Death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am sure everyone has thought about how and when they will die, and i have also given much thought to it. I have cheated death more than once, or at least that is how i feel. But I made a decision a while back, if and when i die it will be a death worthy to be called a follower of christ. I told god that my blood, my body and my soul are his and that not just anything or anyone can take my life. there are so many ways to horribly die but there are so many great ways to die too. I want to die bringing glory to god and showing himself through my death. I am not afraid to die and actually welcome it so i may finally be home in his arms but ever since i told god all of this i felt and still feel some sort of protection. Like i can't die yet but i think when its time i will know it. I would rather die saving somelses life because that would truly be the greatest death i can think of and would make sacrificing my life for another a chance for them to know god better. Like I said i feel some sort of protection and i say to god good then i will keep all my promises to you. I have met death once his voice is very unique . it's calm and no emotion and really he has no body no skeleton like many think about. but i wasn't afraid of him in fact i even said when he pointed to me to come with him how i was so happy to finally go home. Now this is part of a dream i am telling you of but it wasn't a dream. I was really teken from this world and into another, it isn't the fiorst time this has happened. I don't know why god has allowed me to see such things and to be in the presence of him, death and many other holy people. And i wish i knew how soon my death was so i could be very excited, but god wants me to live for some reason even though i have begged him to take me home. Has anyone else been through things like this? have you ever felt some sort of protection around you keeping you from death?

J

Jordache

I am a single female and I don't drive which means I walk or ride the bus everywhere. You could say I have definitely felt God's protection. Just tonight I was almost hit by two cars which I happened to see and stop before they ran me over.
Perhaps a better focus would be what God has for you to accomplish. I'm not sure of the biblical support for "death" the person, which doesn't mean you didn't see something. But it seems to me that some of these things you are writing about could be a distraction from what God has for you here while you are alive. I can see your heart is for The Lord. That is awesome. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Make your focus be bringing His Kingdom to earth. That is why we are here.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am a single female and I don't drive which means I walk or ride the bus everywhere. You could say I have definitely felt God's protection. Just tonight I was almost hit by two cars which I happened to see and stop before they ran me over.
Perhaps a better focus would be what God has for you to accomplish. I'm not sure of the biblical support for "death" the person, which doesn't mean you didn't see something. But it seems to me that some of these things you are writing about could be a distraction from what God has for you here while you are alive. I can see your heart is for The Lord. That is awesome. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Make your focus be bringing His Kingdom to earth. That is why we are here.
Distraction? no i am just simply deep in thought and remembering some of the things I have learned and felt about death. I have faith that god keeps me alive so i may fulfill the promises i made him. I honestly cannot say that death is good or bad, but even though i have been reluctent to not go home I swore to him that as long as there is breath in my body I will continue onward in the path he has for me. My promises to him were made when his spirirt infuenced mine. I promised him things that even today i think are crazy sometimes but they are all for him and his people and i believe me making these promises to him were almost like him telling me what he wants me to do.

J

Jordache

Awesome, Blain... Keep trucking along!

G

GM777

I understand what you're saying to an extent, and it's great that you are so committed to God that you want to live and die making Him proud, but I think that protection you feel is God saying to you that it's not yet your time, you still have a mission to fulfill on this Earth that requires living so that when you fulfill His plan for you, then you can return home. Life is hard, and I often go to bed wishing God would take me or allow me to fulfill His mission as soon as possible so that I can leave this Earth as soon as possible and prevent any further corruption of the spirit and emotional turmoil. All I can say is, continue your strong devotion to God, and trust in His plan for you. He will take you when it is your time. God bless you.

F

fireofpassion

Isn't god amazing!!! I to would love to flee to heaven but do feel
Like its not time just yet and god has a hige plan I to have
Escaped a few death exsperiences or been in darkness and not listened to god but he's
Never forsaked me but infact kept saving me my whole life
I supose some feel more than others becoz there spirit overflows the cup as having
Half a cup full of spirit dooesnt taste as sweet X

F

fireofpassion

Isn't god amazing!!! I to would love to flee to heaven but do feel
Like its not time just yet and god has a hige plan I to have
Escaped a few death exsperiences or been in darkness and not listened to god but he's
Never forsaked me but infact kept saving me my whole life
I supose some feel more than others becoz there spirit overflows the cup as having
Half a cup full of spirit dooesnt taste as sweet X

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think what makes a person more spiritually overflowed is the choice he make, will I give god all i have or will i be sasfied with just being an okay christian? Do i seek god more than anything or do i love the things of the world more? How bad do i want god to change me into his vision and will I be willing to go that far for him? I am not gonna lie, I am not a good christian. Believe me i try but i have so far to go and so much to change. Yet I see my goal and i strive for it, I want more than anything for god to change me into an exact mirror of christ but for now i am just too weak in faith. But i think a willing heart is what makes the difference

F

fireofpassion

I totally agree with what you said about the spiritual
Side of things, god gave us free will so yes infact we must be willing!
But I guess its about taking a step at a time after all if we run before we can walk
Where gunna be heading for a wall and wee don't wanna over whelm ourselfs
God goes at are pace :):):):) we have different relationships with god
As he made us all unique its great.

S

shirley

i feel the same way about death ; i look forward to that day no more pain no more sorrow ;just being in gods arms is what i seek ; i feel his presence all around me everyday when i was a young girl i use to cry when my dad hit me ; but i felt god rubbing my hair and saying its ok my child im here ; to make hurt go away id always say it only hurts for alittle while even when my daughter hurt me it only hurts for aliitle while and like god says forgive them they know not what they do ; so god protects me and i know he only wants the best for me ;i welcome death just to be near him ; did you ever wonder what kind of leagacy you left ? so bff keep doing your glorious work for god ; and god does have you here for a purpose ; i see gods gift wthin you

I

Indubitably

Hey Jordache, I'm glad you're still with us.. We need you here.. keep looking both ways now! :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I love it when we all come together to support each other:D This could make a certain someone angry;)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hey does anyone know if death himself is good or evil? he didn't seem to be either way when i met him but idk

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Hey does anyone know if death himself is good or evil? he didn't seem to be either way when i met him but idk
Lol! Why do you refer to "death" as a person? The bible says, "for the wages of sin is death". Therefore, death is the outcome or end result of the fall of man.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
But he is also known as the angel of death, plus i clearly remember meeting and talking to him.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
But he is also known as the angel of death, plus i clearly remember meeting and talking to him.
According to hindu mythology, the god of death is supposed to be a "He". Since physical death comes as a consequence of sin, the one you talked to in a dream could be the devil himself.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
According to hindu mythology, the god of death is supposed to be a "He". Since physical death comes as a consequence of sin, the one you talked to in a dream could be the devil himself.
well i know nothing about hindu but no trust me it wasn't the devil, he didn't even talk much nor did say anything negetive or positive, besides it was in a dream sent from god I met him. but maybe i should do some research on death and find out