Deceptive photos

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 29, 2012
oldman, these youngsters can't see life from the perspective of us elderly folks. ;)
In our youth, we took film to be developed, and the only person clever enough to alter a photo was the developer, and very few of them.
It was also pretty apparent when a photo had been changed, right? :)

Beth--you make me laugh. Thanks. ♥ (but...wait...aren't all youtube videos true?? ;) )
~ellie
It seems we in America have been 'dumbed down' and thus believe what we are told and what we see without question. Honestly that attitude has me somewhat unsettled.

About altering film photos, I am reminded of this from about 1917. Some people believed these were authentic also.
Cottingley Fairies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

btw - altering the lilly to blue started as an accident. I was processing the RAW file [a digital version of a film negative] and set the white balance to simulate a tungsten bulb. A tungsten light automatically gives a light blue color cast and I worked from there to intensify the blue effect.

Apr 29, 2012
Oh, and btw--if the squirrels at my birdfeeders are any indication, they would be the dominant species if they had opposable thumbs! lol

(I do think they're secretly planning world domination. Honestly. They're as cunning as can be! Polititians can't even begin to comapre with squirrels!) :)
One of my favorite animals to photograph. Known to some photogs as 'fur wrapped lightening'.:D
Gorillas are a hands down favorite.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
It seems we in America have been 'dumbed down' and thus believe what we are told and what we see without question. Honestly that attitude has me somewhat unsettled.

About altering film photos, I am reminded of this from about 1917. Some people believed these were authentic also.

btw - altering the lilly to blue started as an accident. I was processing the RAW file [a digital version of a film negative] and set the white balance to simulate a tungsten bulb. A tungsten light automatically gives a light blue color cast and I worked from there to intensify the blue effect.
There is also the fact, that those of us who grew up with computers are very knowledgable about photoshop and just dont view it as a big deal...im more concerned with people who just believe anything they see

P

psychomom

Ah the solarions....too bad Filch killed all of them when he invaded their spaceship :(
Am I the only one worrying that the Doctor is getting...dark?
I mean, he just let Filch die! Didn't even really try to save him, which is not his typical M.O.
(Filch, btw---what a great name for that character!)
And then in "Mercy" (also a great name for that town, with its lovely marshall), he pretty much threw Kahler-Jex to the Gunslinger! I can remember when the doctor would have laughed at the other alien doctor's comparison of the two of them, not flown into a rage.
And then the Doctor drew a gun!
Whaddaya think...the master?

P

psychomom

I had heard of the Cottingley Fairies, but never seen the photo. Wow--well done! I can see why people would have believed it. I am a skeptic, even when I perhaps ought not be.
I do agree with the intentional "dumbing down". :( I think we are wanted to just believe what we are told, not to sound too much like a conspiracy theorist.

What's that saying...if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything?
Better make it--if you don't stand with/under Jesus...
He is the One largely missing from culture. (everytime I write "culture", I am reminded it begins with "cult". is that a coincidence? I should look into its etymology.)

I'm so sorry to derail your thread (with sci-fi references)--please forgive me! I ought to have begun one in miscellaneous, I think. :(

I really admire your technological abilities. I know how to turn my laptop on; is that amazing? ;)
~ellie

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Am I the only one worrying that the Doctor is getting...dark?
I mean, he just let Filch die! Didn't even really try to save him, which is not his typical M.O.
(Filch, btw---what a great name for that character!)
And then in "Mercy" (also a great name for that town, with its lovely marshall), he pretty much threw Kahler-Jex to the Gunslinger! I can remember when the doctor would have laughed at the other alien doctor's comparison of the two of them, not flown into a rage.
And then the Doctor drew a gun!
Whaddaya think...the master?

Ugh this is my least favorite thing...the doctor is not a nice as people think. Remember in last seaons episode Demons Run? He blew up that entire enemy Cyber Fleet. He trapped the Family of Blood to a fate worse than death. Filch had it coming the Doctor just repaid him what he earned for ejecting the Solarions. Kahler-Jax was bad too. Also I'm pretty sure we aren't getting the whole story. Amy and Rory are already gone. The episodes are happening 'out of order' Amy and Rory got taken by the Angels(this is im assuming what episode 5 is) and these past few episodes has been the doctor going back in time to remember them. Also why he is so angry

-I mean there have been flickering lights in all three episodes so far, which is a known sign of angels.
-The way he blew up in Mercy about how he was finally going to start protecting the victims
-In Asylum of the Daleks he told amy he would be with her till he died and she said or vice versa and he gave her the strangest look.
So far the only people he has killed or maimed where those who clearly deserved it: whether they be Dalek, Filch, or Jex. Yes its a darker side of the doctor, but it was a side that was always there. A side he kept hidden with rules he imposed. After all ''Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.'' That day is here.

Aug 29, 2012
LOL, this is fun! A squirrel found digging in Barry Bonds trash:

W

wwjd_kilden

It can be entertaining too though, people believing anything.

A few years back, a newspaper printed a short article claiming that a man had removed his own appendix :p