting that each time these amazing "discoveries" are made, they disappear after a short time. Either through lack of interest, lack of "proof" or, because the gods of this world make it disappear for fear of losing their foothold on the masses.
Faith requires no connection to be made and no proof of anything. The only proof of our Lord we need is in the changes He wroughts in us when we believe and are faithful to Him and to behold the beauty of His creations.

K

kennethcadwell

While it is interesting, the highlighted text above sums it up. It is similar to using a family tree to trace our very existence and lineage back to Adam and Eve to simply prove they existed, when we know that we are all created in God's image and that they were the first members of our family.
It's also interesting that each time these amazing "discoveries" are made, they disappear after a short time. Either through lack of interest, lack of "proof" or, because the gods of this world make it disappear for fear of losing their foothold on the masses.
Faith requires no connection to be made and no proof of anything. The only proof of our Lord we need is in the changes He wroughts in us when we believe and are faithful to Him and to behold the beauty of His creations.

Yes, just look at all the documented and photo evidence of giant skeletons that were found that showed full colonies of people were 6 to 12 feet tall. Yet all the skeletons have been confiscated and hidden or destroyed.

A Giant Mystery: 18 Strange Skeletons Found in Wisconsin: Sons of God; Men of Renown - SouthMilwaukeeNOW

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
If it wasn't for the Catholics being overly worshipful about relics then I think Christians would be more interested in these type of discoveries. The Catholic Church's attitude towards this type of thing has made other Christians overly cautious concerning it. If we are going to make a big deal about proving creationism as being real and evolution as being false then I don't see anything wrong with using historical artifacts to prove the existence of Christ. It's the same type of thing, using science and history to prove the historical reliability of the Bible.

K

kennethcadwell

If it wasn't for the Catholics being overly worshipful about relics then I think Christians would be more interested in these type of discoveries. The Catholic Church's attitude towards this type of thing has made other Christians overly cautious concerning it. If we are going to make a big deal about proving creationism as being real and evolution as being false then I don't see anything wrong with using historical artifacts to prove the existence of Christ. It's the same type of thing, using science and history to prove the historical reliability of the Bible.

This is how I feel to, if these things were to actually be released more openly and more frequently without opposition from our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Just think how curious it would make those who are not yet believers come and look into the faith even closer then they did before.
Everything works for God's purpose and will here on earth.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
This is how I feel to, if these things were to actually be released more openly and more frequently without opposition from our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Just think how curious it would make those who are not yet believers come and look into the faith even closer then they did before.
Everything works for God's purpose and will here on earth.
kennethcadwell,

I understand your perspective, and I understand all of the sincere intentions behind it.
It would be WONDERFUL if some archeaological discoveries were made which were SO PROFOUND that they would lead many people to Christ. That would be truly wonderful. I agree.

But we have a problem.
The scripture says that evidence, factual evidence, is not enough to change the hearts of unbelievers.
Lost people disbelieve by CHOICE, not by lack of evidence.

Luk 16:31
"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Christ explains in the above verse that CLEAR FACTUAL EVIDENCE, EVEN A MIRACLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU... is just not enough to make the unbeliever turn to belief.

Some people think that if we eventually locate Noah's arc, then all the unbelievers will see it and be turned into believers.
But Christ says that is simply not true.
People disbelieve by CHOICE... not by lack of evidence.
Facts, even miracles, are not enough to change their minds.

I would LOVE for us to make some great archaeological discovery that was so great all the lost would come to Christ.
But that is contrary to scripture.
There is ALREADY plenty of EVIDENCE to believe in God... people just choose not to believe.

So, I completely agree with your good desires, and good intentions, for people to come to Christ.
Digging up new things DOES often support the bible... but it doesn't bring the lost into the light.

K

kennethcadwell

kennethcadwell,

I understand your perspective, and I understand all of the sincere intentions behind it.
It would be WONDERFUL if some archeaological discoveries were made which were SO PROFOUND that they would lead many people to Christ. That would be truly wonderful. I agree.

But we have a problem.
The scripture says that evidence, factual evidence, is not enough to change the hearts of unbelievers.
Lost people disbelieve by CHOICE, not by lack of evidence.

Luk 16:31
"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Christ explains in the above verse that CLEAR FACTUAL EVIDENCE, EVEN A MIRACLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU... is just not enough to make the unbeliever turn to belief.

Some people think that if we eventually locate Noah's arc, then all the unbelievers will see it and be turned into believers.
But Christ says that is simply not true.
People disbelieve by CHOICE... not by lack of evidence.
Facts, even miracles, are not enough to change their minds.

I would LOVE for us to make some great archaeological discovery that was so great all the lost would come to Christ.
But that is contrary to scripture.
There is ALREADY plenty of EVIDENCE to believe in God... people just choose not to believe.

So, I completely agree with your good desires, and good intentions, for people to come to Christ.
Digging up new things DOES often support the bible... but it doesn't bring the lost into the light.

Yes I understand that, and never said it would change their heart.
What I said is that it peaks their interest, and through that interest could lead them to coming to the faith resulting in the change of their heart. Everybody is brought to Christ in their own special way; Some come by being raised in a good Christian family, some come after a hardship takes place in their life, some are brought by physical evidence being found to research further in the area, and so on.......

K

kennethcadwell

When I see what became of the shroud that isn't even Scriptural because a separate cloth covered His face, I get sort of a queezy feeling inside with anymore of these 'finds'.

We were just talking about the shroud on Jason's thread some time ago and since then, I had to go to my Brother's family Church for his new grand-daughter and in the lobby I found a bunch of tracts with the shroud face on it and it was some nun that was channeling what 'Jesus' was saying about worshiping His face and also prayers in that regard. Very creepy that they would print anything like that in tract form. That she allegedly was getting these words from Jesus Himself - 9 things - the 1st being - "By My Holy Face you shall work miracles" - 2. "By My Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners." - 3. "Nothing that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you." - 4. "If you knew how pleasing the sight of My Face is to My Father." etc.. all based around the face on the shroud.

So that was supposed to be Jesus speaking 'through' this nun to worship the shroud face. Then supposedly they got the blood type off of that shroud too and that started another whole cult based upon that blood-type and that got to the believers that Jesus didn't die and married Mary and they had a daughter, etc. etc..

Nothing good ever comes from these things. We know who will get these nails, but God only knows what will come from that - DNA testing and then another cult ... who knows, but that's been the record for these so-called 'relics' or icons.

There is a face cloth claimed to be from Jesus that is in Spain called, "The Sudarium of Oviedo."

It was tested as well and the blood type matched the blood on the Shroud of Turin

V

Viligant_Warrior

What is it with resurrecting the necrothreads lately? This is not the oldest, by a long shot, but hey, if no one has had anything to say for two months, it might be time to let the thread die and watch it sink into dregs and dungeons of CCF.

No offense, Ken. Not picking on you. But, sheesh ... there's been a bunch of 'em lately, one over three years old.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I agree with V_W.. it's frustrating when someone revives a zombie thread that is more than a year old.. just sayin'.. :/

K

kennethcadwell

What is it with resurrecting the necrothreads lately? This is not the oldest, by a long shot, but hey, if no one has had anything to say for two months, it might be time to let the thread die and watch it sink into dregs and dungeons of CCF.

No offense, Ken. Not picking on you. But, sheesh ... there's been a bunch of 'em lately, one over three years old.

It is the signs of the time Warrior, as people do find this interesting.
Just because you may not, does not mean many others don't, and when there is an update I will come back with posts.
You see our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are to quick to write things like this off, yet these things coming out in the open has intrigued others to come and look more into Jesus and who He was. And in that endeavor by them has brought many to Christ.
Science has tried over and over again to disprove the bible, and many tests have been done on the shroud and this face cloth to try an prove them fake. Theses tests have failed to do so, and only are proving them more to be real. Other things science has done to try and prove the bible fake has failed as well, instead they have uncovered more truths from the bible and those they can not prove definitely they come up with unproven theories for it.

K

kennethcadwell

I agree with V_W.. it's frustrating when someone revives a zombie thread that is more than a year old.. just sayin'.. :/

This thread is not more than a year old, I just started it 3 months ago..................

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This thread is not more than a year old, I just started it 3 months ago..................
i know, but i've seen alot of zombie threads lately in different forums..one was six years old and the OP isnt even a member here anymore..

K

kennethcadwell

i know, but i've seen alot of zombie threads lately in different forums..one was six years old and the OP isnt even a member here anymore..

Yes I know, but there is an update which is why I posted.
I know this thread is not very active, because some feel uncomfortable with this topic. But it is interesting to some, and things like this do bring others into the faith. Sunday night CNN is doing a show called, "Finding Jesus."
I do not put to much stock in shows from CNN, Discovery, and History channels however I do still watch them when it comes to the bible just to see how close or how far away they are from the truth within the bible. There have been some on here who discard the shroud because in John it mentions the face cloth. Yet I showed how in Jewish tradition they did put a face cloth on the person, and then wrapped the whole body in a shroud.

Now the update I wanted to put on here was about that face cloth that is in Spain, and how it was tested and the blood type on it matched the shroud. The show on CNN is suppose to talk about that, and more details that has not been released before. And no test has proven the shroud to be a fake, it may not have been from Jesus, but it has not been proven to be a forgery either. Plus the other thing I point out is those supposed biblical scholars they use on History and Discovery channels on their bible programs went to college to study the bible. Yet they almost always miss the mark by a mile.

Sep 14, 2014

I just watched a show on science channel called, " Biblical conspiracies. "
I don't usually believe everything I see on this channel and the History channel, but this one was very interesting.
Back in 2011 this ossuary was found with two bent rusty nails. We know Caiaphas was the high priest that turned Jesus over to the Romans to be crucified.

John 11:49
And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,

The man going by the name of Simcha Jacobovici found these nails after they were misplaced during the excavation of the tomb that the ossuary was found in. He ran many studies on these nails and on the ossuary and found that they both carried the same elements on them. The excitement and intrigue to this is could this actually be the nails that crucified Jesus? Nails are not normally put in an ossuary unless they have a major importance to them, and Caiaphas is mostly and only known for one major crucifixion; That of our Lord.

Your thoughts please on this........

Biblical Conspiracies : Science Channel

Simcha Jacobovici and the Nails From Caiaphas' Tomb
Yeah caught this myself on TV a few days back, enjoyed watching it. I assumed because he as linked with crucifixion that the nails were put in there as a symbol, rather than as anyone's nails in particular