Death of a Friend and great Christian philosopher

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

Anyone who knows of Dallas Willard has probably already heard that he passed away last Wednesday after fighting cancer. He was 77 years old. He was a professor of Philosophy at USC for 48 years and wrote many deeply profound books such as "The Divine Conspiracy", "Renovation of the Heart", "The Spirit of the Disciplines" , "The Great Ommission", and many more. He was very active in formational relationships with John Ortberg, Richard Foster, and my very own pastors. He and his family attended my church for decades. A private service was held yesterday at my church but air public service will be held May 25 at Church on the Way.
Dallas was a wonderful man who left behind quite a legacy. His last words were "Thank you", not to his friends and family, but to The Lord and how he had always been near. Please pray for my church family especially my pastors, as well as Dallas' wife and children, and the many people he touched throughout his life.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting his family and all who knew and loved him before Jesus for all comfort, streangth and peace during their sorrow.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

L

Livi94

Praying for him and his family and friends

G

GreenNnice

Praying, too, Jordache, sounds like a great man of God, I pray Dallas' books and works become more poplular too that others will see what kind of things he did, that USC can see change to its students from, maybe, this man's passing, some impact, anyway, of the 10,000 or so students that attend there. :)

S

stevef

Adding my prayers for Mr. Willard and his family.