Daughter Following the Wrong Path

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I just found this video that shares some very pertinent information on the differences between the false religion, islam, and the one way, Christ and Christianity.

presidente

May 29, 2013
They told us they lived in Geneva and Paris (I thought only the dad was born in France but his mother grew up there as well) before moving to the US and they let their kids drink responsibly upon turning 16 and allow weed, but smoking cigs to them is haram. To me, they just seem crazy Muslims who were have western European views on adolescence. We told them we simply didn't feel comfortable with the idea that they're sexually active and we wanted them to stop because they're too young. The parents agreed that they would talk to their son but they weren't going to pressure them to break up. That whole conversation just made the dinner incredibly awkward and definitely made things worse with my daughter. The boy's parents told the boy about our conversation who then told my daughter: and now she's furious at us for talking to them about her and her boyfriends sexual relationship.
If the boy is over 18, you might be able to get press charges of statutory rape. It depends on where you are. There may be laws that apply to 5-year gaps of time between them.

You could have told the parents that they were bad Muslims. Cigarettes are haram, but not al-zina--- fornication? What kind of Islam is that? I don't think they know much about their own religion. You could also say maybe you care about their son more than they do, since you (I assume) care if he goes to Hell, but they don't seem to care at all, and that they will have to stand before God and give an account.

Not sure if that is the best approach if you'd just met them.

They may not believe much in their religion. Maybe they would be easier to win to Christ than radicals, if they become aware of their own sinfulness before God.

I feel like I'm losing control of my kids, even my second child (15 year old son) has began watching shows that we don't allow in the house like Euphoria, RuPaul's Drag Race and Sex Ed, and also installing apps like Tiktok and Snapchat so we confiscated his electronics.
I'll pray for your children. You can just get rid of streaming in the house or have it on one family TV.

The only one of those shows I've heard of is Rue Paul. Unless a boy has LGBT. tendencies why would he watch something like that? I've always found men in drag to be repulsive since I was a little boy. (Is that common for men.) There are plenty of people at schools trying to brainwash the children with the evil LGBT ideas right now. You definitely need to talk to them about this stuff.

In our nightly Bible studies, we talk about all kinds of things. The gay issue doesn't come up that much, but in a Bible study for kids we met through our kids friends, we've discussed that issue as well. There aren't that many kids, and at least two of them thought of themselves as bi or gay. I don't know that either of them had acted on it.

They can identify with some sexual perversion and be praised for being 'brave' and have a group to fit into.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
At the end of the day this is an old story. Child dating someone the parents disapprove of. Child behaving in ways the parents disapprove of.

Things I don't see as productive. Attacking the other parents, accusing them of being bad at their religion, or claiming to care more about their child than they do. If you want to burn already shakey bridges and make things worse, then that may be a way to go about it.

Forcing beliefs on children, and making them feel they have no right to think for themselves, especially at that age. Or even asking a third party to get involved and play spy.

What you're trying to do is control her, and that doesn't work in the long term, and is likely to even backfire and turn her more against you and Christianity.
You aren't changing her heart or her mind, which means her behavior isn't going to change any either, when she's able to decide for herself. It may, even, reinforce the ideas you're trying to keep her from engaging in.

If you aren't doing things to try to change her from the inside then you're painting yourself as religious control freaks by trying to control her from the outside.

Apr 21, 2021
Texas, USA
If the boy is over 18, you might be able to get press charges of statutory rape. It depends on where you are. There may be laws that apply to 5-year gaps of time between them.
He's the same age as my daughter they're both 17, he's just a few months older (my daughters born in July and he's born in April) so I can't press chargers and even if he wasn't, I wouldn't want to destroy his life by pressing chargers.

I don't think they would be swayed towards Christianity, his mother wears a hijab, they mentioned that they prayed often and follow the quran. From what I understand, they are religious but in a 'non-traditional/liberal' way. My daughter also did tell me once that the boy takes arabic lessons which is apparently normal for muslim men to do to be able to read the quran in its native language. So I don't really think they aren't faithful to their religion.

And about my son, I just mention RuPaul randomly. He's been watching that show with my daughter for while now. He's even watched Game of Thrones and ridiculous shows like Gossip Girl because his sister watches them. We did cancel our streaming services but they just go and watch things illegally and even though we installed like parental control apps, they find ways around it (hence why we confiscate their electronics instead). He's the son, I'm the least worried about, he loves to pray and go to church and aside from the sneaky watchings here and there.

presidente

May 29, 2013

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
He's the same age as my daughter they're both 17, he's just a few months older (my daughters born in July and he's born in April) so I can't press chargers and even if he wasn't, I wouldn't want to destroy his life by pressing chargers.

I don't think they would be swayed towards Christianity, his mother wears a hijab, they mentioned that they prayed often and follow the quran. From what I understand, they are religious but in a 'non-traditional/liberal' way. My daughter also did tell me once that the boy takes arabic lessons which is apparently normal for muslim men to do to be able to read the quran in its native language. So I don't really think they aren't faithful to their religion.

And about my son, I just mention RuPaul randomly. He's been watching that show with my daughter for while now. He's even watched Game of Thrones and ridiculous shows like Gossip Girl because his sister watches them. We did cancel our streaming services but they just go and watch things illegally and even though we installed like parental control apps, they find ways around it (hence why we confiscate their electronics instead). He's the son, I'm the least worried about, he loves to pray and go to church and aside from the sneaky watchings here and there.
You are doing good in setting boundaries for your children. Continue to pray for them that God Himself will lead and direct them. Dont feel bad when your children become angry with you, they will one day understand that its because of love why you were strict with them.

Oct 31, 2022
You are doing good in setting boundaries for your children. Continue to pray for them that God Himself will lead and direct them. Dont feel bad when your children become angry with you, they will one day understand that its because of love why you were strict with them.

Oct 31, 2022
I am confused by this formatting. It looks as though my comment will be added to someone else's ongoing comment. Nonetheless. Nabeel Qureshi was the most convincing apologist for ex-Muslims I have ever seen. He cuts through a lot of bullcrap quickly. He disrobes Islam as a viable alternative faith. He makes rather practical sense of the Christian faith to Muslim evangelists. For years he was a Muslim apologist to Christian acquaintances.
Separately, recent archaeological discoveries on My. Ebal prove the veracity of Bible stories from as early as 13th century BC. Curse tablets located linking directly to Joshua 8 and indirectly to the book of Job. Sulemon had to collect all the different versions of the Quran and burn them to produce a single version. And Mohammed received his visions only AFTER he was victim of a witchery.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That makes sense, no wonder most of islame is opposed to truth, righteousness and holiness, and denies the One way by the Only Begotten Son of God.

Oct 13, 2022
I can relate to the heart break your children causes. I am dealing with an estranged daughter.. I always say I wish I was in the shoes of those who are going through difficulties but at least know their child is alive but nevertheless your situation is your experience and it is heart breaking. I know a bit of the Islam faith and they don't see Chrisitan or any other women as nothing special. That what the religion teaches them. Talking to her about it do not help sometimes. Yes let her know it is unacceptable point to God’s word but pray more and speak less..
Prayer works. It worked the first time for my daughter and it will work again. I always say my daughter was offered back to God as a baby and son and even though our trials are very hard. God got them and he will see us though. We will have the victory in the end. So take courage and keep loving her and praying for her. I am praying for you personally for God to continue strengthening you.. 🙏