dear somewhere

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dupreegreg

Do log distence relationships work, and can you really fall for someone on the net?

Z

zaoman32

speaking from personal experience, they don't work. Speaking from experience as well as hearing others stories the amount of long distance relationships that do work are very rare. You need two incredibly mature people that are committed to staying together and have the common goal of marriage, and they need to be determined to see it through, otherwise it is far to simple to be unfaithful and dishonest.

As for falling for someone on the net I think this is far to easy because rather than basing your relationship with the person on physical appearance and behavior the relationship is based strictly on thoughts and emotions, and when emotions are involved things can get pretty intense pretty quick.

Don't think I'm totally nay saying online, or distant relationships I have had stories where both have worked out very well, the instances are just not very common.

U

Ugly

Well, its no different than an offline relationship. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. There is no easy yes or no answer. If you have the chance for one, and are willing to do the work and take the risk, go for it.

And with the ease of sending pictures and doing online video chats, also texting and cell phones, its even easier now and can tell more about a person than you could in the past when you didn't have those things as easily available.

P

Powemm

words are easily spoken, knowledge will tickle an ear.... Be "doers" of the word... words often play a beautiful symphony, but watching the words dance themselves out can be the difference between an applause, and a standing ovation... :).

R

Relena7

EXTREMELY short version:

I met my guy online. We are in love. We've been seeing each other for 4 years now. He's flown over and visited me lots of times so we've spent a lot of time together in person. But even before we met in person, we clicked well over the internet and knew we had a solid friendship.

Some people think online love can't happen.

Some think it can.

It doesn't work for some.

It does work for others.

S

simplyme_bekah

Me and my guy met online on a website that was for rating pictures. We talked every day all day long when we were not working online/phone/webcam. We have been together for 7 yrs. So yeah it can work. That all depends on how serious both of you are and if both of you want to make it work.

U

Ugly

words are easily spoken, knowledge will tickle an ear.... Be "doers" of the word... words often play a beautiful symphony, but watching the words dance themselves out can be the difference between an applause, and a standing ovation... :).
Not getting what this has to do with the topic at hand?

P

Powemm

simply put,
words are easy to speak , Action behind them balances them out :)

Oct 11, 2012
I don't care what anyone says, long distance relationships can work. I've been in quite a few and they were some of the best relationships I've ever had. You have to rely on conversation and getting to know each other instead of all the physical things taking part of that time. There's all kinds of neat-o stuff you can get to help too. There's a kiss phone which you can kiss and the other person who has the other phone mimics the kiss you made. There's also matching pillows and it lights up when the other person is hugging it. Webcam dates too and what not. I actually believe it can be a very positive thing for a beginning relationship. Oftentimes, we're so tempted to do things we're not supposed to especially when a relationship is new. Put the distance in between and it can help you work on communication and different things like that. You can build your relationship on what's inside, and what you have to offer which I think is great.

I never fell in love over the internet, but I have liked a few people. Actually two or three of them were my boyfriends, after we met up in person and everything jived. Granted, they all cheated on me.. but that was not apart of the question.

Go where your heart leads you, it may take you so something different and for all you know, different may be good!