Cutting and the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Outcast4God

I would like to know what the Bible says about self harm. Anything would be helpful.
Thanks!

S

See_KING_Truth

Leviticus 19
28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

This is the first bible verse that came to mind when I read this. There are more that I cannot think of off the top of my head. I am sure that others will post them as they read this thread.

Our body, as Christians, is the temple of the Holy Spirit. So harming yourself can be likened to harming the temple of God. We are not our creator, God is; so we are God's property and to harm ourself is to harm something that belongs to God.

Hope this helps. I am not a teen, so I really shouldn't be posting here, but I was led to after seeing your post in the main forum. Feel free to send me a message if you need somebody to talk to.

H

hislastwalk

I know of the men Jesus cast a demon out of was cutting himself, and he was also naked, I think.
I know cutting and being public nakedness are both signs of possession.

O

Outcast4God

Thank you. That did help and it made a lot of sense.