Daily reminders of my past

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

intercessorginger

We know the Lord forgives us, but sometimes its hard to forgive ourselves.
Remember it's satan who entices us to do wrong and then we are led away into sin. Once we do sin...he then points the finger at us and accuses of sinning! When God forgives us of sin, the bible says...he puts our sin in the sea of forgetfulness.... did you know there was such a place?
Micah 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities;
and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Whenever satan, who is the accuser of the brethren, calls up your sins, remember they do not exist anymore.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Guilt Resentment and Blame | SMART Recovery®
I though you wrote it.
Would have been cool to get a Christians opinion from experience.

Guilt and shame is hard to deal with after we become a Christian :(

I think it's good to make restitution where possible but sometimes that's impossible or not a good idea to attempt contact for various reasons.

For those I've hurt... I pray for them that the hurt I inflicted will be taken away completely and pray for the Spirit to bless them. I think this is very effective :).

God has forgiven us so we need to forgive ourselves. Sometimes that's something we have to do repeatedly until it's finally accomplished. It would be nice to remove the memory also...but maybe it's good for us to carry that unpleasant memory so we can remember the lessons associated with it (similar to Paul's thorn?).

A very important thing is to move forward and look ahead to become the kind of person that God wants you to be. If you're continually looking backwards, you will stumble and lose sight of the goal.

Praying for you....may the Spirit lead you into abundant life!

Sep 16, 2012
I'm back Amen. Thank you all very much for the positive feedback. It is such a blessing. Those who wrote and spoke of their experiences with this issue have really touched me deep down inside. I feel encouraged and inspired. So thank you all very much. Blessings..

Sep 16, 2012
God lead me to a place of brokeness with it, Ild be reminded all the time of the scumbag I was and didnt hold much worth next to my name...the most powerful and hardest forgiving I had to do - was to myself! I actually ahd to close my eyes, pictur emyself in front of me and apologise, release myself from my own judgement and critisim...on every shameful thing I had done.
Aww thank you for sharing I will use this as meditation application. I've never felt brokenness like what I experienced. I assume it was the same or almost the same as the struggle you went through. Blessings Sister.

StephenH loved the song bro.

I would like to share 1 Timothy 1:15-17 with you. I used to stop after reading verse 15, thinking "Woe is me, I'm the worst!" But read the next two verses, because those are also important!

"(15) Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. (16) But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. (17) Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Got memory recall when you wrote this. Thank you

Guilt and shame is hard to deal with after we become a Christian :(

I think it's good to make restitution where possible but sometimes that's impossible or not a good idea to attempt contact for various reasons.

For those I've hurt... I pray for them that the hurt I inflicted will be taken away completely and pray for the Spirit to bless them. I think this is very effective :).

God has forgiven us so we need to forgive ourselves. Sometimes that's something we have to do repeatedly until it's finally accomplished. It would be nice to remove the memory also...but maybe it's good for us to carry that unpleasant memory so we can remember the lessons associated with it (similar to Paul's thorn?).

A very important thing is to move forward and look ahead to become the kind of person that God wants you to be. If you're continually looking backwards, you will stumble and lose sight of the goal.

Praying for you....may the Spirit lead you into abundant life!
These quotes really spoke to me. It was like you all had the same experience.
The above quote by Lucy really touched me and summed it all up what I was experiencing.
Very encouraged by you all. Thank you and may our Awesome God bless each and every person here.