'Death Row Jesus'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

didymos

Distasteful farfetched rubbish:

'Texas Man to Launch 'Death Row Jesus' Campaign; Says Christ Was History's 'Worst Criminal'
David Miller of the Little Pencil organization will launch "Death Row Jesus" campaign on Wednesday.
The man behind the controversial "Jesus Tattoo" movement will launch a new campaign "Death Row Jesus" on Wednesday to spread the message that God was the "worse criminal" while on earth.

David L. Miller of the Little Pencil organization is known for his thought-provoking marketing campaigns that promote the Gospel. Last year, he erected 59 billboards throughout Lubbock, Texas, depicting the image of Jesus Christ clad in tattoos. But this time, he is opting for digital video advertisements that will launch in major cities throughout the U.S...'

Source: http://www.christianpost.com/news/texas-man-to-launch-death-row-jesus-campaign-says-christ-was-historys-worst-criminal-125375/#!

Sep 10, 2013
...very sad. Now every weak-minded is allowed to start "christian" campaigns and mislead the young people.

O

oldernotwiser

when i read this first post i expected to be offended by what seems to be happening in texas. when i read the linked article i saw a couple of lines that could light up some bells in the minds of some people but nothing untrue. we might remember first that the symbolism in that article is no different than using a cross as a symbol in the early church. the cross wasnt used as a public symbol until at least the 4th century. it was a symbol of degradation. it was not simply a means of execution but rather the final step in a process of execution by torture, and reserved for slaves, traitors, and other deviants.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
the cross wasnt used as a public symbol until at least the 4th century. it was a symbol of degradation. it was not simply a means of execution but rather the final step in a process of execution by torture, and reserved for slaves, traitors, and other deviants.
Great point.

O

oldernotwiser

i put chapter one of that ms. on my blog here. i would love to see some comments. i'm getting it ready (footnotes) to start sending it off to publishers.