Dare to be an Independent

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mammachickadee

Many Christian churches shy away from being confrontational at the risk of sacrificing the search for truth! We are directed to "be ready to give an account of...faith." Question everything you were ever told about the Bible and look in the Bible itself for the answers with one basic principle in mind: God is provident.
How many of you hear the name Scofield and think "accepted King James Version analyst". Did you know that Scofield was a theistic evolutionist? It's there throughout his notes: the opinion that God created the basics but left creation to make something of itself. Another example is the NIV... one of the most common Bibles in churches today. Did you know that one of the creators of the NIV was an openly practicing lesbian?
I'm not questioning the canonicity of the Bible, nor am I saying the Lord can't preserve His Word. I challenge each and every person to do a study on their Bibles and trace the opinions and theology of their Bible's designer(s).

M

Mammachickadee

I was looking through certain family forums today and came across the question of men being superior to women because of the order of creation... a very interesting question that is commonly skirted. More commonly in the church is the supposition that "be submissive to your husband" implies subservience in every aspect of life. If God created us in his likeness, both male and female, it is supposed we are all mentally capable of the same depth of love and mercy. Therefore I submit to you that a woman is also able to give constructive criticism, fill in the gaps left by neglect, and even excel when their husband is spiritually weak. Just because the mainmast of a ship falls off doesn't mean the ship will sink or fail to move forward in the seas of life.

Oct 31, 2011
Independent, but not independent from God and His word. Independent from organized church teaching so we hear all of scripture. Independent of the ism's out there. Independent of men's thinking so we hear it only to compare it with the truth in scripture.

M

Mammachickadee

Principles of Communion:
When I was going through a particularly difficult time in my marriage I counselled with the pastor of the church I was attending at the time. The pastor encouraged me to refrain from communion until I had received counselling concerning some sin in my life and the abuse that I had suffered from my husband. Later, when I was attending a different church and was again in a rough patch with my husband, a dear woman of God stated that refraining from communion- even when harboring unconfessed sin- was not necessary and could even border on disobedience to God. Such a concept was novel to me... but her reasoning was sound.
We are humans: full of sin; faulty; ignorant; stubborn; temporary. At no point in our walk as a Christian will EVERY sin in our life be confessed (for multiple reasons). When the Bible refers to taking communion undeservingly God states simply (though obviously not so simply) that the bread and the cup are communal representations of the bond we share as believers... but not with unbelievers.

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, is there only "be submissive to your husband" Holy Scripture written in the New Testament for women? What about others? Are they not significant too?
Be submissive to all of them first, which proves one 'love their GOD with all your heart, mind, soul and strength' and then share with every other women out there who are lacking in spirit and truth like you, which proves one 'loves their neighbor'.
As it is written; "Women are not to practice authority over men in church (tell them what to do)." Or do not try another way to sneak in the garden of eden again to again compromise what has been written and given to seal the New Covenant of GOD, All Mighty, All Powerful and All Most High. For a reminder, many bloods have been shed to complete the New Covenant.
As it is also written; "If you think you are wise to the things of this world, you need to become foolish first (to the things of GOD)." "Teachers will be greatly judged." "It is not Adam that was deceived but Eve first (who then deceived Adam)."
This Holy Scripture correction comes from the LORD JESUS CHRIST who truly loves you, just like every parents do that their kids do not fall into the snare of the devouring lion. i am merely an unworthy servant just doing my duty, gifted to share the Word. i have my sets of corrections from the LORD too, to work out in fear and trembling.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST rebuke the false spirit in you and restore a gentle and quiet spirit in you.

K

kenisyes

In about 95AD, Bishop Clement wrote to the Corinthians:
Who therefore is noble among you? Who is compassionate? Who is fulfilled with love? Let him say; If by reason of me there be faction and strife and divisions, I retire, I depart, whither ye will, and I do that which is ordered by the people: only let the flock of Christ be at peace with its duly appointed presbyters. He that shall have done this, shall win for himself great renown in Christ, and every place will receive him: for the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. Thus have they done and will do, that live as citizens of that kingdom of God which bringeth no regrets.

In those days, there was a place for independents. God has restored much of that early structure, just in the last few years. You will learn your place, and you will find it.

S

Share55

//Many Christian churches shy away from being confrontational at the risk of sacrificing the search for truth! We are directed to "be ready to give an account of...faith." Question everything you were ever told about the Bible and look in the Bible itself for the answers with one basic principle in mind: God is provident.

God said we should study His word to show ourselves approved. When Jesus/disciples taught in the synagogue the hearers hurried straightway home to read if it was so in their book.
Paul rebuked Peter in Gal. 2:11 for not walking uprightly. The Bible says that when we find a brother who does wrong that we should correct him with love lest we should also slip and need their mercy.
I have come to the point of where I seek God's guidance as there are so many interpretations that have gone awry esp. since there are so many translations of the KJV that have omitted key words or translated them so that they no longer hold the essence of the meaning as was intended.
Jesus said I have not come to condemn the world but to save. When the disciples asked Jesus if they should stop the man who was healing in His name but he was not one of them Jesus said no.
Seek to bring the lost to God and God will do the rest. It is not for us to judge nor cleanse them of perceived evils.

I disagree with much of the newly translated versions of the Bible today because of their omissions esp. for new ones seeking to know God. How will they know if the don't have all that the word has to offer except they pray for God's guidance who will then lead them to the right Word. All my Bibles are the KJV original editions by choice although when I first started studying and then was told by an atheist that the KJV wasn't hard just so long as I remember that ye, thou, thy are old english to our you/your etc. It is the very same Bible I used when I asked God to take me deeper and the love I found along with the wisdom and knowledge brought me such great peace and joy.

I was looking through certain family forums today and came across the question of men being superior to women because of the order of creation... a very interesting question that is commonly skirted. More commonly in the church is the supposition that "be submissive to your husband" implies subservience in every aspect of life. If God created us in his likeness, both male and female, it is supposed we are all mentally capable of the same depth of love and mercy. Therefore I submit to you that a woman is also able to give constructive criticism, fill in the gaps left by neglect, and even excel when their husband is spiritually weak. Just because the mainmast of a ship falls off doesn't mean the ship will sink or fail to move forward in the seas of life.

I attended this Pentecostal church at one time and I recall the minister saying quite frequently that this was what God led Him to. He was a very good minister to begin with but then his wife was the teacher and she would openly admonish him for preaching against what she was teaching so that eventually he became a poor preacher of God's word because he didn't want to be at bad terms with his wife. This is just an example of what can happen when a woman supersedes her husband.

In the OT they were proportioning the land to the tribes according to the sons. This one family had no sons so the daughters asked for their father's sake if they could claim his inheritance and God allowed it but NOTE** it is because the father was without a son.

In the NT God says that a woman who has become widowed at a certain age and for the allotted time is to be given the same rights as a man providing that she stay a widow.

I recall this question came up in the Pentecostal church as being Native people following the tribal system which is matriarchal meaning the children follow the man and they basically rule. The man provides by hunting, fishing, lodging (you know, manly things :p ) so they had a problem coming to grips with this.
ma·tri·arch (m
tr
-ärk
)n.1. A woman who rules a family, clan, or tribe.
2. A woman who dominates a group or an activity.
3. A highly respected woman who is a mother.

The Bible says that a woman does not over rule a man because man is made in God's image. A woman was to wear a head covering but her hair is her covering. I know I've been to sites that say that God is a woman and that is clear blasphemy.
When we are willing to compromise God's Word how much more will it be compromised is my question.
When a man and woman love each other they share the responsibilities according to who has time and is capable. I know homes where the man does most of the cooking because he is the better cook. He does most of the cleaning because he is very particular about how clean it must be. In a lot of cases today the woman also holds a job or is the main bread winner. This isn't sinful, it is love working out what is best but the man still has God's Word. I also know of households where the man confers with the wife over God's teaching because she is most capable but the woman does not speak above her husband in the congregation. At times the man lets the woman speak because she is more capable for explaining.
There are also times when the man does not know God may attend church for the sake of his family but the woman is the spiritual leader in their home. God says Is there no one here with wisdom?

I am sorry but I know nothing about communion but I did attend a St. Michael's church in another community as it was the church closest to where I stayed and I guess that is what they did at the end of the service. To me it was a ritual and they were most gracious with me about it.

When I have questions on the teachings from God I ask God to get a precise answer as mankind is fallible, prone to error, and some are on different levels of learning/understanding from others. A good relationship with God clears many questions.

M

Mammachickadee

Peace be with you, is there only "be submissive to your husband" Holy Scripture written in the New Testament for women? What about others? Are they not significant too?
Be submissive to all of them first, which proves one 'love their GOD with all your heart, mind, soul and strength' and then share with every other women out there who are lacking in spirit and truth like you, which proves one 'loves their neighbor'.
As it is written; "Women are not to practice authority over men in church (tell them what to do)." Or do not try another way to sneak in the garden of eden again to again compromise what has been written and given to seal the New Covenant of GOD, All Mighty, All Powerful and All Most High. For a reminder, many bloods have been shed to complete the New Covenant.
As it is also written; "If you think you are wise to the things of this world, you need to become foolish first (to the things of GOD)." "Teachers will be greatly judged." "It is not Adam that was deceived but Eve first (who then deceived Adam)."
This Holy Scripture correction comes from the LORD JESUS CHRIST who truly loves you, just like every parents do that their kids do not fall into the snare of the devouring lion. i am merely an unworthy servant just doing my duty, gifted to share the Word. i have my sets of corrections from the LORD too, to work out in fear and trembling.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST rebuke the false spirit in you and restore a gentle and quiet spirit in you.
My parents and I have two different approaches to the concept of submission. My mother personally believes a woman should be submissive to her husband and always giving in all things. If she's not feeling well, she thinks she is Biblically obligated to still do EVERYTHING my father is in the mood for her to do, be it culinary, sexual, or mental. On the other hand she is a manipulative and often heartless woman- physically, emotionally, and spiritually abusive.
I am of the opinion that, though you don't HAVE to submit mindlessly you do have to have a pretty good reason not to do something that is a wife's promised duty.
For example: If you know your husband is dealing with an issue and does not have rest about it, a wife should comfort and do what she can to help bring his mind to rest. When he was abusive, however, and running around with every person male or female that he wished, it was unwise of me to be anything but the lady of the house. Some may disagree, but if there is likelihood of danger to her health a young mother would be foolish to sleep with a man who chooses persons of certain sexual orientation for his playmates. Whatever the decision, though, a wife must use discretion, humility, and prayer through the struggles.

M

Mammachickadee

A woman's role in the church:
[God had not formed woman out of the head, lest she should become proud; nor out of the eye, lest she should lust; nor out of the ear, lest she should be curious; nor out of the heart, lest she should be jealous; nor out of the hand, lest she should be covetous; nor out of the foot, lest she be a busybody; but out of the rib, which was always covered (Edersheim 1957, 146).
'I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness' (1 Timothy 2:12)
Certainly women may teach (cf. Titus 2:3); they may, in certain ways, even teach men. There is a reciprocal teaching in singing (Colossians 3:16), and privately, in conjunction with her husband, Priscilla was involved in teaching Apollos (Acts 18:26). But a woman may not assume the position of teacher, with the man subordinated to the role of student, without violating a New Testament command.] Taken from https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/169-womans-role-in-the-church
I can recall as a young person (roughly 7 or so) going to a new church and, for the first time, seeing a lady choir director. It was such a novel concept to me because, of course, the Bible says women in the church should not be in a position of teaching and authority over men. One could argue that the church choir is not preaching and is, therefore, a grey area... but I submit to you that there is just as much doctrine to be had in John Newton as there is in John VanGelderen.
Certain churches condone having a woman as the preacher/teacher (might I cite the PCUSA church who, along with condoning homosexuality and infant baptism for salvation in certain churches, believes in women pastors and teachers). In the case of women teachers, there is no doubt that a woman can teach a woman... sometimes with more heart than a man can... and she can teach children.
What of head coverings, braided hair, and only wearing skirts and dresses?

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, may GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST bless you in spirit and truth. You are Holy Scripturally talented on the things given to women to excel. So please look less on men for GOD has placed men, leaders for leaders to deal with one another.
i hope you are not in ignorance, that Christian women today need a lot of prayer and attention in building and edifying using the Word. This is important as the New say, they are weak and are easy prey to the devourer and his servants. Focus on them who when one is born again or one who has gone through a deliverance so that the very same spirit will not return and find it's previous room is now empty and clean to enter again.
We tired of Christian women trying to claim their rights when there is none written but only grace and truth towards others who struggle and lost. One who continue is only being tempted by their selfish feelings and desires to justify otherwise.
There is no two ways about the truth and different opinions and judging one another unless they are Holy Scripturally justified as grace and truth.
The Heavenly formula is, 'take the humble seat first to all that is written, then you will be exalted'.
Women need your attention badly, for restoration to the Word of the Kingdom of God.
You are a sister in CHRIST and are like me, have the Word as a talent bestowed upon us but as the vessel that holds them, is lacking itself to come in obedience to the Word.
No one need to listen to me but only to what has been written as, 'Holy Ancient Words' spoken in wisdom by the HOLY SPIRIT to impart spirit and life to excel spiritually forgetting carnal.
After all this sharing, if one wants to still persist, i have no strength left to carry on but step down from this discussion.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST still bless you in spirit and truth.

Last edited: