Currently taking husband applications...

• Thread starter savedbygrace_cheering4god
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedbygrace_cheering4god

Question that has me wondering...

Have any of you guys on here actually met up with anyone else? Became friends?
Share your story! :p:eek:

U

Ugly

This is confusing, your title implies one thing, but your post is a different subject.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
i was like ill fill out an aplication just for fun why not hahaha

S

That would be a good idea for a thread haha but probably not the best way to meet your potential spouse lol

P

Precious_Sunflower

You could put up an application survey for what you would like to have when meeting your future spouse or something, one mostly for fun, though, maybe? ;) Just a suggestion. :)

S

You could put up an application survey for what you would like to have when meeting your future spouse or something, one mostly for fun, though, maybe? ;) Just a suggestion. :)
I do have a list actually! but its 3 pages long :)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
a three page list? this is whats wrong with people...when are you ever going to find someone that fits three pages of requirements?

S

a three page list? this is whats wrong with people...when are you ever going to find someone that fits three pages of requirements?
Well this list is hand written so I'm sure typed up its only like a page?page 1/2. and some of it is just silly stuff and can be compromised but why should I not have a high list of what i look for in a guy? I shouldn't settle for any less than what guy has in store for me. This man will not be perfect but he will be perfect FOR me and that is my intent. Not to find perfection

B

BCF06

Well this list is hand written so I'm sure typed up its only like a page?page 1/2. and some of it is just silly stuff and can be compromised but why should I not have a high list of what i look for in a guy? I shouldn't settle for any less than what guy has in store for me. This man will not be perfect but he will be perfect FOR me and that is my intent. Not to find perfection
Well said :) lol

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
the handwritten makes it a little better, ive just never seen the whole point of extensive lists. Maybe you'll meet someone completely different than the list and oddly fall madly in love anyways. I see no need for artificial restrictions on the concept. Its just erasing some possibilities before you have a chance. I would be interested in seeing your list just to see what is on it.

My list
24+
I must be attracted

seriously thats all someone needs for me to strike up a conversation maybe it goes somewhere maybe it doesnt, but it allows you to meet a ton of people along the way.

S

the handwritten makes it a little better, ive just never seen the whole point of extensive lists. Maybe you'll meet someone completely different than the list and oddly fall madly in love anyways. I see no need for artificial restrictions on the concept. Its just erasing some possibilities before you have a chance. I would be interested in seeing your list just to see what is on it.

My list
24+
I must be attracted

seriously thats all someone needs for me to strike up a conversation maybe it goes somewhere maybe it doesnt, but it allows you to meet a ton of people along the way.
Do you not want to connect with someone on a more intimate level? You wouldn't want them to just be a "christian" but actually have a filling and loving relationship with God. I want that connection with someone. I want to go into the relationship ready to spend my life with them than trying to "fix them" I also want whoever God has in store for me.

Here's a short example of my list:
[FONT=&quot]1)Spirit-controlled Christian (Eph. 5:18)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Jesus is #1 in his life, not just an ornament. (Mark 12:30)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3) Broken; understands how to totally rely on Jesus (Phil 4:13.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4) Ministry-minded; wherever he is-he's available. (1Cor 4:2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5) Motivator; man of vision, concerned about lost souls. (Romans10:14)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6) Sensitive spirit; in tune to the needs of others (Gal 6:2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7) Understands the responsibility of a husband to his wife (Eph5:25-31)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Humbleenough to be a disciple (teachable) & able to disciple others. (Matt28:19-20)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9) Man of prayer; he knows the key to success is his privatetime with God. (Col 4:2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10) Family man; he desires to have children & raise themproperly for God's glory. (Proverbs 22:6).[/FONT]

JGPS

Banned
Jan 11, 2013
My wife had a pretty decent sized list herself. All of it was rather good stuff, the important stuff was very similar to the 10 things you listed on your short list.

Having a reasonable screening process is a pretty good thing.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Do you not want to connect with someone on a more intimate level? You wouldn't want them to just be a "christian" but actually have a filling and loving relationship with God. I want that connection with someone. I want to go into the relationship ready to spend my life with them than trying to "fix them" I also want whoever God has in store for me.

Here's a short example of my list:
1)Spirit-controlled Christian (Eph. 5:18)
2) Jesus is #1 in his life, not just an ornament. (Mark 12:30)
3) Broken; understands how to totally rely on Jesus (Phil 4:13.)
4) Ministry-minded; wherever he is-he's available. (1Cor 4:2)
5) Motivator; man of vision, concerned about lost souls. (Romans10:14)
6) Sensitive spirit; in tune to the needs of others (Gal 6:2)
7) Understands the responsibility of a husband to his wife (Eph5:25-31)
8) Humbleenough to be a disciple (teachable) & able to disciple others. (Matt28:19-20)
9) Man of prayer; he knows the key to success is his privatetime with God. (Col 4:2)
10) Family man; he desires to have children & raise themproperly for God's glory. (Proverbs 22:6).

Aww well im out. Mostly number 10.