Crucifixion What Christ Endured

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2023
LOL, sorry, you're way off; keep guessing. Theology has nothing to do with it. I don't make a habit of engaging with people who can't focus longer than a gnat.

Yeah yeah, making excuses for yourself doesn't clear one of false reformed theology

Mar 14, 2020
Those that know nothing of the false doctrines going around are unable to help those who have been indoctrinated by the false doctrines.

Something good can come out of being knowledgeable about false doctrines and that is being able to present the truth those those that have been effected by false doctrine.

So, you should learn something about catholicism, JWs, Mormans, 7th Day Adventist.

Or at least do what I did and collect teachings that exposes these cults and keep them on your computer so you have teaching to look at when you run across someone imprisoned by one of these cults so you can try to help them get out.

Many of them refuse to hear, but we can certainly plant the seed of the Truth of God's Word and believe the Lord's promise that His Word does not return to Him void that it will accomplish that it was sent to do. (Isaiah 55:11)
You have a good point, to know **something** of their teachings. To refute what they teach through scripture. No it doesn't do any good - those who identify themselves as such believe their doctrine and will argue with you to justify their beliefs. I have found myself entrapped on some of these sites not knowing they were questions or statements of Jehovah Witnesses, refuting their statements through scripture and it seemed to irritate them and usually let It go and I tried to steer clear.

The good that would come out of it is others who read the comments will see and hopefully understand the differences in the theologies and between those that are actually scriptural.

I'm not sure about the 7-Day activist I haven't heard anything that they teach that was false.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I know Kenneth Copeland has preached it. Joyce Meyer used to preach it but I don't know if she still does. Word of Faith mainly; they say Jesus was tormented by Satan in Hell but overcame him. As a result, He was "born again." I guess they forgot about the part where He said on the cross, "It is finished."
Amen I agree with your position there . the struggle of the flesh ended at the cross . But I actually have had discussions with people who believe there’s clear doctrine for the idea that Jesus soup appeared in hell .

Mostly the only scriptures I’ve ever really accepted that they have offered that does seem to be saying something along those lines but I still don’t really understand it myself but here’s the scriptures they use which does at the very least make me want to study more about it I just don’t know of anything else in scripture regarding it Peter quotes psalm 16

“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; Neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: In thy presence is fulness of joy; At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭16:10-11‬ ‭

Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, Neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; Thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:27-33, 36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

My response has always been that I would say it means Jesus never had to even enter hell it’s just saying “ I won’t leave your soul in hell or allow the body of the holy one to ever see corruption or decay “

It’s not really saying I’m my own view anyhow that Jesus soul was in hell and then delivered from it but that he was kept from hell which was created for Satan and sinners who follow him there

Jesus never sinned of followed Satan. We are told that by the spirit Jesus entered the spiritual prisons which held those from before the floods of Noah’s time who died in rebellion after he died and preached the gospel to them though but again that’s not hell it’s a reference to prophecy and how the messiah would visit them also when he came even those who died before he came he would visit them

there’s this

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then also Jesus said this before he died and rose

“But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

after his apostles taught this

“For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And a few other places that make me think and want to study the matter. It I can’t really find anything clear my own thought is that if Jesus entered hell by his spirit after death it was o my to take all the authority death and he’ll had over mankind and to set people free with the gospel

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭

if he went there it was to overcome it all and set mankind free if they believe

before he entered heaven but I think some things just aren’t really clear enough to truly grasp the details of what happened after Jesus died in the spiritual realms unless we look into more scriptures regarding what happened after he died and then when he rose and also things he said beforehand in the gospel about being the resurrection and life and offering man eternal life saying they would never see death ect they had already been delivered from death ( the second death of course )

I’m just saying i used to think it was a terrible unbiblical thought but then a lot of things were raised in my mind by those scriptures in those discussions

Dec 29, 2023
I'm not sure about the 7-Day activist I haven't heard anything that they teach that was false.

They are actually a cult.

Info Source - https://answering-seventhdayadventist.com

False Predictions from Ellen G. White (founder after having a "vision" like Joseph Smith had - she's also a known false prophet and does not meet the biblical qualifications to be a church leader in the first place)

False prediction number 1
Jerusalem’s future. In her book The Early Writings, she says “Then I was pointed to some who are in the great error of believing that it is their duty to go to Old Jerusalem and think they have a work to do there before the Lord comes. I saw that satan had greatly deceived some in this thing. I also saw that old Jerusalem never would be built up and that satan was doing his utmost to lead the minds of the children of the Lord into these things now, in the gathering time.” This prophecy did not come true. Since the nation of Israel’s rebirth in 1948, old Jerusalem has been greatly built up.

False prediction number 2
England will attack the United States. In 1862 she predicted that when England does declare war against the north during the Civil War, all nations will have an interest of their own to serve and there will be general war, general confusion. The result will be that this nation, the United States, will be humbled into the dust. This was from Testimonies for the Church volume 1 page 259. American history clearly shows that England did not declare war against the United States during the Civil War and the United States was not humbled into the dust. So she made another false prediction.

False prediction number 3
the Civil War is a sign that Jesus is about to return. In her writings Testimonies for the Church Volume 1 page 260 she says “I saw greater distress in the land than we have yet witnessed. I heard groans and cries of distress and saw large companies in active battle. I heard the booming of the cannon, the clash of arms, the hand-to-hand fight and the groans and prayers of the dying…” So obviously there she’s talking about the civil war. Ten she says “God’s people must take warning and discern the signs of the times. The signs of Christ’s coming are too plain to be doubted and in view of these things, everyone who professes the truth should be a living preacher… All heaven is astir. The scenes of Earth’s history are fast closing. We are amid the perils of the last days.” The Civil War ended in 1865 and Jesus has yet to return. Another failed prediction.

False prediction number 4
Jesus was to return in a few months. In her book The Early Writings, she says: In a view given June 27, 1850, my accompanying angel said “Time is almost finished…” said the angel “Get ready, get ready, get ready…” I saw that there was a great work to do for them but little time in which to do it. Then I saw that the last seven plagues were soon to be poured out upon those who have no shelter…Early Writings page 64. Mrs. White continues to relate her vision and makes a startling prediction that only a few months are left before the Lord will return. She says in her Early Writings page 67 “But now time is almost finished in what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again.” She said this in 1850. This is another failed prediction.

False prediction number 5
Adventists living in 1856 will be alive to see Jesus return. Over 135 years ago in May of 1856, Mrs. White made another fascinating prophecy during a meeting in Battle Creek Michigan. She said: I was shown the company present at the conference. Said the angel, “Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.” All those seventh-day Adventists that were alive to hear that are now dead, nobody was translated by Jesus. Yet another failed prediction.

False prediction number 6
Christ would return before slavery was abolished. She says again in her Early Writings: I saw the pious slave rise in triumph and victory and shake off the chains that bound him, while his wicked master was in confusion and knew not what to do, for the wicked could not understand the words of the voice of God. Soon appeared the great white cloud…On its at the Son of man.” Slavery was not abolished for another six years after these statements, and the Lord hasn’t returned yet. Another failed prediction.

False prediction number 7
She saw Enoch on Jupiter or Saturn. She says “The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes, they were noble, majestic and lovely. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons.

There I saw good old Enoch who had been translated. Early Writings page 39 and 40. Don’t believe this? Ellen’s husband James White verified her vision when he wrote: At our conference in Topsham, Maine last November “Ellen had a vision of the handiworks of God. She was guided to the planets Jupiter, Saturn and I think one more. After she came out of the vision, she could give a clear description of their moons. It was well known that she knew nothing of astronomy and could not answer one question in relation to the planets before she had this vision.”

To this day highly detailed satellite pictures of Jupiter and Saturn have not revealed any life-forms of any size so I have no idea what Ellen White was talking about. So there you have it – seven failed predictions from Ellen White. Let’s talk about the truth for a minute. Ellen White said she had the spirit of prophecy directly from God. The truth is she did not. Ellen White said she had an accompanying angel given to her from God. The truth is she did not. The truth is that Ellen White built the seventh-day Adventist Church based on lies.

The truth is that Ellen White is a false prophet and the best thing you can do as a Christian is to run away from this church as fast as you can. Then you should find a Christian Church that has Jesus Christ as its centerpiece and that is founded on the truth of the Bible.

Dec 3, 2023
Why can't Jesus preach the gospel to the mankind in hell?Jesus must have preached better than anyone else.

Unless you don't want to believe it in your heart,Why can they be saved in hell?

There is nothing in the Bible that clearly states that Jesus cannot preach the gospel in hell.

You will be thirsty in hell.You will be burned by the wrath of God.If Jesus preached at this time,mankind who listen to him will not be thirsty. Who don't listen to him will be burned by the wrath of God for ever and ever.

I think this kind of thing is completely feasible.

But I think this may not apply to those who betray the truth after knowing the truth.

But I won't preach this kind of thing as a doctrine of Gospel.I will only understand it as God's will to save mankind.Even if this theory is correct,This has nothing to do with preaching the gospel in real life.

Dec 29, 2023
Why can they be saved in hell?

Because their fate has been sealed.

The time to get saved is when one is living on earth where man has free will.

Read the account of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) and notice what Jesus tells the rich man about warning his family

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Because their fate has been sealed.

The time to get saved is when one is living on earth where man has free will.

Read the account of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) and notice what Jesus tells the rich man about warning his family
“For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:18-20‬ ‭

it seems like Jesus entered into death and took away all the authority it had over man leaving them in hell

“And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I suppose that’s why this happened after Jesus entered into death and rose up

“and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭27:52-53‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
‭‭John‬ ‭11:25-26‬ ‭

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth;

they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:

and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-13‬ ‭

God is able to save even from death which leads to hell

Dec 29, 2023
“For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Preached to those that have not been born again yet, not to those that rejected the Lord in this life and got sent to hell.

That's are no second chances unless one believes in the false doctrines the catholics have about purgatory.

it seems like Jesus entered into death and took away all the authority it had over man leaving them in hell

It's false doctrine to claim that all the evil men in the old testament that were sent to hell all got saved.

No, they had their opportunity to agree with the Lord during their lives and chose to be in opposition to him.

If you read the account of the rich man and Lazarus you'll find there was a temporary place in the upper regions of hell where all the old testament saints stayed until Jesus went to the cross to make becoming born again a possibility.

These are the people Jesus presented the gospel to and He led captivity captive when He was raised from the dead and they all came up with Him and were able to go to Heaven since they all got born again.

God is able to save even from death which leads to hell

So you agree as Christians we can live in sin, get sent to hell, and God will save us later and we will eventually get to go to Heaven?

Your comment will lead people to believe this and it's not true and is false doctrine.

There is no such thing as purgatory

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
I am not familiar with some of the propositions presented on this thread but while researching it I thought about an old song, "When He Was On the Cross". That led me to Psalms 22:

[Psa 22:1-31 KJV] 1 [[To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.]] My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [why art thou so] far from helping me, [and from] the words of my roaring?
2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But thou [art] holy, [O thou] that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6 But I [am] a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, [saying],
8 He trusted on the LORD [that] he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9 But thou [art] he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope [when I was] upon my mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou [art] my God from my mother's belly.
11 Be not far from me; for trouble [is] near; for [there is] none to help.
12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong [bulls] of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me [with] their mouths, [as] a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones: they look [and] stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee
.23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
25 My praise [shall be] of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
28 For the kingdom [is] the LORD'S: and he [is] the governor among the nations.
29 All [they that be] fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done [this].